Game-Labs Forum

England Declares War on Poland!

Iroquois Confederacy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the fear of losing your capital part of the reason you play as polish? I'm sure that if you considered it game-breaking then you'd play as the English, French, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, Danish or Americans (There's PLENTY to choose from....).

Yesterday I was verbally attacked by several polish players for attacking their ships in OW PvP claiming that I was not honoring the agreement between our nations. I'd like to remind the kind players of the polish nation that the british players with whom you have made a verbal agreement with CANNOT speak on behalf of a clanless british player such as myself - and yes... I was aware that you had made a deal with some british clans.. But NOT with me.

The british nation has no moral obligation to leave you alone.. The only people obliged to leave you alone are the players with whom you have made an agreement.

Edited by NicklasK
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, NicklasK said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the fear of losing your capital part of the reason you play as polish? I'm sure that if you considered it game-breaking then you'd play as the English, French, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, Danish or Americans (There's PLENTY to choose from....).

Mmmm, no.  Nobody wants to have to haul all their stuff across the map multiple times.  Aside from some polish players wanting to be polish, the attraction is a combination of a great location and not having to rub shoulders with some of the personalities that stink up the room in some of the big nations. 

1 minute ago, Banished Privateer said:

Main reason of playing as Poland is being Polish. Just like for US and GB and Russian and Danish players... and all other nations.

Maybe the Polish players should get over being Polish ;) As you well know, I'm danish but playing british - and you're polish playing prussian. We're both in nations that suits our play-style rather than our own real nationality.

3 hours ago, Percival Merewether said:

Yesterday I was verbally attacked by several polish players for attacking their ships in OW PvP claiming that I was not honoring the agreement between our nations.

Could You please share some screenshots on this? 

Kind Regards,

Darek.

I have no screenshots. the individuals referred to are not you or other PFK guys (today) - you attacked me fair and square east of Les Cays. and you let me fight Jan 1 vs. 1 in his Bellona until I had to retreat after roughly 35 mins of fighting and a couple of smart moves made by him that cost me 80% of my armor on one side. I did however express my disappointment in him during the battle as he had always acted proper in other engagements but was particularly hostile towards me yesterday.

You and I had a conversation in battle before you left in which I explained my POV and you explained yours. No hard feelings there.

And as you ought to know @DaRho , verbal abuse is not to be posted on the forum but should be reported in-game for the moderators to evaluate later (Every friday?). I like to give people the benefit of doubt and not report them on first offense - but PFK is not entirely without blame, you can ask around and see if anyone remembers a couple of "Motherf%&#er" (Hope self-censorship is okay) phrases being thrown at me around Guaya and Puerto de Espana for attacking your traders and fighting ships.

EDIT: Following engagements with your guys I have often offered a replacement ship to get them back out again, last time was to Paradox roughly a week ago. Jan also once captured my Endymion and I warned him of enemy vessels on the way back to port since I respected his skill in the battle we just fought. I have also let one of your guys go because he was badly damaged and out repairs and I was tied after more than an hour of fighting.

I do not appreciate being accused of breaking agreements I have not signed.

Edited by Percival Merewether

Yesterday I was verbally attacked by several polish players

When You write "polish" player, people automatically think "PFK" as this is the clan that holds 99,9% of Poles in Commonwealth so any accusation like this is automatically understood as accusation against PFK clan. 

I am aware that we are not without a blame and we are working on improving that internally in PFK. I've been personally in contact with the people involved in that PvP situation while it was evolving to make sure that no such situation occurs.

And here I hear that it DID, hence I'm asking for a proof.

Otherwise it is just an empty accusation which we will be fighting against, as PFK has gained a bad reputation recently (I can't say that we're not to blame for that) and in order to improve it, we need to stand against any false accusations like this.

So, If there was no verbal attack on You yesterday by PFK players, then I would like You to take back this accusation. Otherwise, please paste the screenshots or paste the link to the post You have created for that offense.

If it was not PFK players that offended You, please share the clan name here, so that I could speak to the respective leader about it.

Also, as Commonwealth, we are not taking any responsibility for actions of clan "Free tribes" clan ("TRIBE"). This is a free clan and we have no control over it.

