Game-Labs Forum

Pagan Pete's Pyrate Parlor.

Pagan Pete

Ahar, anyone seen Roger?? That little scallywag's gotten into a rowboat again after last night's navigational readings and work in the chart room, he says I've gone way too far south of the equator for his liking then hopped in a rowboat and started paddling like a peuvian after having too many of those leaves they chew. I could swear he could have towed me to the coast of Ireland if I'd roped his boat.

I'd be in your debt if you come by him and return him to me, in one piece mind you, no snippy snippy eunichy eunichy now. He is a masterful cabin boy and ensures all my needs are met, I see good seaman in him; no doubt he'll rise through the officer's ranks like my mainmast when it's set in a new hull.

Edited by ShiverMyTimber

So I were on a mission in me Yacht and coin battle against a privateer. Another feller shows up n asks if he can help. I says sure! (I like it when people asks if they can be helping, rather than the brutes that just jump in and fire) I informs the feller that this be me intention wot to capture this here privateer, so he agrees to chain and grape.

Cut to pulling alongside and boarding her. The prig has more mens onboard that I does, but the first two rounds are all going Pagan  Pete's way! The other ship pulls alongside and comes to a stop...

I be thinking, I know wot he be up to! He be waitin' fer this here privateer wot to disengage, then snap it up fer himself like!

But Pagan Pete be a clever fellow, if i be saying so meself. Havin the advantage in crew now, by some considerable margin, i go straight into brace mode for something like 10-12 combat rounds! This way i don't scare the privateer off before I be ready to finish him.

When the bugger finally does disengage several minutes later, I have his morale low enough to finish the job before he can cut the ropes… Now I have  a nice shinny new privateer to pillage and raid with!

Beware me newest ship, Vicious Rumor!

YARRR Har Har! [_]P

• Like 3

So I were on a mission in me Yacht and coin battle against a privateer. Another feller shows up n asks if he can help. I says sure! (I like it when people asks if they can be helping, rather than the brutes that just jump in and fire) I informs the feller that this be me intention wot to capture this here privateer, so he agrees to chain and grape.

Cut to pulling alongside and boarding her. The prig has more mens onboard that I does, but the first two rounds are all going Pagan  Pete's way! The other ship pulls alongside and comes to a stop...

I be thinking, I know wot he be up to! He be waitin' fer this here privateer wot to disengage, then snap it up fer himself like!

But Pagan Pete be a clever fellow, if i be saying so meself. Havin the advantage in crew now, by some considerable margin, i go straight into brace mode for something like 10-12 combat rounds! This way i don't scare the privateer off before I be ready to finish him.

When the bugger finally does disengage several minutes later, I have his morale low enough to finish the job before he can cut the ropes… Now I have  a nice shinny new privateer to pillage and raid with!

Beware me newest ship, Vicious Rumor!

YARRR Har Har! [_]P

Arr I gots me one too but have a bunch of ships that turned up as redeemables I need to grind my XP up.

I finally found Roger half dead from thirst, turns out he was in such a hurry he forgot to bring any provisions other than his canteen and some weevil infested biscuit, towed the little row-boat up and had her stowed and have my cabin boy now. Staines, my best seaman and my honourable Master Bates are aboard now so the motley crew is together again.

These huge queues to get into port are insane, the port server should be building more, or bigger piers.

• Like 1

Was in a (most) generous mood today and deceided to help some fella out! ;)

We battled the snow and he boarded, unfortunately the wind swept me past the enemy ship pretty much everytime so could not get any good grape shots in alas! He disengaged and the snow started its deadly barrage once more on poor little 'ol me in me privateer! *Sigh*

Then all of a sudden my entire ship started rocking and screaching and before i knew it i was blown to nothing but ruble 'n splinters! In fact i woke up on some beach on Jamaica which was really funny since i was in a battle way down south way south of Willemstad hahahah! :D

• Like 1

So I were hauling a bulk cargo, 50,000 worth O compass wood, in me stolen traders cutter. I sailed past Mortimer without a single shot being fired at me, which I thought were a pleasant surprise. Im tacking toward the home stretch when a Rascal in a cutter  makes to steal me cargo! This pyrate has an aim to steal me stolen ship! NEVER!

