Game-Labs Forum

Tournament Match Room

Hey All

I want to bring back another fun aspect of the arena matches - organised gameplay.

In early ST (and very late ST when we convinced admin to bring it back) we had the ability to manually organise an arena match to truly balance the sides and make sure that all players were on the correct team. This allowed some epic battles to occur.

TDA and TAA organised some very interesting matches where we agreed beforehand how many of each class of ship each team would bring to create some very dynamic and challenging scenarios.

These organised matches evolved into the hodgepodge 'Traf' battles when OW appeared. But it became an exercise in futility to balance teams properly and more significantly - it was free for all.

I'm all for the free for all trafalgars - please keep them in the large room by all means.

What i would like - and am interested in expressions of interest - is organised team matches. we could utilise the clan mechanic by having a match room where clan officers can move people around possibly (if admins on board), but that may not be necessary.

if enough groups are interested we could even have proper leaderboard tourneys.

Are any clans or groups interested? We have an opportunity to organise the particulars before NA goes live.

Any suggestions for streamlining the idea are appreciated.

Dazed

• Like 10

This, this post brought me out of exile. Please! I've said all along that many people just don't have the time to grind up in ow and therefore don't bother playing. I miss the old pvp lobby battles. I know somebody is gonna post "it only took me 3 hours to get to midshipman" or something like that. If we had pvp lobby and allowed a certain number of each class of ship or a combined br rating, I think it would please many.

Here is my whishlist for Arenas:

1. One room where you have full control over the joining players. With a host and fully controllable teams. Maybe optional Bot addition. No limits, full control, to test, duel, train, and so on. Ships could be either taken from ow, or just be generic ships. Ofc, this room would be without loss and without gain.

2. Three rooms for different sizes of pvp (maybe 4). a) Small ships - up to snow  b ) Frigates -up to constitution c) Sol's - up to santi (maybe d) No limits, yacht - Santi)

In these rooms i would love to see who is in my fight with what ship. (Name is less important than ship) You should be able to change your ship again untill you ready up. Game only starts when all players clicked "Ready" or after a certain amount of time. The balancing should be done in the lobby, not in the instance, so ppl can see in the lobby how the game will distribute them. If they dont like the balance, they need to switch ships. Ofc, teams should stay together, and teams should be put vs other teams if possible. 

3. Leaderboard rooms: a) Ranked Duels b )Ranked 2vs2 c) Ranked 6vs6 d) Ranked 25vs25 

4. Progress, exp and gold. This is a tricky point. Many games have shown, that it's ok to have pvp-exp and pve-exp to be equal. (e.g. wildstar. The leveling in pvp or in pve gives you the same exp. ) But most games separate the pvp and pve gear. I dont know what would be the best system for Naval Action. I think OW-Ships need to be designed and build totally different from dueling or other arena ships. There are different options for discussion:

a) Completely separate system: 

In the Arenas, you would get ships (and maybe sidegrade modules) by fighting in the arena. But in OW you would still have 0 exp and 0 gold. And the other way around.

b ) Everything together:

Arena exp and arena gold would directly connect with ow gold and exp. You could use your ow ships in arena, you would also loose them there. Basically like how it is now. You put your ship at stake for quick fun.

c) Mixed system:

Many ways of doing it would be included here. E.g. Gain exp from arenas, but no gold. Have exp progression be the same, but itemprogression be different. Or gain ships in the arena by exp but no ow ships in arena. Many different ways would be thinkable here, and i really dont know what would be the best system.

It's a whishlist, up for debate. Santa, what do you think?