Game-Labs Forum

Friendly advice for polish players

Bart Smith

Hi Bart Just wanted to say Hi and that we welcome all you guys to the game and hope where ever you go you find the Battle. But if you are looking for somewhere to go look up Tattered Flags but we are a pvp soc so if you are not looking for pew don't join but we can have fun by helping you guys out.

he is not looking for a society but for a nation.

Atm France seems a decent choice as there is just 2 know society playing this nation. One french speaking which is EdR and then just focus on french speaking guys that are not so many ig, and one english speaking SLMF wich is a bit small to defend our country.

With this 2 small society for an entire nation, it's sure we may need more people to help us building a strong nation

+ Our capitail is based in middle of cariben allowing us to pvp on nort west easly against many nations

+ We have many ports around

+ The nation is organise and it exist good relationship between the 2 society

- There is just 2 society in the nation

- The nation is underpop in regard of other nation

- It's maybe a bit hardcore for some players

• Like 1

Thank you for you comments and advice. Some of us well know history and we know there was lot poles fight for Napoleon. On the other hand we got mmo game and some others prefer choose nation based on nation population, ports placement on map and resources and generally so called balance. Hope we can hear more friendly advice form you guys.

• Like 1

For both :-D.

First was me in an undercrewed bellona fighting a consti and winning, the second was me in the same undercrewed bellona being boarded in saturday trafalgar by his boarding santi :-D....

Good times....

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Before wipe i tested almost all nations, i chosed Brits (cultural reasons) but i belive that PL community choice of Dutch is best option. French and Spanish are concetrated on language players so they are less popular choice. My point of concern is that: cultivation of lake Maracaibo could be quite booring - and in future open beta could be deadly for pvp organisation.

Well we hope for it to be honest. Right now its like "just another" pirate game and we wait for possibility to choose own country to play.

I sure that many others may feel the same, the Chinese, Russians and the myriad other nations not represented in this game or genre. You have to remember though this game is based on an historical time period, with historical nations represented. Dont feel singled out because the Polish are not here. ;)

Most ships back in history were not solely crewed by people from that country alone, something many people either do not know or seem to forget!

Ships (most) were under crewed as it were and it wasn't unheard of that many foreign sailors either joined them or were forced to do so, they even used prisoners from nations they were at war with. In most cases this was needed since many ships were in serious need of able seamen which were not readily available!

Edited by Henrik
  • Like 1

Most ships back in history were not solely crewed by people from that country alone, something many people either do not know or seem to forget!

I think you would be surprised at the depth of knowledge this community has regarding the Age of Sail. Yes a percentage may not know of the international make up of most navies of this period... but I'd wager most or a good percentage would.

However we are talking Sovereign or Republic Nations involved in this period, not nationals who fought in it!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Another wipe on way and we still not got own nation and possibility of sailing under own country flag:

ZMNUqBk.png

So Ladies and Gentelmans same old question: what nation we should choose and why ? Please post your opinions and advices here. We hope here for constructive discussion. Thank You.

Bart Smith