Game-Labs Forum
REPUBLIQUE

Wonderful ship maker

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

No, more line ships.

We dont need fishing ships.

Pffftt...ships of the line...there are four in the pipeline for the rvr players.

We also need some of these little cuties:

Recueil_des_vues_de_tous_...Gueroult_du_btv1b845434591.thumb.JPEG.88377cfb3dcb2ad80c260f3636a8d707.JPEG

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Malachi said:

Pffftt...ships of the line...there are four in the pipeline for the rvr players.

Recueil_des_vues_de_tous_...Gueroult_du_btv1b845434591.thumb.JPEG.88377cfb3dcb2ad80c260f3636a8d707.JPEG

Barques longues and thus (French) Corvettes... You know how to make yourself liked (by me at least) !! 😀

Edited by LeBoiteux

22 minutes ago, Malachi said:

As a rvr player, we are still short with only 4 new line ships.

I hope we see a new ship poll so we can vote for more second and first rates.

Those ships you posted arent appealing at all. You will see if Im right or not if there is a new ship poll.

Edited by Intrepido

The problem atm is still balancing aswell so new ships are actually usefull.

Wasa/Bellona?

3rd rate/Bellona?

etc.

Balancing them with BR isn't enough because then they only get used in portbattles but not in openworld.

Low DPS ships (same class) should have more HP and be a bit faster than high DPS ships, this could be balanced by weight of cannons aswell. That way the Vic would be more tanky than ocean/santi and being faster aswell

Pavel/buc the same. Pavel more tanky than buc and a bit faster

3rd/bellona, same.

A problem in my oppinion is still the huge pengap of 18 and 24 pounders. It is actually the biggest ingame for some reason I dont understand.

15 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I hope we see a new ship poll so we can vote for more second and first rates.

Those ships you posted arent appealing at all. You will see if Im right or not in there is a new ship poll.

I hope someday there will be a poll only for 'small' ships, say less than 30 guns. 

Mixing small and big ones in one single poll when only one (or two) of those ships are chosen at the end favors big ones (for a variety of reasons) but it doesn't mean ppl wouldn't like to have more small ships implemented.

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 2

Ahhh yes.. The "The more guns, the better" syndrome. The ship with the most guns is the best... Jesus..

Chill Sella :D 

We all here for age of sail, some like frigate cruisers, others like first rates, others enjoy the non full ship rigs.

It is great we have a vast selection of ship models !

If we ignore the metagameplay we have a LOT of ships of all types.

But need a Dutch one :)

@rediii all about models here m8, not gameplay BR and damage and yadda bla ;)  Honor the work of the artists please.

13 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

Chill Sella :D 

We all here for age of sail, some like frigate cruisers, others like first rates, others enjoy the non full ship rigs.

It is great we have a vast selection of ship models !

If we ignore the metagameplay we have a LOT of ships of all types.

But need a Dutch one :)

@rediii all about models here m8, not gameplay BR and damage and yadda bla ;)  Honor the work of the artists please.

I honor it a lot, that's why I want to see all ships being used like they should :) Pavel is a wonderfull ship for example

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeBoiteux said:

From a broken record 😉 : creating L'Unité from in-game HMS Surprise by removing 8 guns and, maybe, changing the paint scheme and adding a figurehead would add another 30-gun three-masted ship to the game.

excellent idea, introduce the french Unité corvette (6th rate) in game but  redraw by an artist like Igor 🤓

5 minutes ago, REPUBLIQUE said:

excellent idea, introduce the french Unité corvette (6th rate) in game but  redraw by an artist like Igor 🤓

I might be mistaken, but unfortunately I think Admin said once that it would be a waste of time and ressource as ppl would not like to have the 'same' ship with a lighter armament. To me, it wouldn't be the same one, but well... there are plenty of other sloop-of-war / corvettes / small three-masted ships that could also be implemented. So np 🙂

2 hours ago, LeBoiteux said:

I might be mistaken, but unfortunately I think Admin said once that it would be a waste of time and ressource as ppl would not like to have the 'same' ship with a lighter armament. To me, it wouldn't be the same one, but well... there are plenty of other sloop-of-war / corvettes / small three-masted ships that could also be implemented. So np 🙂

they can rework Surprise in game by Igor  because to look closely she is not well done visually compared to the Pandora for example

To be fair to the artist who made the Surprise, he certainly had different tris count limits three or four years ago. Makes a huge difference in visual quality.

• Like 3