Game-Labs Forum

Patch 11.00 Floating Towns and Mission crashes

Norfolk nChance

@Ink

Couple of things to report.

This involves Hostility Missions around a PORT. 4th Rate PORT with two players in SoLs.

Look at the Image in the background is a reprint of the town but several 100 feet vertical. The town is still in place fyi.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1134291404

My colleague suffered several crashes during battles. In all honesty, not sure the reason either way we [F11] both. He was UK based.

I know its early days and more tweaks will come but feels not as stable as TestBed regarding Point and clicking in UI etc…

My Ping was 230, on Testbed 180 on new Patch 11.00 ping 223.

Haven’t tested my ALT as yet with Sandboxie etc…

Norfolk.

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:10 PM, admin said:

were crashes happening today after the patch?

@admin

quick follow up here, I believe it was the players pc at fault.

Did loads of missions and hostility missions with both MPC and ALT. I'm Asian based Hong Kong and play on the [PvP Global] Server. Pre- 11.00 Patch Ping rate 260 POST 230. While testing on TESTBED 180. First couple of days quite "glitchie" as mentioned already. Now more stable and better UI mouse point n click responses. 

Today took part in the biggest HOSTILITY MISSION so far with both MPC and ALT (Sandboxed). I'm roughly guessing 12 at the start going to 16 players after v 10 I think AI. The initial start felt clumsy with both sides closer. However because we out numbered the AI it seemed to drop us in a CRESENT shape form round the AI facing line. In fact I was dropped at the far right with the ship in IRONs. Not sure this was the intention here?

First minute images and input responses very glitchie but then settle down and was stable from then on.

NnC

@Ink

and @admin

You’ve said the floating town is a fix in process @Intrepido and others still seeing it as of today PRE-server shut down. First image was from a PB last night [ELITE] did with float in town.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/877496267598354650/09C6F2D6E0DE8AB03283CCDD2329B9370F842262/\

The battle was all well and stable. A couple of pointers to look at. The Unity 5 graphics seem to put a sharper or tighter edge to TEXT and overlay graphic pointers. If too narrow they become invisible. You’ll see what I mean in the next image of the same PB at Bensalem.

The three Circles are practically impossible to see. Too fine if that makes sense?

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/877496267598363981/1525BCDA8039EDD832E600E83ADBDDF0E9D5052E/

The final note from last night PB is AI tweaking. The comment I made earlier about my placement in IRONs on a HOST MISSION drop. Well this one while facing the 6x inbound Connie’s highlight another placement problem. The first 5x all come out well a good visually pleasing line…

The last one however if you look at the image was placed grounded on the small front island just behind the FORT.

Overall @admin I like the current 11.00 patch. Am seeing not over whelming amount returning to play. But I am seeing a significant enough of a number of older players returning to try it out again.

Norfolk.

Edited by Norfolk nChance

Captains, the fix has not yet been deployed, it will be provided asap, most likely on next week.

20 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

The battle was all well and stable. A couple of pointers to look at. The Unity 5 graphics seem to put a sharper or tighter edge to TEXT and overlay graphic pointers. If too narrow they become invisible. You’ll see what I mean in the next image of the same PB at Bensalem.

The three Circles are practically impossible to see. Too fine if that makes sense?

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/877496267598363981/1525BCDA8039EDD832E600E83ADBDDF0E9D5052E/

The final note from last night PB is AI tweaking. The comment I made earlier about my placement in IRONs on a HOST MISSION drop. Well this one while facing the 6x inbound Connie’s highlight another placement problem. The first 5x all come out well a good visually pleasing line…

The last one however if you look at the image was placed grounded on the small front island just behind the FORT. 

Will be checked

• Like 1