I have a good chuckle as I am confident I can pull into port before the attack timer runs its course.   5…4…3…2… Enter port! HA!

Now to sally forth in me privateer, Vicious Rumor! Now who be attacking whom?  :angry:

I start up the timer and draw into a superior windward position. Battle starts and he fires his shot at me hull hitting more fish than me. Meanwhile I fling very effective chain shot at his rigging and soon have him down and limping about! 

I make preparations to board and close in fer grape shot.

Blam! Blam! two broadsides o shot and he is down ten men.

I reload as he is cresting a wave and I come a cables length from his starboard stern, a beautiful view of his deck comes into sight! BLAM! 15 dead across the deck! Blood spills everywhere! The scream of the wounded and the cries of the terrified echo out, music to me ears!

I nudge alongside and fire another grape volley. Me crew throws the grapples and pulls him close. My crew is hellbent on revenge and is my 53 to his 6! There were no survivors and we burn the ship to the waterline.

Vengeance be ours!  :ph34r:

-)----

Edited by Pagan Pete
  • Like 2

So there I were, hauling 60,000 worth O materials when several British captains made to bring me to justice for a hanging!

I were in me trade lynx and they had several ship. The battle started and they were so close, I didn't even have time to sort out who was in what! I know there was a Brig and a Privateer and about 6 cutters!!!

Pagan Pete were in a real tough spot o bother! I made a run for it with the wind abeam. I knew I could outrun the Brig daily soon, as long as My sails held up! Sure enough, the chains come a flying at me! Pagan Pete put his patented "waggle" to work and i managed to open the distance whilst taking only 7% sail damage after three volleys from each of them!

The brig drops out of the race now, but that privateers is almost abeam of me at about 500 yards. 5 cutters remain in hot pursuit, but falling behind...

I make a slight turn to start opening the gap on the Privateer. His shots start falling short and the remaining ships fall behind as they try to fire.

Pagan Pete escapes and never dropped below 90% sails!!!

Yarr har har! 

[_]P :P

• 2 weeks later...

Pagan Pete's Adventures on the US Coastline

So I decided wot to pull a Blackbeard and assail the US coast in The Banshee. I sail across and the very first thing we se is a battle between a French and US ship.

"Mr. Margeson Haave we got an American flag?"

"Aye sir! Shall I break it out?" He answers with an evil grin.

"Indeed!"

We enter the fight flying the Stars n Stripes and signal the US ship "Kill or Capture"

The US captain yelled "Your choice! Need a brig?"

"Aye!" I answer, knowing the ruse has worked… "Indeed I do!"

We proceed to assail the Frenchman and two other US ships join to aid the fight. My crew of cutthroats boards her when we pull along side. Outnumbered 110 to 65, we are eager to take the prize before our secret is discovered! we know the other three ships will aid us with grape shot, and so we are confident!

We seize the brig and sail off with it.

"Hey! Bloody pyrates!" One of the captains is heard cursing…
It were too late… Bwhahahahah!

• Like 1

So there I were haven a nice pleasure cruise….. through eel infested waters… When I came across a battle betwixt the USA and Great Britain. I put up me English flag and sail closer to investigate. It were two AI brits vs a 2nd Lt. Gunnar Andersen USN. 

He were sailing a privateer, as were I. I sent him some chain shot to know I were here! He continued to go after the naples AI trader!!! Interesting… He didn't really get the picture till he were at 80% sails. Then he did a patch job, and ran outta battle.

And then he kept running, and running, and running. I tried to persuade him to hang me, but he didn't seem to be interested in taking on Pagan Pete's crew and the Banshee, despite the even odds... :huh:

"Oi Yankee… I thought 'these colors don't run?'" I hollered.

He didn't turn.

So I reckon the Admiralty will likely end his career, wot for not hanging olde Pagan Pete when he had the chance!

:P

• Like 2

Ended up in the water today, when me basic snow (just for fun) was tipped over by a frigate.

It was all fun though, me brothers were there to fish me out, and i got my yearly bath done at the same time! :P

Then they captured the frigate before it sank. 

[_]P

Yarrr!

Yarrr!

