Game-Labs Forum

Regional Bonuses for RvR

Should Regional Bonuses Return?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should regional bonuses return?

Let's bring more meaning to RvR and make the special trim types "regional bonuses" again. There's only a handful of ports in the game worth fighting for these days and until an economy update is made (which will likely be never at this rate) this is a simple solution. 

For those not familiar with the old system: each county/region has a specific trim type when crafting ships (ex: every port near Grand Turk gets fast trim)

The majority of the ports on the map are either not making money, losing money, or just plain useless. By bringing back regional bonuses, many of these non-productive ports can be given purpose once again. Not to mention who enjoys RNG?

Edited by Capn Rocko

2 hours ago, Capt Jubal Early said:

" The following will be implemented in the next BIG patch. 

• Capturable cities will give much better chance to build an exceptional vessel. "

That is a step, but would be nice if we got a chance at the AI perks too on top of bigger chance for exceptional.  Don't lock it to ports cause than folks will just own one zone and than every one use alts.

Though ports owned by clans do need a little something.  Like control of the resources they get instead of just the money earned which is a joke.  The most we earned one day was 2 million and than we had to pay 1 million in tax's (500K was for the timer) that just stupid crazy as some one that only has 100K maintenance would get a lot more profits.  The up fee as you earn more should be separate from the maintenance fee.  For a fairly small/new clan holding most of the nations ports we pay a lot out of our pockes cause most of the ports make little money (cause no one wants to trade past enemy ports in ports that use to make moeny).  NO reason for them to go down to those ports and risk it right now.  Need more reason for folks to risk things in ports not in the safe zones.

1 minute ago, z4ys said:

Why nobody remembers why it was dropped?

- Hauling

- buildings

- unbalanced rvr nations

- time

- and many other mimimis

The resources need to be spread better. Rare woods need to be in more ports especially the dead areas like Costa Rica, the Polish ports and the gulf of Mexico.

But I see no problems its exactly the same as hauling all the goods into your capital. Adjust your logistics and watch the markets move into new trade hubs.

Rather then an Exceptional vessel or some random lotto/ overpowered PvP incentive it should be done like Economical bonuses, like increased extraction of resources, or those resources that are harder to obtain can be gathered in regions rather then single ports etc, the game lacks a real economic system to tie the PvP to the OW and lack of Real PvE that would improve the overall quality of this game, you have alook at many MMO's and they all have massive PvE content then the PvP thrives from the extensive roots created by the PvE community that supply the PvP players to go and enjoy their experiences in the games. Devs have yet to get a grasp on an actual system to actually make this game work properly and yet there are so many examples around us that could easily make this game better.

9 hours ago, Capt Jubal Early said:

" The following will be implemented in the next BIG patch. 

• Capturable cities will give much better chance to build an exceptional vessel. "

Yes and I'll add to this thread in saying that I DO NOT want the regional bonuses of old where they affected the ship. We have those in special trims and perm mods now.

My thread is based on bonuses being more toward economic bonuses and I definitely believe that economic regional bonuses would be the way to go about it.

So Yes to bringing back regional bonuses but I do not wish to see the old regional bonuses back (like strong hull) because we already have them in the forms of mods and refits.

• Like 1