Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta 1.6.0.7 - Fast Loading in campaign<<<

Nick Thomadis

Hello all,

We usually offer betas prior to the release of a major patch which includes new ships and 3D content. Now we make an exception because we have prepared something that should please the majority of the game's community,

The most frequent complaint of players was the occasional long loading times in the campaign. So we have addressed just that. Please read:
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1069660/announcements/detail/4678766374094571649 

You can place your feedback in this thread or on Steam.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Hello all,

We usually offer betas prior to the release of a major patch which includes new ships and 3D content. Now we make an exception because we have prepared something that should please the majority of the game's community,

The most frequent complaint of players was the occasional long loading times in the campaign. So we have addressed just that. Please read:
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1069660/announcements/detail/4678766374094571649 

I have seen a marked improvement in campaign loading times. the pre-made designs are another matter entirely...

qbKmrqN.jpeg

it would be nice to be able to paste these into the shared designs so I could make them better.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Hello all,

This is an excellent idea. Only problem is the PSPACKED_(year) files are binary blobs and thus not moddable, which means that this whole system is incompatible with any mod that touches parts/techs/balance/whatever, because the designs only work for vanilla part weights, vanilla shiptype data, vanilla tech stats and tech<->year mapping, etc. At the very least, please store these in json in the TextAssets so that modders can edit the ships.

• Like 3

More performance is very welcome, but is it possible to add (for us modders and mod users) an ability to toggle the new pre generated ships off? We can then make our own pre-generated ships through the existing shared designs feature without fear of vanilla designs getting into the mix.

Edited by brothermunro
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Doomed said:

I started a game in 1890 on Hard as Great Britain with auto generated designs and have no Battleships.

I suspect the issue is that the design the game has generated  (14200) is larger than my capacity to build  (13500)

It might be related to this, but I am in 1907 of an 1890 start I’ve been clicking through and the AI overwhelmingly only makes TB/DD and sometimes CL/CA.  Only one AI nation in 1907 has BB/BC in my game (Italy).  The Soviets ONLY have TB.  It’s very weird.

image.png

image.png

image.png

43 minutes ago, Северная said:

It might be related to this, but I am in 1907 of an 1890 start I’ve been clicking through and the AI overwhelmingly only makes TB/DD and sometimes CL/CA.  Only one AI nation in 1907 has BB/BC in my game (Italy).  The Soviets ONLY have TB.  It’s very weird.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Can you make in-game report for this please?

2 hours ago, brothermunro said:

More performance is very welcome, but is it possible to add (for us modders and mod users) an ability to toggle the new pre generated ships off? We can then make our own pre-generated ships through the existing shared designs feature without fear of vanilla designs getting into the mix.

We have it in our mind to do, yes, once we stabilize the beta.

• Like 2

Ive started another game as GB in 1890 and this time I do have Battleships.  In this case the generated design is 12800 tons with a capacity to build up to 13500.

My other game has reached 1900 but Ive submitted a bug report as certain nations still dont have any BB's according to the politics screen

12 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Can you make in-game report for this please?

We have it in our mind to do, yes, once we stabilize the beta.

I made an in-game report, and I’ve replicated the issue three times.  After the AI gets rid of their starting BB, they go into a mode of not making any.  They focus on TB in particular, like it is not unusual to see them with 150 TB and a few cruisers, or sometimes they do cruiser spam.  But I have had it where there is not a single BB among them.

image.png

Edited by Северная
Photo

5 hours ago, jw62 said:

Performance has definitely improved.

Formations are Borked, however. Ships in reverse order or all scrunched together.

I didn’t understand this post until it just happened to me.  I loaded into a battle and the ships “exploded” from being balled up together, all going off in different directions and trying to recover.  It was a mess.

9 hours ago, jw62 said:

Performance has definitely improved.

Formations are Borked, however. Ships in reverse order or all scrunched together.

Im seeing the same plus sometimes ships in the same Division start  over  a thousand metres apart. Ive made an in game report.