Edited by DaRho

those who check global chat might remember that when we decided to not take les cays the first time that evening there was a lot of shit from PFK clan and others in global laughing about brits and saying that we were too afraid to take their port.. we let that slip coz we didn't wanna wipe you out

but we had an agreement .. i personally warned Murdock in teamspeak that night that if they don't stick to the agreement we will come and take the ports and he said ok isn't that right?

i saw complaints about polish attacking brits almost daily in nation chat mostly from small clan traders or ppl without clan .. ofc they didn't take any screenshot and i believe the polish were targeting that kind of players on purpose so they won't have any proof

and now you say it was only those 2 incidents .. well we can't prove it but you're lying and we both know it so stop pretending pls

so.. we warned you that if you start doing funny stuff like this or help others screen against us we will come and take les cays and we did .. it's nobody's fault but yours

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, DaRho said:

When You write "polish" player, people automatically think "PFK" as this is the clan that holds 99,9% of Poles in Commonwealth so any accusation like this is automatically understood as accusation against PFK clan. 

I'd recommend that you get off your "high horse" and stop seeing yourself as the polish nation,  there are other clans and solo-players out there as well...

53 minutes ago, DaRho said:

If there was no verbal attack on You yesterday by PFK players, then I would like You to take back this accusation. Otherwise, please paste the screenshots or paste the link to the post You have created for that offense.

If it was not PFK players that offended You, please share the clan name here, so that I could speak to the respective leader about it.

I am not going to take back any accusations,.

As previously stated these players were NOT PFK, I'd also reccommend that you do not speak on behalf of the entire polish nation - you do not have the authority to do so.... At most you can speak on behalf of your own clan and its affiliates. I do not recall the name of the two players who offended me for attacking them yesterday.. I'm simply notifyiing YOU as PART of the polish nation that polish players cannot expect british players working independently from the nation council to honour agreements made by the council.

Regarding PFK behavior, we both know that your clan has been verbally abusive to me in the past and that I have taken no action but addressing the persons involved individually which has mostly resulted in a sincere apology - why should I take action now? We both know it 's happening in-game, I doubt neither of us are shocked by it.. I'm not looking to ruin a few "sad individuals" day for the sake of some personal sadistic satisfaction. The screenshots you demand do not exist, and I am not able to magically conjure them up for the sake of your own vanity.

Did I unnecessarily escalate the situation by using the word "several" instead of "couple" in my original post...? perhaps...? but my point still stands.

For the future: I openly admit to attacking ships (including traders) from EVERY nation and will continue to do so until I join a clan that forbids it.

I always treat my opponents with the utmost respect. and expect the same in return.

Kind Regards,

Percival Merewether

9 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

I'd recommend that you get off your "high horse" and stop seeing yourself as the polish nation,  there are other clans and solo-players out there as well...

I'm working on PFK's image and the moment and whenever there is an accusation that can potentially be understood as directing at us, I will ask to clarify the details to defend our name since, as You mentioned, I can only speak for PFK and not other clans in Commonwealth.

And we will not accept any false accusations anymore.

Also, we can't take responsibility for non-claners nor for rouge clans, just the same as GB can't so using attacks from non-claners and rouge clans as a reasoning for attacking the whole nation's capital is simply a bull-sh.t but we've got over that and there is no point in re discussing that. We lost the capital not because we were attacked, but because we couldn't defend it.

16 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

I do not recall the name of the two players who offended me for attacking them yesterday..

17 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

The screenshots you demand do not exist, and I am not able to magically conjure them up for the sake of your own vanity.

That is very convenient excuse in that case. Since You have taken a liberty to recommend something to me, I will also recommend something to You: I recommend You to stop accusing anyone of anything unless You have a proof to support Your accusations.

As already mentioned, we are not without a guilt, but I'm done with all the lies that abuse it and put PFK in even worse light later serving as a reasoning for aggression against us. If You want to accuse us of something - prove it! Otherwise, remain silent.

21 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

Regarding PFK behavior, we both know that your clan has been verbally abusive to me in the past

I have already referred to that in my previous post as well as above and I see no reason to repeat myself in that regards.

56 minutes ago, DaRho said:

I'm working on PFK's image and the moment and whenever there is an accusation that can potentially be understood as directing at us, I will ask to clarify the details to defend our name since, as You mentioned, I can only speak for PFK and not other clans in Commonwealth.

I always treat players as individuals no matter what clan-tag they fight under. I have a lot of respect for many of your members and will continue to have in the future. When managing a large clan it is unavoidable to get a few bad members - this is the very reason I have gone solo now. 

