Game-Labs Forum
BallsOfSteel

Port Wipe

42 minutes ago, admin said:

this will change soon once new VM conditions will be deployed

Please don't forget paint chests for VMs and PvP Marks :wub:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

It depends if you're East or West Coast...

Not really. You are talking a difference of UTC-5 to UTC-8 (-4 to -7 during DST).

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

US has what like 6-7 ports like they need to loose any more.  Russia does not have any US time zone ports.  France does by the looks at it but way over in the BFE area.  Same with Dutch but man some of those are even late for us.  I just wonder why so much of the Bahama is owned by one clan and why so shitty PB timers?  It's really hard for us to pick targets and get a piece of a pie when almost every thing on the map is in EU time.  As Russia and  US time zone clan I was looking at targets early this week for maybe taking one port for our clan and it's very slim pickings.  Was hoping for some shallows but even most of that is all odd times even for the EU's.  

I honestly think there should be some limit of owner ship clan wise so that one or two clans can't own majority of the ports and gives smaller clans of any time zones chance at one or two ports.  Right now if a small clan tries to take one port they get jump by half the servers and silly alliances. I was told don't even try GB Shallow ports cause I would have Swede Pirates and others screeening for them and have to fight through 75+ screeners to even get in.  We are talking about a none key port not something like Cart or a copper ports. So that doesn't really encourage small clans of any time zones to try to get into RvR.

#Globalserverfailed

3 hours ago, admin said:

this will change soon once new VM conditions will be deployed

Perhaps it would prevent stuck conditions (where too many ports are “locked” behind timers) if there was a limit to the number of timers a nation can place.

In fact, make it based on the “difficulty” level of a nation. You can place timers on half the number of ports you have in a safe zone. For example, the Dutch have 4 safe ports. We could place (and pay for) timers on 2 additional ports. I don’t know how many Spain has but let’s say 30. They could place 15 timers. “Impossible” nations are impossible. They have no protected ports so could place no timers.

Edited by Farrago

3 hours ago, Landsman said:

Please don't forget paint chests for VMs and PvP Marks :wub:

Yea, always difficult deciding which ship is which on the iPhone app.

Buster (White chested from painting ceilings)

I do not see there need to be a port wipe based upon what Global players wanting ports. I only side "slightly" on the view of port wipe because of the various changing of clans to different factions creating an undesired port vacuums, the factions are completely different from the start of the merger. Prussia, Dutch, and France being good examples of this. Then there is forged papers which have disrupted any chance of stability in the servers division of the population. If any port wipe before release occurs it needs to be done after the removal of forged papers in everyone's redeemable and made into dlc content.

• Like 1

I would say let's wipe everything. XP (which can be returned upon release, fulfilling the dev's promise), ships, gold, ports, mods, books, etc.  Let's test the new player experience! :ducks: :ph34r:

• Like 2

While joining an established server with a map that was pretty much already set was an annoyance, it's a small price to pay for having a merge and everyone back together on one global server.  Numbers seemed to have leveled off and stabilized with a steady 650+ population most evenings and peaks over 700.  Far better than before the merge.  Even anti mergers like the famous Lars @Bearwall have returned, despite vowing to never come back.  They always do.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Christendom said:

While joining an established server with a map that was pretty much already set was an annoyance, it's a small price to pay for having a merge and everyone back together on one global server.  Numbers seemed to have leveled off and stabilized with a steady 650+ population most evenings and peaks over 700.  Far better than before the merge.  Even anti mergers like the famous Lars @Bearwall have returned, despite vowing to never come back.  They always do.  

Doesn't really peak at 700, haven't since before the merge and EU daytime numbers are the same as before.. The two pops hardly inteeracts, if ever - which is why the regional servers are a better idea..

8 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

Doesn't really peak at 700, haven't since before the merge and EU daytime numbers are the same as before.. The two pops hardly inteeracts, if ever - which is why the regional servers are a better idea..

it was over 700 this past monday during the carta/somerset battles.  It was also over 700 when you nation attacked france down at carriacou.  

#whyareyoualwayswrong

15 minutes ago, Christendom said:

it was over 700 this past monday during the carta/somerset battles.  It was also over 700 when you nation attacked france down at carriacou.  

#whyareyoualwayswrong

So.. on average the merge did nothing for the playerbase and the numbers went above 700 twice this week because of important PBs? Hardly a testiment to the success of the global server..

#globalserverfailedsowehadamergetotestitalloveragainanditsstillfailing

4 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

So.. on average the merge did nothing for the playerbase and the numbers went above 700 twice this week because of important PBs? Hardly a testiment to the success of the global server..

