Game-Labs Forum

Will you be playing on PvP One or Two?

PvP Server Choice  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to be spending the bulk of your PvP time on PvP One or PvP Two?

We now have two PvP servers and there's some confusion and head scratching. Some of us really want to know how much of the community is going to gravitate toward one or the other. We all generally want to play on a PvP server that's populated and active. Most of us also don't want to do a lot of swapping back and forth, even if XP transfers over, other things do not.

I think one thing we really want to know from our fellow players is where you'll be playing. PvP One or Two?

Note that I'm not including the PvE server at all. That is because the focus of this question is on that PvP experience, working alongside and against fellow players.

Why argue to move there? US ping to the Euro servers is fine in all the continental states. Nearly everyone should go to PVP1 unless it is full.

Agree with Prater. Their really about to botch this EA launch. The second PVP sever needs to be switched to EU and named Overflow.

The way it is now all testers are on EU and will mostly stay there. When EA hits the NA players who will mostly go pirate and US will join NA and the EU people will go EU and join anything but US Nation.

Thus the US Nation will be so undermanned on EU server the Brits will easily dominate with just a few pirates to really stand in their way and on the NA server the US Nation will dominate all except maybe the Pirate Nation.

This is really really bad move. The sad thing is its so obvious what's going to happen.

It would be different if all Nations had unique non country names.

The thing is many new people are going to decide to play server perhaps by ping, many North American players who have played for a long time say the ping they get from EU server has no negative effect on their gameplay, but new players wont know or expect that to be the case. 

Thinking about it, you guys are correct, no reason for US to not go to PVP one.

Exactly, but because new players wont know that the EU ping is not going to effect their gameplay at all, they might just choose the US server just because it's lower ping. I think the whole thing would have been better if they were just called PvP 1 and PvP 2 and had no ping displayed.

EDIT: I see a guy named Wang on steam forum ( I remember seeing him in game too ), he states he plays on the EU server from Australia with a 320 ping and it doesn't effect him negatively at all. This is not a twitch fast paced game, this is just even more reason to hide the pings and change the server names to non-regional names.

Edited by LeeUK

This is a potentially critical issue that I hope the devs fix ASAP. Ping is not important in this game, but many coming in on early access are going to think it is. This is going to drastically split the playerbase by region and affect gameplay in a terrible way.

Should have one PvP server and one "overflow"

Edited by 'Sharpe
  • Like 3

As a new player that wants to really get into the game - this server regional issue is very bothersome (so...i lvl and get gold on PVP1, but as soon as it fills, i have to play on PvP2 anyway and i loss my stuff....lame) - perhaps they should move ships and gold along with XP from server to server if they have it as an Overflow system. If not then perhaps they should use better server labeling to encourage population of new servers. I wanted to play Spain last night so i jump on PVP1 and find out i cant talk to anyone(all comm in spanish)....so PvP 1 is somewhat limited for new US players - you pretty much have to go America or GB....and PVP2 is empty. Server setup needs improvement. Time will tell.

As a new player that wants to really get into the game - this server regional issue is very bothersome (so...i lvl and get gold on PVP1, but as soon as it fills, i have to play on PvP2 anyway and i loss my stuff....lame) - perhaps they should move ships and gold along with XP from server to server if they have it as an Overflow system. If not then perhaps they should use better server labeling to encourage population of new servers. I wanted to play Spain last night so i jump on PVP1 and find out i cant talk to anyone(all comm in spanish)....so PvP 1 is somewhat limited for new US players - you pretty much have to go America or GB....and PVP2 is empty. Server setup needs improvement. Time will tell.

1. PVP1 is best, luckily ping doesnt really matter in this game

2. UK, danish, swedish or french are the best nations for pvp due to their location, i know of several english speaking danish people, UK obviously goes a lot in english, dutch nation also mostly speak english, french probably speak french, the swedes i have no clue about, so you arent forced to go america or GB

Ping can mean lot in this game ...from that few shots that are missed that could of turn the battle. i have also noticed with ping over 150ms that in OW my ship freezes for a brief  second while cruising. which does bother me aesthetically.

that's why i have to fall under pvp2.

Edited by Capt. Rice