Last nights raid in the US East coast netted me 12 ships, 1 player surrendered to me, 1 frigate refused to fight me, and 80,000 in profit!

Free Rum today at Pagan Petes Pyrate Parlor!

[_]p [_]P [_]P [_]p [_]P

:D

• Like 1

So there I wow, innocently stealing a Trade Brig of the US coast, when two midshipmen in cutters come along and ruin me fun.

"let's teach them a lesson in fear, lads!" I says to the crew.

I sail straight at them and we open fire on the first one with chain shot, The second has yet to hoist his sails. After two more volleys of chain i prepare to grape. The second ship STILL has yet to hoist his sails! I says;

"Avast! His crew has mutinied! They be refusing to fight! This be too easy!"

So I grape the 1st cutter with Midshipman Rosy, and he pulls me in fer boardin' Which be perfect because thats wot I was hoping to do!

SWAT!

He's capitulated in two rounds.

"You're next!" i holler to the other ship, which promptly strikes its colors.

:lol: 

(Now, I know they be new, but I can't let the loss of a trader go unanswered.) :o

Arrrr... So I decided to leave the poor, poor Americans alone fer a bit. So I sailed south and picked on the British!

HEre be a selfie of me ship The Banshee in Port Royal Harbor! I had seven men try to stop me from gettin in, to no avail. I had three men try and stop me from gettin out again, to no avail!

After that I stole a nice fat Trade Snow from Three Legged Pete, And then escaped three more men wot wanted to hang ole Pagan Pete fer that offense! To no avail...

I cant post the picture, so here be the link! =oD

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/495763483666375603/3C76C95C0835816AB6571B114419ACA59B0BA236/

Pagan Pete stands best to the heart, long stem Dutch pipe in one hand, and mug in the other. The light of the fire behind casts playful shadows on the back wall as Pagan Pete behind to tell his tale...

"So there we were, I was captaining my Cerberus, the Merrow, when we spy a US Renomee where it shouldn't be. Now, we vein honest traders, we sails up to inquire wot if they need any help, see? Now we weren't the only concerned citizens, two other captains also sailed up to see wot the feller wonted, you know, being honest citizens.

Loe and behold the US Renomee set upon us innocent traders! And wits more, she be joined by two Trincomalies! 

'Hell's bells!' I cried. 'We are beset upon by naval forces! They must be misinterperetin our curiosity as hostile action! Let us away, and sharpish!' I said, I did. 

We turned downwind wot to escape these here hostile aggressors, and managed to open a good lead. But before I could warn the other ships about this treacherous trap we found ourselves in, it were too late. Their courses didn't lead to their escape, may the good lord bless their souls.

And that lads, be the story bout how I were mistaken for a pirate! Can ye believe that?

So there been this US group o players based out o Atwood in Trincoms n wot not. They been sinking helpless pyrates in their trade ships n wot not. 

Last night Thye cam round again, but I were takin a vacation from the US coast. I followed them in the Banshee (me privateer) and warned our fellers to keep clear of the area, and bought time fer our forces to assemble. Managed to save a few fellow pyrates from certain death!

Once our force were assembles, we gave chase to the US players WO King of Clowns… Er I mean Crowns, and his sidekick, WO um… somebody er other. We start the battle and immediately they run from out force, a brig, a snow, a fir surprise, a connie, and a… something KOTO PG Monkey had.

"We wanted a fair fight." They cried.. and cried… and cried...

Me answer; "You'll get the same fair fight Gunnar had on his trade brig, CERTAIN DEATH!"

The two split up and I took me fir Surprise and gave chase. I relentless fired chains from me bow chasers and slowed him so the rest of the fleet caught up. Once the batter are engaged, the sidekick feller can back into the fight...

it were a bitter battle and me ship was shot from under me, but my role were fulfilled and their escape prevented! The crew piked into the longboat, and me n Little Willy, the ginger cabin boy took refuge in the jig boat. We had a good view of the two US trincos, get demasted, boarded and captured!

me fellow Captains of the Black Flag, swung by and pulled us all aboard. Then we went to harbor and celebrated with much drinking of rum and wenching!

yarrr!

Now we have copied of them there own trincos wot to fight them off with in the future!

-)----