Game-Labs Forum

Client_.exe has stopped working

CaptainFrankie

Hello,

I purchased Naval Action on Friday and just downloaded the game today from Steam. I clicked Play, and it installed Microsoft VC 10/10 packages. Then it said 1/10 for another thing, but closed immediately and opened a Unity window with a blank white background. After waiting, an error window opened saying "Client.exe has stopped working" Everything eventually closed and I tried running the game again but the same issue happened. I went on to tried the x86 version and that had the same exact problem, except the error said "Client_.exe has stopped working". I have Windows 7, and the only available update is to Windows 10. Any way for me to get the game working?

ok captain can you tell me the specs of you computer as this is a commen fault with small computers and all so 32 bit 64 bit os is better.i have 3 computers and can only run this game on 1 the specs of the 1 that runs good is 8gig ram 2gig graphics card amd quad core 4.1. so if your computer is ok then please download a free to play game from steam there are plenty of them and try that if it works and is the same specs as naval action then you should be able to play the game. good luck :)

When launching the game try to wait until the game screen comes up itself. It crashes for me if i try to click on the game icon before it fully loads. 

But maybe there are other reason. We will take a look - we get all crash reports automatically. 

ok captain can you tell me the specs of you computer as this is a commen fault with small computers and all so 32 bit 64 bit os is better.i have 3 computers and can only run this game on 1 the specs of the 1 that runs good is 8gig ram 2gig graphics card amd quad core 4.1. so if your computer is ok then please download a free to play game from steam there are plenty of them and try that if it works and is the same specs as naval action then you should be able to play the game. good luck :)

Have a buddy we are trying to install. Did the Microsoft 10/10 install. He has a Nividia 4 gig video card. I7 intel chip.....Has about 20 Steam games.....not sure how many are new though. Will try a free to play game. I think the last one he purchased and installed was Payday 2. No issues we any other game. He keeps getting the client.exe file error. Any other ideas?

Have a buddy we are trying to install. Did the Microsoft 10/10 install. He has a Nividia 4 gig video card. I7 intel chip.....Has about 20 Steam games.....not sure how many are new though. Will try a free to play game. I think the last one he purchased and installed was Payday 2. No issues we any other game. He keeps getting the client.exe file error. Any other ideas?

Did he sent report through "Report Crash" launch option in Steam? (click on game, select "Report Crash" and run)

I am afraid raskolnikoff is right your computer by the sound of it is top end and should play navel action with ease. But if you have just downloaded windows 10 then you must also do multiple downloads from microsoft to get all the updates. Also if you have been running your previous games on dx9 or 10 then you will have to download dx11 and upgrade your drivers for your navidia graphics card from navidia. But if you send in the report in steam as the dev says it will show up in the report. Good luck and see you on the game.

• 1 month later...

I have just had same problem. i submitted a crash report. Please help.

Captain, please, tell the steam name to find the report since there are many reports about client.exe and it is hard to say which is yours (there are no reports matched your forum name), or, provide PC specs, CPU, GPU and OS (32/64 bits).