Game-Labs Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Yesterday
  2. I got another bug... Mothballed ships are no longer actually being sold. I have sold the same ship three turns in a row.
  3. Port Strike requires you to have enough speed to outrun the transports... the more speed the more often the transports are sunk in my LIMITED experience 19kt battleships couldn't hit for me either... 26kt ones struck the port every attempt (most transports are in the 16-20kt range... gotta outrun them
  4. You can also quickly toggle the AI control on and then off again, it will set an intercept course for you.
  5. When attacking a territory as part of an alliance, the first attacking power gets "dibs" on the province once it's invaded. Would be nice if there was a way to fiddle with this - trading technology or money to your ally in exchange for the province maybe. Similarly, if you're trying to avoid a war with somebody, maybe there could be a way to do diplomacy - like, propose trading colonies and cash with each other, and if there's enough of an imbalance in the AIs favor, you can reset your relationship to 0 or something.
  6. This may be an exploit? Even before you have RDF or Radar, if you don't know where the enemy is, you can tell your ships to retreat and they will set a course 180 degrees from the nearest enemy. Then set the course manually again in the opposite direction and you will whammo right into the nearest baddie.
  7. Last week
  8. Wait, the ability to refit captured ships has finally been added?
  9. This has also somewhat happened to me lots of times recently, but with my supposedly sold ships. I realized that a country could still ask to buy a ship that was in the proccess of being sold to another.
  10. Many early hulls can't mount barbettes at all, but (on some of them?) if you select the tiny square barbette first, even if it's grayed out, it becomes available and "unlocks" other barbettes as well. Pretty sure you're not supposed to get barbettes for those ships at all, and it's a bug. But hey, until it's fixed it's exploitable and lets us do superfiring turrets on pre/early dreads.
  11. Finally the Japanese campaign ended. Improvements - no seize-ups of the game. Battles were nearly without incident. I had two or three instances where my task force froze in the water but I was able to work around it. Economy and fleet size have indeed improved in the mid-late game. Ship designs are cleaner. Never did secure Korea. Got one province of it in a land invasion out of Manchuria. Otherwise it never gave me the option. Add to it another thing - the world load-time out of the constructor or following a battle is humongous. EDIT - I apologize, this was the live version of the game, the campaign took 2 updates while playing it.
  12. Thats an odd bug I have never encountered. Is this specific to any hulls or nations?
  13. I have another oddity/bug. Just finished a war with Spain. For reparations I took several DDs, two CLs and a BC. The DDs and CLs show up as classes I can refit. The BC is absent.
  14. Now you're just talking too much sense. Heck, you could use rudimentary rules for each protection scheme...all or nothing should be different than cit3.
  15. my group of 1896 battleships for some reason cant do port strike damage on an ungaurded port cause they cant kill any of the tansports and its counted as a defeat but my group of destroyers can is this entended?
  16. Or some for of rule that prevents fore/aft belt/deck armor from being thicker than fore/aft main belt/deck armor. Very often do we see the AI build for example battleships with 0" main deck armor and 12" fore or aft deck armor. Or ships with 0" (or minimum, depending on class) main belt armor and very heavy fore or aft belt armor. If there was a rule preventing the extended belts/decks from being thicker than the mains, the AI would have to armor up the important areas before wasting displacement on super thick slabs of steel elsewhere.
  17. Sometimes if we can control individual ships not forced in a formation it would be nice.
  18. I can see AI might struggle with overweight problem. However, AI could go overweight, then go reduce armor til it fits.
  19. It would be lovely if the minimum armour in shiptypes had a follow on effect on the other parts or the ship rather than just the main belt. For instance if the minimum is M then the game could insist that the minimum for all other parts of the ship is M/6, so for a BB with min 9” main belt this would ensure that it also has 1.5” everywhere else. Alternatively editable minimums for the main belt, main deck, extended belts, extended decks, superstructure, conning tower etc. would also be very useful, and allow delicate fine tuning of the auto builder.
  20. This is more an issue on the earlier ships but it's something that has always confused me. There seems to be a restriction on barbettes where you must place the small wide barbette (can't remember its exact name) first before you are allowed to place any of the other types of barbette. Why can't we just choose any barbette and must place a specific type before we can place others? It kind of limits the design of ships. Does anyone know why this is or how to get around it?
  21. If you mean that we should have a set of guns and shells determined separate from the ship designer to choose the armament of our navy, I am all for it. Would make it more realistic, and also easier for us history nerds who like to limit the number of different guns in the fleet anyway. Would be neat if having more than a handfull of guns and shell types in the repertuar would increase maintenance cost of the fleet, as it would have been in IRL. edit: To be honest, I was very supriced when I first started playing campaign that this was not the case to begin with, as IRL a fleet using for example both 14.9 inch and 15.1 inch rifles would have been all but pointless historically.
  22. yeap, it does the 1st one, that is demented. @Nick Thomadis can we for the love of god change this?
  23. Maybe a minimum 0.1in armor should be required for AI ships, unless TB. I also notice while main belt is usually protected, aft and front are usually 0.1.
  24. My wish is much simpler: 1. Allowing 10x speed and 30x less restrictively. I understand it was to prevent accidents, but sometimes chasing enemy require 30x speed unless I watch 5min of nothing. 2. Allowing me to build latest variant of ships. This is a critical request, one that should be easy to allow and make huge impact on gameplay.
