Game-Labs Forum

DIP submod : Rework of tech groups in Technologies (WIP) -UAD 1.5.0.9 opt x3

MDHansen

This will need a new game, DO NOT add in a current campaign, as you will restart the hull techs

This is a submod of @brothermunro DIP mod. This is purely a visual and practial mod for the Technologies tab.
There might be minor tweaks later, but nothing that will force a new game start.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-New Tech Group "Turrets", populated with Gun Layout and Mechanism.
-Updated tech group for guns: 2-5" , 6-10" , 11-15" , 16-20"
-New tech Group for Hull Strength and Hull Construction
-Updated tech group for Destroyer, Light Cruiser, Heavy Cruiser, Battlecruiser, Battleship
-Removed obsolete Submarine Tech Group
-Moved "Armour Quality" and "Armour Forging" to same group as Hull Strength and Hull Construction
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Files modded:
English.lng
technologies-resources.assets
techTypes-resources.assets
techGroups-resources.assets

zj6Jggz.png
(I've edited the UI so it shows all the tech columns for a better view, hence the weird text)

-(STEAM) Playing a modded game, that also updates alot, it is always a good idea to set to update when launched and use a shortcut of the .exe from the game folder to play the game. That way Steam will not update the game, before you tell it to.

-
Updated Nexus page for download instructions and info. Also updated the mod to be inline with BMs update
1.02 : 
-Pushed an update to replace the wrong .lng file. You should no longer see wrong texts on armour in particular
-Removed tb/cl/ca techs from BB (old Hull Strength) tech. They will now only show in their respective categories
-Fixed several description errors through the technologies-resources.assets. In particular Light and Heavy Cruiser techs (visual only)
-Added command "start" to earliest CL techs. An 1890 start would not have first iteration of light cruisers because of this

1.04 :
-Update for UAD 1.5.0.6 and DIP 1.9.0
-More changes in tech descriptions (visual only)

-Update for UAD 1.5.0.6 opt and DIP 1.9.1
-Update for UAD 1.5.0.6 optx2 and DIP 1.10.0
- Update for UAD 1.5.0.6 OptX4 and DIP 1.11.0
-Changes to time multipliers for Hull Techs. They were researched too quickly, and ended up getting access many eayrs before original. Thanks to <kineuhansen> for the headsup.
-Updated for UAD 1.5.0.7 and DIP 1.12.0
-Updated for UAD 1.5.0.7 OptX1 and DIP 1.12.1
-Moved "Armour Quality" and "Armour Forging" to same group as Hull Strength and Hull Construction
-Updated .lng file to the latest changes
--This should not cause any issues with an ongoing savegame--

-Updated for UAD 1.5.0.8 and DIP 1.12.2
-Updated for UAD 1.5.0.8 opt x1 and DIP 1.12.3
-Updated for UAD 1.5.0.9 and DIP 1.12.5
-Updated for UAD 1.5.0.9 opt x1 and DIP 1.12.6
-Updated for UAD 1.5.0.9 opt x2 and DIP 1.12.7
-Updated for UAD 1.5.0.9 opt x3 and DIP 1.12.8

Edited by MDHansen
version update
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• MDHansen changed the title to Seperate 2-8, 9-14, 15-20inch guns research tree

i havent touched any years yet. Can be edited like techs normally. Gonna fine tune it all later, and make versions with and without the submarine techs. I initially used the submarine trees, since it was easier to just overwrite them ( and I dont use subs)

So it just sort of made a new colum automaticly? Maybe make a column for every 'in' of gun then? Or groups of 2, like the 9in and 10in together, 2in and 3in. Would be funny to see what would happen when focusing 20in since 1890 lol.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, o Barão said:

The 15"-20" gun research is available from the start at 1890?

maybe i initially misunderstood your quesiton here. That screenshot is taken from a 1930 campaign start, just to see if it actually worked straight off the bat.

And yes, the tree itself is visible at an 1890 start, and will start researching the first tech right away

Edited by MDHansen
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Working further on my project. I added a completely new TechGroup "Turrets" under the original "Naval Guns, moving Gun Layout and Gun Mechanism to the new group. Looks a bit more tidy. No replacements done at all
Regards the the small pictures on the Tech Group and GunLayout/GunMechanism, I am not sure I can change those. I'll have to dig a bit more

(Updated with 4 guns tech trees)

y9x6as0.jpg

Edited by MDHansen
  • Like 1

• MDHansen changed the title to Complete rework of technologies, new tech groups (ships, hulls, strength/construction)
  • MDHansen changed the title to Complete rework of technologies, new tech groups
Posted (edited)

properly tested and verified everything works as it should, for every decade new game. Needless to say, changes here needs a new game, singlehandedly because of repositioning the battleship hulls.

Bedtime now, time flies when you have fun! Easter holidays now, so I'll de doing some more havoc through the week. Will be posting details on what I've been doing for others to have a look at

Edited by MDHansen

• MDHansen changed the title to DIP submod : Complete rework of technologies, new tech groups (WIP)
  • MDHansen changed the title to DIP submod : Rework of tech groups in Technologies (WIP)
  • MDHansen changed the title to DIP submod : Rework of tech groups in Technologies (WIP) -UAD 1.5.0.5 opt x4

-Removed tb/cl/ca techs from BB (old Hull Strength) tech. They will now only show in their respective categories
-Fixed several description errors through the technologies-resources.assets. In particular Light and Heavy Cruiser techs (visual only)
-Added command "start" to earliest CL techs. An 1890 start would not have first iteration of light cruisers because of this

• MDHansen changed the title to DIP submod : Rework of tech groups in Technologies (WIP) -UAD 1.5.0.6
  • MDHansen changed the title to DIP submod : Rework of tech groups in Technologies (WIP) -UAD 1.5.0.6 opt x4

-Updated .lng file to the latest changes
--This should not cause any issues with an ongoing savegame--

• MDHansen changed the title to DIP submod : Rework of tech groups in Technologies (WIP) -UAD 1.5.0.7 opt