Game-Labs Forum

The (unofficial) Naval Action Wiki

Hello everyone, i thought a Naval Action Wiki would be nice to have so i decided to create a unofficial wiki over here

The goal of the wiki is to have a unified place to have all the information any player could need, and while the forums are good and all it can sometimes be hard to find the information you are looking for.

How can you contribute?

You can contribute to the wiki through either editing mistakes you see, adding new information which is not currently on the wiki, do note you need an account(that is at least 4 days old), this is to help against possible griefers, i know most of you are a good bunch, some not so much however.

Something which is currently needed in terms of the wiki is pictures of every ship, so if some people here could help by uploading pictures(with as descriptive names as possible) and adding it to the ships page that would be great

Also, if you do make changes or additions, it would be nice if you wrote a summary(it will come as an option when you press save page) so that it is easier for me to keep track of changes being made.

Suggestions?

If you have any suggestions for the wiki, posting them here would be very much appriciated

Edited by OlavDeng2
  • Like 12

Current progress:

Ships - Some ship's description to be added.

Weapons -  95% done

Gameplay - Basics are in, to be elaborated.

Modules - Module value's need to be added

Crafting - WIP

Boarding - WIP

Port Battles - WIP

System Requirements - Done

Guides - Referrals needed for good guides

External Resources - WIP

• Like 2

well even when having an account I cant find the edit button anywhere.

Mercury e.g: its 6lb long or 24lb carronades

Tincos max topdeck is 32lb carros, just like the essex.

When comparing ships I need some key data like: sailplan, crew, BR, guns total and guns per deck, max speed, side structure, etc.

You already have a lot detail in there. But the biggest complaint I have is that I cannot easily see what gunsizes the shipscam mount

a suggestion on what u may want to ad. (not sure if that looks too crumped)

snow: BR 50

square rigged ship, max speed: xx knots (id only give a tendency. at max give ,5 numbers but not like "12:26knots" cause each build type is different)

crew: 130 men

armour class: xx (If we have this information)

broadside structure (oak): xxxx

main gundeck: [4-6]lb long || [12-18]lb carr.

weatherdeck: [4-4]lb long || [12-12]lb carr.

frontchasers: [4-4]lb long || [12-12]lb carr.

sternchasers: [4-4]lb long || [12-12]lb carr.

(I am not sure about her armament, didnt sail her in any od the OW builds. I think she may have lost her chaser long guns.)

well even when having an account I cant find the edit button anywhere.

Mercury e.g: its 6lb long or 24lb carronades

Tincos max topdeck is 32lb carros, just like the essex.

When comparing ships I need some key data like: sailplan, crew, BR, guns total and guns per deck, max speed, side structure, etc.

You already have a lot detail in there. But the biggest complaint I have is that I cannot easily see what gunsizes the shipscam mount

a suggestion on what u may want to ad. (not sure if that looks too crumped)

snow: BR 50

square rigged ship, max speed: xx knots (id only give a tendency. at max give ,5 numbers but not like "12:26knots" cause each build type is different)

crew: 130 men

armour class: xx (If we have this information)

broadside structure (oak): xxxx

main gundeck: [4-6]lb long || [12-18]lb carr.

weatherdeck: [4-4]lb long || [12-12]lb carr.

frontchasers: [4-4]lb long || [12-12]lb carr.

sternchasers: [4-4]lb long || [12-12]lb carr.

(I am not sure about her armament, didnt sail her in any od the OW builds. I think she may have lost her chaser long guns.)

Huh, regarding the edit button not showing up, il take a look at it, and also il see what i can do regarding guns, im leaving speed out and armour out(specifics at least) due to there being so many variations due to modules, wood types etc.

Edit: it looks like the account needs to be at least 4 days as well, oeps... sorry about that. As far as i can see there are no other options apart from having everyone being able to edit, which i dont personally dont want.

edit2: would something like the table on this page be good?

Edited by OlavDeng2

This looks great! I'm all signed up, and looking forward to contributing to the wiki !

Just wondering if the wiki will include historical/real world elements (perhaps not in the article itself, but available with links) , or will it be 100% focused on the game itself?

The initial focus is on the game + it's mechanics.

The main problem we currently have is most of the values are still prone to chance. And adding those values in now would create a lot of double work after EA.

After we have reached that stage, we can consider adding in historical elements.

• Like 1

re: http://navalaction.wikia.com/wiki/Victory

thats absolutely perfect!

small enough with just as much data I would like to see.

only gripe: you may want to add "max" guns. it may seem as a random loudout as it is atm

edit:

"This page has been protected to prevent editing."

so nope I cannot edit anything ;)

But Ive seen you change alot of ships already. great work!

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome stuff, just needs cargo / carry weight added to the ships, then it would be golden.

That is being worked on, slowly but it is being worked on(sorry for late reply btw)

Also, everyone if you got it we are still looking for guides to put in the guides section of the wiki, so if you got them send em to me, post here or add them to the wiki your self!