Game-Labs Forum

A cry for help: Needed urgently return of nations alliance

SUN

49 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

National allies was a mistake and I hope it does not come back.

Although, allowing clans to choose their allies within the nation and clans from other nations I would like very much and hope that gets added in the next patch.

Which brings us nicely around to the multi-sided RoE issue. ^_^

I disagree with small team alliances.  Small teams should Duke it out with other small teams.  The ability to coordinate and go after a big squad is doubtful.

I often wonder if there should be "order if the king" that force an alliance.  It would be mod generated and could be used to end a toxic situation between two nations and/or get them to stop doing the same thing and go fo something else.  Of course it is temporary and most useful in this alpha period.

Even random peace could be interesting.

24 minutes ago, IndianaGeoff said:

I disagree with small team alliances.  Small teams should Duke it out with other small teams.  The ability to coordinate and go after a big squad is doubtful.

I often wonder if there should be "order if the king" that force an alliance.  It would be mod generated and could be used to end a toxic situation between two nations and/or get them to stop doing the same thing and go fo something else.  Of course it is temporary and most useful in this alpha period.

Even random peace could be interesting.

What small nations should or shouldn't do is highly subjective. Providing the option doesn't mean that they have to do so, they can still duke it out with another small nation if they so desire, and the coordination (or lack thereof) is a good gauge for how successful the alliance is, and a good limiter in the scenario of an alliance being larger than the nation it's attacking.

A small nation fighting another small nation is, in the eyes of large nations, mostly just amusing and fairly pointless - if not self-detrimental. It's healthier for everyone to be considered as a potentially valuable friend or foe rather than just significant or insignificant.

As for forced decisions, you'd have an absolute ****storm of drama over how such decisions are made, be it by the devs or randomized, let alone how many strange situations would arise from decisions that are out of players' control, such as declared wars that end up never actually being fought, or declared allies who hate eachother and wont lift a finger.

17 hours ago, Teutonic said:

National allies was a mistake and I hope it does not come back.

Although, allowing clans to choose their allies within the nation and clans from other nations I would like very much and hope that gets added in the next patch.

Just no, this should be a representation of politics of the 18th century, those were strictly national based.

Can you also imagine the mess you get together with the implementation of the new clan-based RvR?

IMHO asking for an alliances just to fix early access population problems is the wrong way - rather put a different count into portbattles (12 instead of 25) temporary for low population EA.

My 5 Öre...

Edited by sveno

3 hours ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

Just allow clans to be be part of clan war of other nation and problem will be solved...

1 hour ago, Teutonic said:

agreed.

I believe so as well, but it runs into another fundamental issue I completely outlined in: 

Best to dig in, so we are all on the same page as opposed to me pasting counter-arguments everywhere. ^_^

26 minutes ago, sveno said:

Just no, this should be a representation of politics of the 18th century, those were strictly national based.

Can you also imagine the mess you get together with the implementation of the new clan-based RvR?

IMHO asking for an alliances just to fix early access population problems is the wrong way - rather put a different count into portbattles (12 instead of 25) temporary for low population EA.

My 5 Öre...

On Sunday, August 27, 2017 at 1:05 PM, Skully said:

Historically there were never this many ships in the Caribbean. How Global looks right now is historically the best representation. Gameplay first, history second.

I can only say sorry to the historians and the re-enacters. The doors should have never been opened to gamers.

Will there be Chaos? Maybe, but probably not as the Clans themselves represent order. And is it not that conflict equals Chaos?

Will it be hard on rookies without the game providing proper information? Definitely. 

17 hours ago, Skully said:

Darn, still no t-shirt. :(

yeah.... where is your  T- shirt ! 

https://www.spreadshirt.nl/zelf-ontwerpen?product=165203031&view=1#?affiliateId=1246955&orgn=CYO&netw=LI

Help..i am looking for my (dutch) ship .... can't find it eighter :( 

Edited by Thonys