Game-Labs Forum

Possible daily rewards?

Hello all. This is my first time posting on this forum but I for one would like to sea a daily reward system added just to try the idea.

These rewards would be boosts such as extra exp or gold. This could really help those who are new or struggle to make any progress.

I would appreciate your views on this idea.

I was thinking you would have to fit certain requirements to be suitable for daily rewards. Say like a captain must reach a certain rank or must have a certain amount of hours gameplay.

Besides, they would give a helping hand to new players. I know players will have trouble in game in a simple Lynx.

Thanks for your view though Bart.

This might be a good thing to do in the Beta stages.  Most Alphas I've been a part of weren't at a stage where such a system made a lot of sense.  Since we're trying to test a rudimentary form of progression, perhaps posting your feedback on what you find most challenging about starting out would help the Developers to better understand what a person who is brand new to the game is experiencing.  A lack of rewards helps to highlight those issues.

• Like 1

What I find as a basic new player is that when you start in a small Lynx you almost always have to spend a long time finding a cutter or privateer. Even when this happens you will most likely be beaten and receive a small reward of about 15-50 gold.

To get a decent ship like a brig or snow would take a person so long that it would be rediculous.

With boosts as daily rewards a person can lvl up or gain a little extra gold to help them boost there confidence in the game. This would help players get bigger ships up to the point that they feel secure in the open world.

These boosts could last only 1 or 2 battles and could be won in battles with larger ships or daily login rewards.

I strongly feel that this should be tested and, assuming it is found helpful, could boost a players status in this early stage of NA and allow them to truly test the game they so enjoy.

I can best relate my idea to the newly added War Thunder daily reward. In that game the boosts help the player develop via experience or money. If we were to add a similar method here we could see people who feel stuck in a Lynx like me and many others reach a brig or even a snow within a matter of days compared to the week to week and a half it currently takes.

These boosts would also deal with people worrying about losing their ship and help those who cannot fully devote time to this game due to employment. If we can add daily rewards we should and will be able to harmonise these people to create a perfect game with happy players.

Once we have the option to "send prize to admirality" there may be some kind of extra reward if you managed to send in a special ship because the Admirality lacks some new frigates or brigs.

Depending on the need you could come up with different rewards depending on the size and state of the captured ship. Badly damaged ships will not be accepted for example.

So there may be an written order which encourages the players to hunt a certain class of ship until the demand is satisfied.

___

when I think about it.. Why not use this option exclusively that way?