Game-Labs Forum

Graphical Options (Optimization)

Hello Game-Labs.

I know that optimization is something that is on the very bottom of the priority list. This is in Alpha stage. I know.

I can't stress enough how important is the optimization, it allows people who can't own rigs that pack the latest I7 core and a GTX Titan SLI to play flawlessly Naval Action. It allows a game to be played by more people, to buy more stuff from real world money and to help to improve the game overall.

My suggestion (for the future) is to look at Gaijin's War Thunder and how optimized it is.

Hell, even the ultra low graphics look really decent!

Any dual core processor can run the game at maximum settings at 60fps and a 70 euro graphics card can run it. Even Intel HD graphics can run it, although not at 60 fps steady.

What really helps is that War Thunder has many graphical options to accomodate various levels of computer power, to the entry level computer to the best of the best. It allows the players to change render, what kind of DirectX (10 or 11 I believe), lens flares, reflections, etc

So my suggestion is, put as many options as possible and you'll have far more players!

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Talking about optimization, does anyone know how data is collected for the Nvidia GeForce Experience? It has a function that automatically list certain games and run them with the most optimal settings for the specific game in question.

Here's a quote from a FAQ

Second, GeForce Experience optimizes graphics settings in your games based on your hardware configuration. NVIDIA performs extensive game testing for various combinations of GPUs, CPUs, and monitor resolutions and stores this information in the NVIDIA cloud. GeForce Experience connects to the NVIDIA Cloud and downloads optimized game settings tailored specifically to your PC. 

And here's the FAQ link: http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/faq

Hope this helps :)

That part I knew, just curious about how to be able to list this game. But I suppose it requires enough people with GPU's connected to the Nvidia cloud to play it.

Well, the Nvidia team needs to play Naval Action and fiddle around with the definitions. So far only a few people managed to be testers.

Geforce Experience won't work with Naval Action until it is released. So that the NDA can be lifted.

nividia needs to stop beeying litle boys and go and help test ore help an litle whit the engine maybe give some pointers and those things. as for the rest:

1: make sure you can change the weather effects not only whit high low but high medium low maybe even more so players of almost every pc/ laptop who do not have the best systems can play it as well. you know make sure that the things that take an lot from the cards, make sure those can be changed so if someone has problems running they might adjust it to an lower one so they can still play as well not everyone has an gaming pc. ;-) well don't worry about me do hahahhaha

• 1 year later...

that I would play night and day, but in this game does not let me because I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 Laptop Hp and I can not change a penalty card, but in other games like War thunder I do well with the media graphics . But I like that in this game you could do the same as I have looking forward to an update where you can enjoy the game, and acquired the product from about a week ago come, but for my graphics card, I can not play, I expect a of these days to take pity on many players who think they have very powerful graphics cards, would be a major breakthrough for little strong teams, greetings and hopefully come soon and enjoy the game, antler burn PC: P