Game-Labs Forum

Wait......are we not supposed to attack?

Ive seen this brought up a few times and i would like clarification. People are complaining of higher lvl people attacking lower lvl people and telling them to stop ir make the larg clans enforce a no attacking noobs policy.

Is this for real in a sandbox game ? I mean as i pirate you would only realy want to attack a ship you can beat so im not sure i get it.

Is this a unwritten rule or just people complaining etc ? Cuz as a noob myself I always assumed im gonna get jumped till i can learn to turn the tides.

No rules whatever, only dignity, If you want to be known as a low level killer but run away as soon as you see a man-o-war, (Like most of the pirate's did back then), you have the full right to do that.

Understand that people will complain about it but, 3/4 of the player base will do this.

Then there are also people who don't go and wine and assemble a fleet to go and hunt you down, so don't become to good of a villan otherwise this will happen.

For the people complaining, this game is about firepower, if you don't want to get ganked don't sail alone, if you don't want to fight at all and just complain, go to the PVE server.

I think that someone who sails alone has the risk to be ganked, as it should be.

And that the clans do a no noob killing policy is only a matter of that they want to, you don't have to obey that policy if you don't like it, but be aware clans make nations and a nation their policy is decided by the largest clans, so if you want to go and do your own things or jut sails with 3 of your mates, being a pirate is the way to go.

This comes down to stop complaining and work together, or be a pirate and take advantage of the lack of teamwork some people nowadays have.

Thanks for the responses! As a pirate who has very limited time to play and only play with 1 friend ( its why i picked pirates) and i just wanted to sorta act like a pirate did. I sail around is small ship with my friend looking for targets of opportunity for quick cash and loot.

At my skill level if i only hunted new players i would probably not be known as the guy who kills noobs but rather the guy who cant even beat noobs lol.

Thanks for the responses guys.

Remember to inspect all Basic Cutters for possible Crafting Notes. They could be someone's crafting alt! Inspections are best performed by blowing the masts off and then using grapeshot to kill half the crew and then putting the rest to the sword and then capturing the ship.

You must be thorough.

Leave no stone unturned!

• Like 3

Remember to inspect all Basic Cutters for possible Crafting Notes. They could be someone's crafting alt! Inspections are best performed by blowing the masts off and then using grapeshot to kill half the crew and then putting the rest to the sword and then capturing the ship.

You must be thorough.

Leave no stone unturned!

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

• Like 2

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

That is good, That is good :)

On the other hand, if someone goes around killing the newbies, then that player will get a KoS for the rest of their game in most MMO that I have played. 

Ok here's the real deal.

Attack whoever you want.

BUT.....

Like most MMO's understand that there WILL be consequences. Your reputation in an MMO is different from the reputation of a pirate sailing in the golden age and the mechanics are completely different.

Attack other pirates and get a reputation as such,  you'll probably find yourself being hunted by other pirates. Find yourself in a battle against another nation and other pirates join to help you, expect them to turn their backs when they realise its you.

In short, be a douche and you'll be treated like a douche. Attack lowbies, those lowbies will remember you when they're no longer lowbies.  Attack a clan's lowbies, and expect the entire clan to attack you on sight.

Real life rules do not apply to MMO's.

Do as you like within the games TOC but understand the MMO world is a lot smaller than the real life one and anything you do good or bad will be remembered.  Actions have consequences.

Edited by Long Beard
  • Like 3

Ok here's the real deal.

Attack whoever you want.

BUT.....

Like most MMO's understand that there WILL be consequences. Your reputation in an MMO is different from the reputation of a pirate sailing in the golden age and the mechanics are completely different.

Attack other pirates and get a reputation as such, you'll probably find yourself being hunted by other pirates. Find yourself in a battle against another nation and other pirates join to help you, expect them to turn their backs when they realise its you.

In short, be a douche and you'll be treated like a douche. Attack lowbies, those lowbies will remember you when they're no longer lowbies. Attack a clan's lowbies, and expect the entire clan to attack you on sight.

Real life rules do not apply to MMO's.

Do as you like within the games TOC but understand the MMO world is a lot smaller than the real life one and anything you do good or bad will be remembered. Actions have consequences.

I dont think anyone was talking about killing thier own.