Game-Labs Forum

Forts still shoot green on green

So I wanted to help a US player against several French in a Snow infront of a US owned port. US player managed to get to his square fort, with a French ship chasing him and me stern camping the French guy.

All went well, at first, but then the fort startet shooting at me. Guess how many volleys the fort needed to obliterate me?

@Developers, cmon guys, is it that hard to fix this?

My solution for targeting AI would be something like that:

GET: target-flag

IF: target = friendly

THEN: do not fire

IF: target = enemy

THEN: do fire

And while we are at it, and because I experienced it myself:

GET: line of fire

IF: friendly = in line of fire

THEN: do not shoot

IF: friendly = not in line of fire

THEN: do shoot

Also made bug reports about these events, but got no answer yet (I know not all of them are answered, but I´d like to get that feedback...).

Good winds, gentlemen, o7

• Like 4

I get that your own forts do FF when you get in their line of fire towards and enemy vessel. Forts want PvP marks bad, and are not scared of by warnings and tribunals.. For me FF from the forts opens some possibility when hunting a player that is running towards a fort for safety. So I personally do not mind this at all, but down the road the fort should recognize FF and at least try to avoid it.  

If I as spanish join the a pirate side of a fight in front of a pirate fort, then the pirate fort should consider me an pirate player and not try to kill me. The fact that forts intentionally aim for ships carrying their own nations flag in a battle makes no sense! It is a bug that the forts know our real nationality and consider us enemy, when we join on the Forts nation side of a battle. 
I have seen a lot of players join fights like this to close to their teams forts, and then they get sunk by their own teams fort. It is just awful! 
Experienced players are aware of this issue, so this bug only slaps the newer players in the face. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oberon74 said:

And if a Prussian is fighting a Brit in front of a French town, the Fort should just shut up! 

Fort commander *clicks* ships and sees the info card... it reads "Enemy Player"... he immediately orders all the batteries to fire at the closest one. The sooner it ends one of the ships with appropriate decorum and heated shot the better, and he can go back to his nap.

Replacing player choices - in this case of engaging or not a enemy player near a common enemy fort - with protective measure is weakening the decision making and risk management to dumb and dumber levels.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

Fort commander *clicks* ships and sees the info card... it reads "Enemy Player"... he immediately orders all the batteries to fire at the closest one. The sooner it ends the better and he can go back to his nap.

Replacing player choices - in this case of engaging or not a enemy player near a common enemy fort - with protective measure is weakening the decision making and risk management to dumb and dumber levels.

Lol, the guy tagged me.  The very least that the lazy (and probably drunk) Fort commander could have done, was to engage the aggressor....

On 8/13/2018 at 1:44 AM, Sir Texas Sir said:

There is no green or red team to forts.  They will fire upon any nation that isn't the nation that owns them.  So if you jump into a US battle next to a US Fort and your of another nation they can and will fire upon you if you get to close.

Excuse me, but why am I even allowed to pick a nation I want to assist in the fight, then? If you want the forts to behave that way, you should stop making it a 1v1 of nations, but rather a battle "free for all", where everyone keeps their nationality.

I see a lot of reports on the tribunal regarding green on green; if you want to keep the current system, forts should be bound to this just as players are.

On 8/13/2018 at 11:34 PM, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

Battle start

Confirm/Cancel Land Forts F7

similar to control option.

I guess if you can implement the option to disable the fort at all, you can also simply fix the targeting AI, so it stops FF. I´d rather have the fort not shooting at all, than a fort trying to shoot the enemy, but hitting me instead.

Forts firstly are there for the protection of their nation, and I think they just lose their purpose, when they sink more friendlies than enemies.

On 8/14/2018 at 2:18 PM, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

Fort commander *clicks* ships and sees the info card... it reads "Enemy Player"... he immediately orders all the batteries to fire at the closest one. The sooner it ends one of the ships with appropriate decorum and heated shot the better, and he can go back to his nap.

And for fights infront of a third nation fort: Why not just disable the fort at all, like in PVE against AI fleets?

I want nothing, was just giving my point of view.

Actually I like how it is. I enjoy the risk and i did sink a lot, I mean a lot, to forts.

I respect your suggestion for more safety, just shared some light hearted ideas on how and why the forts act as they do.

Fair winds sir, may the seas be totally safe.