Game-Labs Forum

Insane Server Queue Times Since Steam Release

FONS

Since the Steam release almost every time i want to join the EU server i have a queue time of 15-20 minutes, not counting the 1 hour queue i had this morning after the maintenance.

Knowing the sale rate of the standalone alpha i would say it would have been easy to predict this with enough time. The fact that Steam sales are closed 2 days before the release describes pretty well the situation.

I hope there is a solution for this in the short term, because this is not normal at all. Even being an alpha, having to close the Steam sales 2 days after the release means there's a big issue in the administration sector of the studio.

Any news from the devs about a fix for this?

• Like 1

Full servers are a good thing, that means the Devs have created a good game, and have good server infrastructure, and arnt overloading them. Today in the patch notes for today update they did state that they increased the server load by 100 people. Maybe tomorrow they will upgrade there equipment and bump it up again. But i think they are doing the right thing and going slow and steady.

• Like 1

Since the Steam release almost every time i want to join the EU server i have a queue time of 15-20 minutes, not counting the 1 hour queue i had this morning after the maintenance.

Knowing the sale rate of the standalone alpha i would say it would have been easy to predict this with enough time. The fact that Steam sales are closed 2 days before the release describes pretty well the situation.

I hope there is a solution for this in the short term, because this is not normal at all. Even being an alpha, having to close the Steam sales 2 days after the release means there's a big issue in the administration sector of the studio.

Any news from the devs about a fix for this?

this will be improved Captain. Current batch per second was set too small and we will fix it on monday.

• Like 4

this will be improved Captain. Current batch per second was set too small and we will fix it on monday.

Good to hear that. It should be top priority, because not just the 1 hour queue times, but the overload is bringing a lot of bugs and other problems that i've never seen until the Steam release. I've been with a guy that lost today two Cerberus because of bugs on missions that were kicking him from battle and his ships dissapearing with the EU server full. Bugs are already reported.

Full servers are a good thing, that means the Devs have created a good game, and have good server infrastructure, and arnt overloading them. Today in the patch notes for today update they did state that they increased the server load by 100 people. Maybe tomorrow they will upgrade there equipment and bump it up again. But i think they are doing the right thing and going slow and steady.

Servers are overloaded, that's a fact. I've never seen the bugs i am seeing since the Steam release.

Been with a guy that lost two Cerberus today. He was being randomly kicked on mission start, and his ships dissapearing when, guess what, the server was full.

This is a good project, it's an alpha, and as you can see one admin already told me they are working on this, but we have to agree there's a big problem when there's only one EU server that's full 24/7 and you have to wait an hour to enter. That just means they sold much more copies than what his infraestructure can manage.

I just checked the game is still for sale on steam. Where does it say sales are closed?  Also 15-20min is not that long of a wait

One coleage bought it yesterday, and he couldn't download it. Yesterday i wasn't finally 30 minutes, i was 1 hour in the queue, as in the morning, and now, that i've been already 1 hour and i have another 15 minutes left to enter that tend to be much more. It's a long wait since it's the 50% of the time i have to play some days.

How long was the queue before the steam release? Will it be hard to link up with friends on already established servers to play together or will the queue interfere?

There had been no queues.

Recently, a new PVP3 EU server was realized. All data from PVP1 counted at 12am 26th Jan had been copied to the new server to let players, who don't like the queues on PvP1, just relog to the new EU server and have all the assets they had on the 26th Jan. However, it had been mirrored once and only. So, you and your friends can join PVP3 EU to avoid any queues and play with the all assests you had in PVP1. You can still keep to playing on PVP1 since it has been lightened, but there is no guarantee there won't be queues in the future again