Game-Labs Forum

Should Early Access Buyers have the opportunity to get the yacht?

Justme

I know I'm going to catch flak for this.

Should those who purchase EA have the chance to buy the yacht?

I know for myself I would like the chance. I refuse to use PayPal after I had an issue with an unauthorized purchase and it took me over 6 months to get it resolved, that and I don't feel it would of been right for me to take a testing slot without having a capable PC to run the game.( Friday I hope, )

I imagine others may have the same qualms about PayPal.

I understand that it's a gift for early supporters of the game, so don't rip into me for that guys, well not to much lol.

Edited by Justme

Short answer. No.

Long(er) answer. Only if the devs give the early testers another unique ship that cannot be obtained by the non early testers.

It would be nice, but I understand the reasoning if not. It's only by their use of PayPal that's keeping me from being an early supporter.

When i purchased the game as a tester it was stated that testers get the yacht for $10 and everyone else will have to pay $20...  So I'm guessing it will come around again.  To be honest.. the basic cutter has stats as good or better all around, the yacht maybe a bit more stable and a little prettier and that's about it.

When i purchased the game as a tester it was stated that testers get the yacht for $10 and everyone else will have to pay $20...  So I'm guessing it will come around again.  To be honest.. the basic cutter has stats as good or better all around, the yacht maybe a bit more stable and a little prettier and that's about it.

I tend to spend to much on premium items in games I enjoy, WOT is going to really miss me lol. At the end of the day just bugs me I have no alternative to support the game until EA.

The Yacht makes for a nice visual, it's a pretty ship. But as others have said, it's not statistically that different from the Basic Cutter.

Also, you advance out of it pretty quick. It's a ship with 6 guns per side and 40 crew. Very quickly you'll be able to sail ships with 60 crew, 100 crew, etc. You start to scale up. Those bigger ships often bring better returns, in a straight up fight against a similar vessel, you grind more gold and XP out of those larger vessels in small battles. They also tend to carry more cargo.

To be honest, knowing what I know now about all that, the Yacht isn't that big a deal to me. I bought this game around Christmas and I'm already sailing around in NavyBrigs and Cerberus frigates and my Yacht barely leaves the dock.

I don't want to sound unappreciative. I'm happy to have it, it certainly made for a nice starter ship to sail around in. But to the prospective players out there I'd say don't sweat not having the Yacht, you'll be fine with the cutter.

Edited by Jon Allen

Latest statement was that the yacht is a gift for the players/ testers who went along the journey of pre-Early Access.

And for those only!

They will not present this ship in any shops for those who register after EA hits steam.

The yacht will not be sell-able ingame. It would be a licence to print money without any effort whatsoever.

Any mechanic open for abuse will be abused. Testers showed a lot of creativity in the past on how to abuse the game mechanics.

Such an obvious loophole wont be created. For that I am sure.

Also:

the way the yacht works atm is not garanteed to be the way how premium ships will work in the future.

There was a lot of discussion about premium ships and how to handle and implement them.

Yet I never seen an official statement on how they will work in the future.