Game-Labs Forum

Distance between ships

Hi

I don't know if it was left out for purpose to make game more realistic but i think it would be nice to see a distance between ships in sea battle and in open sea too.

Sometimes you simply can't understand if you closing in on enemy and is it worth is chasing or not.

I did search for this on these forums and didn't see it was suggested before. If it was sorry for repeating it.

This was actually present in earlier iterations of the game. However, it was removed due to the fact that having an accurate distance measure is actually not very realistic. 

This way, if two players are in a chase, it helps that one cannot see if the other is gaining; more is left up to the decision of the captain

we used to have distaces displayed.

Its gone now.

If you need to know if your closing in or not do it as a sea officer of that time would do:

"triangulate":

Use your telescope to get a fix point on your enemies mast top.

observe your imaginary point and see if he is getting clower or away..

In a chase situation this works perfectly fine.

If you are on "parrallel" course and want to know if you diverge you can observe your cannon's aim-cone

• Like 1

we used to have distaces displayed.

Its gone now.

If you need to know if your closing in or not do it as a sea officer of that time would do:

"triangulate":

Use your telescope to get a fix point on your enemies mast top.

observe your imaginary point and see if he is getting clower or away..

In a chase situation this works perfectly fine.

If you are on "parrallel" course and want to know if you diverge you can observe your cannon's aim-cone

Did not know this method.. Im all hands up for keeping game realistic and since there is a way to 'Triangulate' distance its even more awesome. I revoke my suggestion :)

Thanks for replies.