Game-Labs Forum

Bullying and Abuse?

I'm having trouble following the course of these exchanges.

I don't see any cardinal sins right off the bat, so I would recommend using the Ignore function on the users in question, and continuing to screenshot any blatant aggression in nation chat.

pm the bullied one he should bring it up to the tribunal, because extreme trolling and bullying is a banreason

How to Ignore ? Right Click name in chat and choose from menu ?

problem is that they are pushing each other further and further, chat should be moderated, atleast a bit
Edited by Fuzzyhead12

Ok i looked at the shots here...so you kept talking to them and they replied ...you didnt like how they did that so you took a screen shot of them talking to you..second, they spoke to you in PM once or twice, you spoke back and took a screen shot saying this is harassment.  use the ignore button if you dont want people to talk back to you, also get some thicker skin. its just text and words.

Also stop talking to them or stop talking altogether if their words mentally disfigures you and will cause bodily harm -.-

Also the screen shot 22:03 "Like you're penis"  you said.

good way to get trolled.

also fuzzyhead12. it seems he kept mocking them or talking to them to get shunned, it didnt truly start till he started talking back to them.

This is the problem with the youth now, parents don't raise their kids right, they raise soft skinned victims

Edited by Bismarck83
  • Like 1

This is the problem with the youth now, parents don't raise their kids right, they raise soft skinned victims

i think professors who studing the ethic and philosophy and humanity of man would want to argue about that with you, hurting people with words or physical hurting them is bad, its a simple fact.

also fuzzyhead12. it seems he kept mocking them or talking to them to get shunned, it didnt truly start till he started talking back to them.

i was refering to the group of people she or he was talking to, they were pushing each other to insult each other. that was what iam trying to point out. so how will be dealt with this? giving all a chatban for for 3 days?

chat ban...no, higher will power not to say stuff back yes.

if someone mocks you and teases you on the internet i give you options

"Ignore button"
"Turn off the game"
"Simply take it with a grain of salt"
"close the chat channel"
"Watch a movie"
"speak in riddles and confuse them"

I gave many options here yet the only one this guy took was talking back, mocking them back and complain they kept talking back. a mod needs to lock this thread and ignore this issue

chat ban...no, higher will power not to say stuff back yes.

if someone mocks you and teases you on the internet i give you options

"Ignore button"

"Turn off the game"

"Simply take it with a grain of salt"

"close the chat channel"

"Watch a movie"

"speak in riddles and confuse them"

I gave many options here yet the only one this guy took was talking back, mocking them back and complain they kept talking back. a mod needs to lock this thread and ignore this issue

intresting so then i get insulted by a group for severel weeks i need to ignore them all and they dont get any punishment, then they look for a new victim and do the same, thats not a solution, thats just ignoring of the problem.

iam not speaking of small little jokes nobody cares about. but calling someone a faggot and calling it off as a joke is not right. People that behaves like that are the one that was raisied wrong by their parents and not the ones who getting insulted.

i got few days insulted by some british player who were dragged in my battel with his ship without any amor on it, he started insulting me the worst way possible. it wasnt my fault that the game mechanics are dragging him in.

well he sank and lost his ship i though that was punishment enough, he is also blacklisted in our clan because of that behavior.

• Like 1

i got few days insulted by some british player who were dragged in my battel with his ship without any amor on it, he started insulting me the worst way possible. it wasnt my fault that the game mechanics are dragging him in.

well he sank and lost his ship i though that was punishment enough, he is also blacklisted in our clan because of that behavior.

No - it's you'r fault that he got dragged in, if you start battle with other players in circle expect to get raged on.

Hey guys! I know there is an ignore button but he already hurt my feelins :'c that not ok man. I clearly know what true bullying is like okay! I am a victim!

Get it together, this is the internet. Ignore and move on.

We wouldn't ignore such things in any other form of communication, why should the internet be a special case? As for 'true' bullying, who are you to define it? Bullying takes many forms and all are valid.

No - it's you'r fault that he got dragged in, if you start battle with other players in circle expect to get raged on.

Sometimes you're going to get dragged into a battle.  It happens, that is not an excuse to be a jerk to the person - especially considering how many new people we have that are still learning the mechanics.  We do not tolerate people being jerks.

Let's do a little rules reminder (http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/2346-forum-and-sea-trials-rules/) - and yes, these rules also apply in game:

1. Respect

The goal is to support open exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion. We understand that there could be conflicts that happen when people voice opinions.  Users are expected to be courteous when disagreeing with others.

2. Ranting and trolling

A rant is a post that is filled with angry and counterproductive comments. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Trolling is when you structure your posts to anger and insult other players to achieve an emotional response. Please post your thoughts clearly and avoid trolling.

3. Personal attacks, racism and discrimination are prohibited

Personal attacks are posts that insult another forum user directly or discuss user’s personal life or situation. Posts that include race, religion or sexual preference based personal attacks and trolling can result in immediate suspension. Such behavior will not be tolerated.

Looking at the chat screens above, I believe that all of the parties were violating the rules.  The person reporting it was making comments, the people being reported were making comments, I see culpability on all hands.

If you don't like the way someone is speaking to you, if they're breaking the rules, right click their name on a rude statement, and hit "Report".  Follow that up with right clicking their name and selecting "Ignore".  Done.  If you start going back and forth with them, it A: Encourages them, and B: means you're being almost as bad as they are.  Your case that you are being abused or bullied starts to become rather thin when you're giving as good as you're getting.

Stop responding to them, ignore them, and move on.  Case dismissed, unless everyone involved would like to risk a chat ban?

• Like 3