Player counts are constantly high. The lows are not as bad as they use to be. Pre- merge you could go as low as 80 players at night. That's 80 people on the entire map. Try PvP in back then as an off peak player. 

Edited by Flinch

1 minute ago, Flinch said:

Player counts are constantly high. The lows are not as bad as they use to be. Pre- merge you could go as low as 80 players at night. That's 80 people on the entire map. Try PvP in back then as an off peak player. 

Try PvP now in any tz.. reinforcementzones basically killed non-RvR PvP.

7 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

which are not related to the merge.

14 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

pre merge population would barely crack 500.  

Thank us later.

PS - why after vowing to quit yet again, did you return?

Just now, Christendom said:

PS - why after vowing to quit yet again, did you return?

Because I was asked to.. And I missed your ugly posts and very uncreative insults.. 

#USeducationalsystemneedsmassivereforms

4 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

It depends if you're East or West Coast...

East is one hour a head of me, west coast is two hours behind me making it even more early morning.  Man you really should learn time zones before thinking it's our eveings.  Again we can only play those times on the weekends unless your jobless or like me work a night shift.  Even than my hours doesn't match EU as that is when I sleep and by time US prime time start kicking I'm heading out the door for work.  Though my point is most of those timers you mention are not any one US prime times for the most part.

2 hours ago, Bearwall said:

#Globalserverfailed

EURO Bias is what failed things.  

1 hour ago, Davos Seasworth said:

I do not see there need to be a port wipe based upon what Global players wanting ports. I only side "slightly" on the view of port wipe because of the various changing of clans to different factions creating an undesired port vacuums, the factions are completely different from the start of the merger. Prussia, Dutch, and France being good examples of this. Then there is forged papers which have disrupted any chance of stability in the servers division of the population. If any port wipe before release occurs it needs to be done after the removal of forged papers in everyone's redeemable and made into dlc content.

Another big problem is how many ports have not been touched since the wipe and owned by nations?  They really should do a port wipe when they bring out the new conquest mechanics to restart it so it's fair for all nations and all clans to get new ports and chance at there VM limit.   I bet you if a few nations have to refight for there ports they might show just how week they really are with numbers.  That is why they don't want a wipe.  Kinda seems odd the only way most of the big ports are getting won right now is with multi flips and multi nation screens.  

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

I would say let's wipe everything. XP (which can be returned upon release, fulfilling the dev's promise), ships, gold, ports, mods, books, etc.  Let's test the new player experience! :ducks: :ph34r:

Oh dear lord can I murder you now for even suggesting it? I really do not plan to do that grind again.  Hell I'll be honest that if we have to regrind ship knowledge upon release it might be a deal breaker for me to lol

33 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

They do at Bermuda and the hidden island.

Can't see hidden island times, but I'm sure flatts was changed recently it use to be on EU timer like the rest of Russia ports.  

12 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

Really cause combat news pretty much says other wise. It's scrolling all day long.  Trying again buddy. Take a look at how many kills are in reinforcementzones area.  Nouvelle-Orleans, Fort-Royal, KPR....this is just since I logged on 2 hours ago.  It stays constant through out the day and US eves.

F62368D38A5C213D706FBCF4982B1095C44F969E

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

@Sir Texas Sir why not just grab a few of the ports that's gone neutral if you don't have the balls to take a contested port..

maybe cause there was no neutral ports until this morning?   You say that like there are neutral ports all the time. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

Because I was asked to.. And I missed your ugly posts and very uncreative insults.. 

#USeducationalsystemneedsmassivereforms

no matter how many times you say you're gonna quit tittybaby, you always come back to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Christendom said:

no matter how many times you say you're gonna quit tittybaby, you always come back to me.

Ehm.. does this mean we're in an abusive relationship? I'm really confused now.. Who am I? where am I? What are my sexuality and why didn't I find out in puberty?

37 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

@Sir Texas Sir why not just grab a few of the ports that's gone neutral if you don't have the balls to take a contested port..

33 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

maybe cause there was no neutral ports until this morning?   You say that like there are neutral ports all the time. 

like i said in my earlier post, prepare for butt hurt eu players with less of a fact checker than Hillary Clinton. 

That aside. Bearwall, Texas is not afraid of pvp either way. take it from someone from one of the few nations that did fight BLACK back, even though we were vastly outnumbered once other nations couldnt join our PBs. And when they could BLACK still won most of the time, probably 90% of the time, because they were well organized.