  25. I saw someone else had already made a topic like this too, but I figured I would make my own as I have a few wishes. Some small, which I would guess could be easily implemented, and some that I'm unsure of whether or not they're possible. But hey, it's just a wishlist; not a list of demands😉 Custom Battle Setup: The option to set battle timer. Currently the timer is 10 hours (ingame) for a custom battle, with no option to reduce it. Would it be possible to give us another drop down menu to select battle time from 1 hour up to 10 hours? The option to use multiple classes of each type of ship. Currently if we want to replicate something like the battlecruiser fight in the battle of Jutland, Germany and Britain would only get multiple ships of one class, rather than several types of different battlecruisers. Would be nice if we could select for example 2x Derfflinger and 2x Seydlitz VS 2x Queen Mary and 2x Indefatigable (or even try to replicate each individual ship) rather than just having to settle for 4x Derfflinger VS 4x Queen Mary or something. This would also make things easier when you're trying to fight a specific Shared Design ship - currently we have to remove all other similar designs to ensure we get the opponent we want. Campaign Setup: Campaigns could also benefit from more options. Select Ending Year. Currently a campaign will last until 1965. That's great if you want to play a long campaign, but what if you just want a short campaign starting in 1890 and ending at the dawn of the Dreadnought era in the early 1910's? I would think it would be easy to add this to a drop down menu (and yes I'm aware no one is forcing us to keep playing) More options for AI behaviour. Currently we can pick Historical, in which each AI nation is controlled by its respective AI personality (Germany is controlled by germanyAI, Britain by britainAI etc.) or Random where Germany might be controlled by franceAI, Britain by defaultAI, USA by jeunecoleAI, etc. Looking at the save files, there are a lot of AI personalities. It's possible to assign specific personalities to specific AI Nations by editing the save file, but it would be nice if we could do it when just generating a campaign. If possible, setting the AI personality to Default should make their Technology progression paralell that of the custom battle/shared design progression. This should make the AI more likely to build Shared Design ships throughout the campaign, as their tech level would always match. Divorce Funds from Difficulty. The current difficulty setting just gives the AI more money. It would be nice if higher difficulties gave the AI certain tech advantages at the start, and made all nations more hostile to the player. So on Legendary difficulty it should be very hard to make friends and a player would often see the AI ally with each other and go to war with the player. While on Easy difficulty the opposite would be true. Funds could have two separate drop down menus, one for the player and one for the AI. High Funds would be similar to the GDP bonus the AI currently enjoys at Legendary difficulty setting. So setting AI funds to High and player funds to Low (or standard?) would give the same experience as the current Legendary difficulty setting, but if combined with the reworked more agressive AI behaviour at Legendary difficulty proposed above, a player would be up for a real challenge. Submarines/Mines, Enabled/Disabled Self explanatory Campaign in General: More events to lower Unrest would be nice. Currently it is very hard to lower unrest unless you're at war. While I personally don't struggle with very high unrest, the AI constantly does, leading to revolutions and rebellions. I think it would also make sense if Unrest constantly decreases when a country is at peace and the economy is doing OK. When taking ships as War Reparations, could we always get the plans for them so they can be refit? Currently, if the AI we're taking ships from has deleted the design plans, there's no way to refit our prizes. And there's no way to know which ships come with design plans when selecting ships. As a workaround, could the AI be prevented from deleting plans of ships they still have in service? It would also be nice if we were shown which class each ship belongs to, by mousing over them to see details. Currently we just have to guess based on the value. The Log in the lower left corner of the campaign map shows a lot of information when a new month is being loaded, but once the month has loaded most of that info is just gone. It would be nice if we could scroll down the full log. Battles in General: Something a lot of players have asked for is a "deployment phase" at the start of a battle. I don't need to see the enemy deployment, personally, but it sure would be nice if I could manually set which ships are in a line formation, and their heading, and which are screening, scouting, etc. Currently it can become a bit of a fustercluck doing it at the start of a battle, especially if the enemy is already in firing range. Many DD's have been lost by simply not being able to get out of the way soon enough when the BB's are taking fire. The bad weather "fog effect" Note, I'm not talking about DD/CL smoke screens! In certain types of weather, the battlefield is covered in a kind of haze. Not only is this annoying to play in, as seeing your ships, their heading, torpedoes etc. becomes very difficult for a player, but it also looks bad. There are two types of cloudy weather; Cloudy and Overcast. I forget which is which, but one of them has the ugly haze, one of them has a nice steel gray ocean and a cloudy sky box. The second one looks great, and the actual in game effects of both kinds of weather are more or less the same. Can we just lose the hazy fog, please? It also hides the dramatic looking waves in Stormy Weather. Now again, to be clear, I'm fine with my Ships having reduced view range when the weather is bad, but I, the Player, would like to see what's going on! Ship Designer: Could we get a separate Length slider, and just calculate Displacement from where we set the Length, Beam, and Draught? Could certain ships get access to a third type of optional tower; a Middle Tower that fits between the Main and Rear towers? This would typically have funnel slot(s) and maybe some secondary barbettes or casemate mounts. Yes, the effect can be replicated currently by just mounting funnels and secondary barbettes on the deck between the Main and Rear towers, but that doesn't look as good... Would be nice to fill out some of the bigger Super BB hulls, which can often look a bit empty! (and some of them, like the German one, could really use some more funnel slots) That's about it for my wishlist. Yes, I left out things like Multiplayer and Multithreading support, but I feel that's probably outside of the scope of a Patch. (would love to be proven wrong though!!!)
  1. Load more activity