Game-Labs Forum

Eliminate Nations

US players did not push for a server split.  Most of us then wanted pretty much the same as we want now.  One global server.

EU players did push for the end of night flips, not necessarily for a server split. You can't trust human nature to respect rules/agreement, you have to set them by technical measures, that's what Devs have done with splitting servers and it's working. Plus, as I stated before, how will you solve PING issues with only one server ????? If there was an EU Server, that's probably because it was necessary, and look at the numbers between US and EU players....convinced ?

The game is in alpha, who gives a shit about the ports.

The "Alpha" excuse has been used for too long, this game is sold on steam for 20 months. Even if it's an early access, it's not a closed beta testing, people invest massive IRL time in it and want to have fun (it's a GAME !!!). So you probably don't give a shit of being wipe, loose ports and so on, but other peoples do care about that. We are not paid by Devs to test a game, we are not their employees, WE PAID for a game and want to enjoy it.

It's not an AAA game, it's not a "Call of Duty" or a "Ghost Recon whatever", people interested in naval history are already playing the game and the famous legendary "release date" won't change a lot of things, you won't have 100000 players back, maybe 2 or 3000 if we are lucky. Will they stay ? Who knows......But what I know is that the perspective of others wipes is devastating in the long term for people that are not teenagers, unemployed, singles. The majority is not represented by the most actives forum members here....

12 hours ago, Forbin said:

EU players did push for the end of night flips, not necessarily for a server split. You can't trust human nature to respect rules/agreement, you have to set them by technical measures, that's what Devs have done with splitting servers and it's working. Plus, as I stated before, how will you solve PING issues with only one server ????? If there was an EU Server, that's probably because it was necessary, and look at the numbers between US and EU players....convinced ?

Just to settle this seccess issue for everyone 

if both servers had a 1000 players it would look like this 

EU starts with a 1000 would have lost 580 players 

globals starts with 1000 would have lost 570 players 

at no point is this a success it’s a disgrace, so please stop saying EU is working it’s not yes it has numbers but they are still declining and not increasing so no it is not working it’s not even stable.

the split was a bad move it should of been instead a mechanic that helped prevent the night flips 

also 700 - 900 players on avg a day there’s no need for 3 servers that number barely fills one server 

but we need mechanics that help 1 server work 

as I said I’m thinking on @Intrepido‘s suggestion it may be the way to go but I’m still unsure about it but it’s a good start as well as @Grundgemunkey has given a reasonable suggestion also