The way I see it there is no need for any clarification for you other than the fact that these players were not PFK.

56 minutes ago, DaRho said:

That is very convenient excuse in that case. Since You have taken a liberty to recommend something to me, I will also recommend something to You: I recommend You to stop accusing anyone of anything unless You have a proof to support Your accusations.

It is very convenient, yet very believable that I as a Dane am unable to remember, and even harder, spell, a polish name.  Due to the frequent verbal abuse in Naval Action I did not pay much attention to it. This happens every single day in roughly 1/3 of my fights. I'm sure that most PvPers can attest to this. I do not think anyone who is not directly involved in the GB/PL fight will find it hard to believe that this has happened. You have obviously taken the fact that I do not have screenshot evidence  as an opportunity to get a rather shaky hold over me.

In my opinion it would benefit you more to admit what we both know: that the situation I have described is believeable and not at all unlikely - but since no evidence has been provided avoid treating it as a tribunal case. You have blown this out of proportions and you know it...

Tell me this: Would you like me to actively track down evidence of polish verbal abuse in the future? I fear that may counter-act the hard work you're doing for PFK and for the polish nation.

EDIT: You seem to have taken this very personal

As already mentioned, we are not without a guilt, but I'm done with all the lies that abuse it and put PFK in even worse light later serving as a reasoning for aggression against us. If You want to accuse us of something - prove it! Otherwise, remain silent.

I would like to remind you that I have not spoken ill of the conduct of any PFK members yesterday .

If you'd be so kind to provide me with a screenshot proving that I have accused PFK of verbal abuse during yesterdays incident, that would be great - thank you. 

Edited by Percival Merewether
  • Like 1

Maybe the Polish players should get over being Polish ;) (...) you're polish playing prussian.

He's probably considered a traitor and Destroyer of Nation :P Such view is silly, but seems to be there in eyes of at least some players.

For me the main advantage of playing Commonwealth was lack of safe zone. This made people cooperate to survive, and for some time worked well to motivate everyone to build a cohesive fleet. Not having a capital is however a kind of pain in the bum. It doesn't serve many things, and makes you extremely vulnerable, as enemy can target your main eco city forcing you to move all your stuff all the time. This makes your players really vulnerable to quitting due to irritation.

In Prussia we dealt with it making La Tortue our capital and making all other people more or less accept it... Not every nation has means to do this though.

43 minutes ago, DaRho said:

And we will not accept any false accusations anymore.

I would advice you to not to set a law forcing everyone to pay X PvP marks for falsely accusing PFK. It's not the best strategy to build up your PR... just in case you were considering it :P

• Like 1

@DaRho I now see reports of PFK members switching to clans not in the agreement to attack British trader? How do you explain this?

If you are indeed trying to work on your clan's image then I suggest you do your best to expedite matters dramatically sir!

Regarding the agreement itself. I was approached by the British negotiating  team and asked if I would agree to leave Polish trade ships alone for 7 days. I agreed to this as I don't think it is right to deny the guys the opportunity to move their resources, HOWEVER due to some miscommunication this arrangement was changed AFTER I went offline and to bed. I was not notified of this change, but I feel that was a genuine mistake and I hold no malice towards anyone involved in the negotiations on either side.

I will honour the adjusted agreement as far as the clan HOST is concerned if they so wish it. HOWEVER I feel the actions and general character of the PFK member I have personally dealt with over the previous four weeks or so make them undeserving of such considerations and clan MOO will give no quarter to anyone sailing under the PFK tag.

Good day and smooth seas o/

Edited by NethrosDefectus
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

Tell me this: Would you like me to actively track down evidence of polish verbal abuse in the future? I fear that may counter-act the hard work you're doing for PFK and for the polish nation.

If by "actively" means to "provoke and then take screenshots of the 'abusive' reply", then I'd say not.

But fell free to track the evidence of UNPROVOKED verbal abuses, with enough history stored to confirm that it was, in fact, an unporvoked abuse.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DaRho said:

If by "actively" means to "provoke and then take screenshots of the 'abusive' reply", then I'd say not.

But fell free to track the evidence of UNPROVOKED verbal abuses, with enough history stored to confirm that it was, in fact, an unporvoked abuse.

