Game-Labs Forum

Mount and blade napoleonic wars

jekct1212

I clocked the same ammount of hours basically. 1366.  :huh: 
I am not sure if I regretted it, as there were some good people I met of that community.

Couldn't agree more Mr. Doran.

Theres are a lot of melee/regimental/clan elitistism. Also quite a bit of narcissism. Couldn't get on with a large part of the community, so much two faced-ness.

If the regiment were to not associate with the NW community, it could be alright, but i doubt there'd be much in numbers. Saying that I come from regiments where the smallest line was 20-30 men strong  :P

Edited by Admaa

There used to be Naval Battles, but they got rather stale, rather quickly. There are no cannons on ships and the boats were laggy, was demanding on the server etc. Felt more like a brawl. Could be fun if properly organised I suppose.

There used to be Naval Battles, but they got rather stale, rather quickly. There are no cannons on ships and the boats were laggy, was demanding on the server etc. Felt more like a brawl. Could be fun if properly organised I suppose.

Some maps have a few cannons on the ships.

Some maps have a few cannons on the ships.

Them ships are static. And the ones that do have cannons on that move, are infact unable to fire. Unless this has been patched in the last 5 months of my inactivity this is still very much true. I doubt the FSE devs are quick to patch.

I dabbled in M&B Napoleon for a little bit (I also arrived quite late to the game), but never turned to truly organized fighting. Mostly I simply wandered from match to match.

If you gentlemen are keen on getting a regiment going, I suppose I can lend my support and my musket.

As for a name, seeing as we are sailors going on land, perhaps a Regiment of Marines would be appropriate. 

1st company 2nd battlion Royal Marines. Something like, 2ndRM_Pte_Jimbob_Jones

The 1st company 2nd battlion saw service in the napoleonic wars, I think..  :wacko: 

They were called Lobsters, at least I remember from my history class.. (a long time ago now)

Found another. (for the british) "'Bootnecks'. This nickname is derived from them cutting the top from a leather boot and wearing it like a modern neckbrace to stop sailors cutting their throat while they guarded officers on board British sailing ships in the days of old."

Though Urban dictionary is probably not the best of sources. 

• 2 weeks later...