Game-Labs Forum

Important information about the new EU server.

Hello Captains

We are deploying the new server today that will be based in Europe. 

To simplify things for the players on the PvP One we will copy all the data from PvP One to a new server once. Rank, Gold, Ships and assets counted at 12am 26th Jan will be copied.

What this means:

If you don't like the queues on PvP one you can just relog to the new EU server and have all the assets you had on the 26th Jan. 

What it does not mean

It will only be mirrored once. So if you continue playing on another server only rank will be synchronized as usual. If you acquire a lot of new assets after 26th they will only be present on that server. 

Temporary name for the server:

PvP 3 EU Mirror

Names for servers will be changed next week. 

Sorry for all the confusion it might cause.

• Like 11

Just to clarify, its a faster server in general for both the US and EU players?

The Current 'old' PvP server is based where, the states, hence EU players waiting?

Sorry for so many questions I need to make the call to switch for all the SLRN Fleet, both US & EU based players.

Trust me it's not just EU players waiting in a hour long line for entry to pvp one. A thought though My Lord Caldwell, if everyone jumps to pvp 3 won't that just create a back up on both? Another question for you, if you move to pvp 3 will that be the entire SLRN? Or will you continue to expand and have fleets I.e. First fleet pvp1 second fleet Pvp2 etc.

The Current 'old' PvP server is based where, the states, hence EU players waiting?

Sorry for so many questions I need to make the call to switch for all the SLRN Fleet, both US & EU based players.

current PVP one is EU based, according to admin the new server will be EU based, thus as a result i would imagine the performance for both being about the same(assuming same player count)

• Like 1

current PVP one is EU based, according to admin the new server will be EU based, thus as a result i would imagine the performance for both being about the same(assuming same player count)

Thats how I interpreted it as well

I think a bigger warning is needed in game, not all people read the forums.

this is coming in the near future

Yes it is a new EU server farm. Performance will be the same as on the PvP One.

• Like 1

I am not happy whit this.

Because I like it open (like at Eve) when u can have contact to Players from Australia or Brazil or wherever around the world. It was like a family. But now we have to decide where we are goin to. Many contacts will be broken - the community will not be the same as it was.

More slots on the server..., please. :(

• Like 2

I am not happy whit this.

Because I like it open (like at Eve) when u can have contact to Players from Australia or Brazil or wherever around the world. It was like a family. But now we have to decide where we are goin to. Many contacts will be broken - the community will not be the same as it was.

More slots on the server..., please. :(

Problem is the hardware can only handle so many people, you cant excactly infinitely add more player spots. I dont know how eve handles it, but i know a lot of other games such as elite use instancing with max 64 players in an instance. 

• Like 1

Problem is the hardware can only handle so many people, you cant excactly infinitely add more player spots. I dont know how eve handles it, but i know a lot of other games such as elite use instancing with max 64 players in an instance. 

Eve handles it with a really large datacenter and some pretty crazy software/hardware systems. Something I doubt that the budget of this game can afford at this time.

Edited by Cmdr Thrudd
  • Like 2

Eve handles it by actually using lots of different servers. But they make it look just like one server, which isn't true. They use a single database though. 

When you jump through to another system, that loading screen is you connecting to another server. 

• Like 1

Those of you with established clans will need to think about your teamspeak server. (if you are sharing a resource) No good sharing one teamspeak channel for people geographically  playing on two separate servers.

Edited by eebo
  • Like 1

Hello Captains

To simplify things for the players on the PvP One we will copy all the data from PvP One to a new server once. Rank, Gold, Ships and assets counted at 12am 26th Jan will be copied.

What this means:

If you don't like the queues on PvP one you can just relog to the new EU server and have all the assets you had on the 26th Jan. 

What it does not mean

It will only be mirrored once. So if you continue playing on another server only rank will be synchronized as usual. If you acquire a lot of new assets after 26th they will only be present on that server. 

PvP 3 EU Mirror

I thought the servers can hold up 3000 players. Why not opening another 400 slots on PVP1, to figure out, if its enough?

Well You have the numbers of sold copies and I dont, so maybe it is a wise decission..... personally I dont like it, for several reasons. ;)

Hello Captains

What this means:

What it does not mean

PvP 3 EU Mirror

А теперь продублируйте с переводом на русский раздел плиззз, а то мы тут не все грамотные англичане и переводчик переводи не то =)))

Edited by Lognomobr

Thankyou devs. Once again you give us players a gesture of good will by presenting a fix to a problem quickly. I truly apreciate this. Wich server I am going to be playing will depend greatly from the player amounts on servers.

This might not fix the proplem of waiting in line entirely but it will certainly help. Thankyou once again.

• Like 1

I thought the servers can hold up 3000 players. Why not opening another 400 slots on PVP1, to figure out, if its enough?

Well You have the numbers of sold copies and I dont, so maybe it is a wise decission..... personally I dont like it, for several reasons. ;)

You do have a the numbers (http://steamspy.com/app/311310).

The problem of having to choose the server is that the community gonna start to get divided and after servers are going to die as people start to leave, its a solution for now, but they need to implement synchronization between servers on the clusters (NOT REGIONS).

• Like 3

This will scatter the population and ruin the game once the initial launch hype has calmed down. Did you think ahead once you made this decision or was it based on the people crying about just a 15 minute queue to stop getting bad reviews on steam today?

I'll change my review to bad if this results in a too scattered population and I hope the rest will follow.

• Like 3

Exactly. And I have big concerns regarding this.

If you dont mind me asking, why? i am assuming the players with clans and friends will stick in pvp one, but if you have no ties you can now easily move to PVP EU mirror and continue where you left off, leaving everyone a bit happier.

also Gatsu, i have spent as long as 1 hour in que, honestly i think the population is large enough for the extra servers.

edit2: also a lot of people seem to still be missing the problem, if you have everything synchronised, what is to stop one dominating clan to go to a server where they arent dominating, and then start steam rolling there? or what about the people on one server usually defending, what if they dont hear about the attack on another server that might leave them to loose a port which they had no chance of defending.

• Like 1

If you dont mind me asking, why? i am assuming the players with clans and friends will stick in pvp one, but if you have no ties you can now easily move to PVP EU mirror and continue where you left off, leaving everyone a bit happier.

also Gatsu, i have spent as long as 1 hour in que, honestly i think the population is large enough for the extra servers.

edit2: also a lot of people seem to still be missing the problem, if you have everything synchronised, what is to stop one dominating clan to go to a server where they arent dominating, and then start steam rolling there? or what about the people on one server usually defending, what if they dont hear about the attack on another server that might leave them to loose a port which they had no chance of defending.

All data needs to be synchronized, you just wouldn't see the people in the other server while in OW (like ED), battles are in a separated server (if not, the game is already a goner lol).

for example, if u attack someone in OW a "battle" is created and the position is sent to the other server so people in the other server would be able to see and enter.

All data needs to be synchronized, you just wouldn't see the people in the other server while in OW (like ED), battles are in a separated server (if not, the game is already a goner lol).

for example, if u attack someone in OW a "battle" is created and the position is sent to the other server so people in the other server would be able to see and enter.

Could be exploited easily.

For example, on one server a passage/port is blocked by enemy vessels... Okay, fine, then I just switch to the other server and sail through them without them being able to do anything about it.

• Like 1