No problem, I shall do my very best to keep an eye on your guys for you and report back - Anything to help improve the public image of PFK and the Polish nation.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DaRho said:

I would of course gladly help you clean up the reputation of your clan by collecting and providing both screenshots and video evidence for your assessment from this point forwards sir

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DaRho said:

I can assist you as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Percival Merewether said:

EDIT: You seem to have taken this very personal

I would like to remind you that I have not spoken ill of the conduct of any PFK members yesterday .

If you'd be so kind to provide me with a screenshot proving that I have accused PFK of verbal abuse during yesterdays incident, that would be great - thank you. 

How many interactions with Commonwealth players in OW did You have yesterday?

I was certainly part of one of them and it included You and @NethrosDefectus attacking and sinking one PFK players and then us attacking You back. This is also, when the discussion about You not following the agreements unveiled. You stated Your opinion, which I accepted and assumed to have open PvP with You and Your friend.

image.thumb.png.4269c594260d875b448089480db51827.png

Unless You've had any other interaction with polish players yesterday, I would assume that Your statement bellow related to the situation described above.

7 hours ago, Percival Merewether said:

Yesterday I was verbally attacked by several polish players for attacking their ships in OW PvP claiming that I was not honoring the agreement between our nations.

If You've had any other open PvP interactions with Commonwealth yesterday that I'm not aware of, I'd like to hear clan name and / or player names that participated in those, however You already mentioned that you "can't remember" and did not take any screenshots, so I believe we won't be able to settle that... 

On 12/02/2018 at 10:57 AM, DaRho said:

Guys. The reasoning behind taking Les Cayes was of course, faulty, and (at least some) of Brits were looking for any reason to take it for a long time.

You claim that the reasons behind taking Les Cayes was faulty (I imagine there's a translation issue here) is incorrect and we were completely justified in the taking of the port.

For too long you guys have hidden behind the defence of being small and weak yet as of late your players are regularly appearing in combat news and often finishing the day on the PvP leader board. I'd say this alone makes you ready to defend yourselves and even expand your own territories.

2 minutes ago, DaRho said:

How many interactions with Commonwealth players in OW did You have yesterday?

I was certainly part of one of them and it included You and @NethrosDefectus attacking and sinking one PFK players and then us attacking You back. This is also, when the discussion about You not following the agreements unveiled. You stated Your opinion, which I accepted and assumed to have open PvP with You and Your friend.

Excuse me but Mr. Merewether is not a member of my clan and therefor does not speak on mine or my clan's behalf. Please adjust your assumptions accordingly sir!

7 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

For too long you guys have hidden behind the defence of being small and weak yet as of late your players are regularly appearing in combat news and often finishing the day on the PvP leader board. I'd say this alone makes you ready to defend yourselves and even expand your own territories.

And yet, You suggest us to be a PvE nation...

17 hours ago, NethrosDefectus said:

I might also suggest you guys would be happier on the PvE server as you seem so fond of arrangements that avoid ALL open world PvP.

@NethrosDefectus I'm sorry, but I see no point in discussing anything with You. We seem to be unable to find any common understanding.

9 minutes ago, DaRho said:

And yet, You suggest us to be a PvE nation...

@NethrosDefectus I'm sorry, but I see no point in discussing anything with You. We seem to be unable to find any common understanding.

Then explain your request that an ENTIRE nation lets you freely sail around and attack others while we do nothing. ESPECIALLY when you have a proven track record of bending the terms to allow you to cheat the agreement? As you are doing now by having your members join a clan that is not in the agreement to attack British traders. The profits of which I am certain will end up in the hands of PFK and its members.

I suggest sir, that not only do you want your cake but you want to eat it also!

1 minute ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Then explain your request that an ENTIRE nation lets you freely sail around and attack others while we do nothing. ESPECIALLY when you have a proven track record of bending the terms to allow you to cheat the agreement?

I suggest sir, that not only do you want your cake but in fact you want to eat it also!

I think the question of who is 'cheating' any given agreement is fairly contestable by Poland as well. I'd go as far as to say that it is obvious that any inequity in our agreements has thus far favoured GB and not Poland.

I also don't believe this thread needs to devolve into personal attacks, when it just shows that you have nothing of value to add, and are just trying to score points and not actually resolve anything. This is a caution to both sides, I don't want my nation looking bad because of overzealous forum warriors.

• Like 1