Game-Labs Forum

"Naval Arms Race" mod overhaul. BETA v11.4 - for UAD v1.5.1.6

o Barão

1 hour ago, Panzergraf said:

So I take it there won't be a NAR update for the most recent patch (that I need to actually get battles in my campaign) that does not also wreck the current campaign?

I don't think I've seen any moder do a better job keeping up with updates, on any game. I'm sure he'll have an update up soon, unless he saw this comment and decided to go to bed early.

• Like 3

Привет!!! Поставил  последнюю версию 4.0.0 и полное огорчение!!! До новой версии,линейный корабль весил 38000 тысяч тонн,после новой версии,он же,весит уже 52000 тысячи тонны!!!!

2 hours ago, Fangoriously said:

I don't think I've seen any moder do a better job keeping up with updates, on any game. I'm sure he'll have an update up soon, unless he saw this comment and decided to go to bed early.

You are correct, :D

I saw the update yesterday, but sadly there is an issue with the "guns" file that is making the game crash. I need to find first what it is before updating. Already took my coffee, and I am going back to work. It should be ready in the next hours.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, o Barão said:

You are correct, :D

I saw the update yesterday, but sadly there is an issue with the "guns" file that is making the game crash. I need to find first what it is before updating. Already took my coffee, and I am going back to work. It should be ready in the next hours.

ugh, this is killing me! I haven't touched it between these 2 patches, and now it gives me an error. Could it be something in the core files out of our control?
(im running my own edited files, not NAR atm)

Edited by MDHansen

1 minute ago, MDHansen said:

ugh, this is killing me! I haven't touched it between these 2 patches, and now it gives me an error. Could it be something in the core files out of our control?
(im running my own edited files, not NAR atm)

Same thing to me. For me, the issue is in the "guns" file, but I can't explain why.

I tried to manually copy and paste my values but gives me an error at a specific point. Then I tried to manually edit the values, but still gives me an error. I can't explain what is happening.

Just now, MDHansen said:

RvqdWrC.png

this is all i have to work on 😝

Ok so maybe it can be the shell velocity values that I am using that are not allowing the game mechanic to reach the guns range? That explains why it is happening with the 17" guns and below

13 minutes ago, MDHansen said:

hm. could be. I havent looked at those actually. (I am however stealing your values there...)

Apply only the stock shell velocity to see if you can make it work.

Or maybe revert the shell changes in the params file made by the devs in the last update

Edited by o Barão

@MDHansenit seems I found the issue.

Revert the changes made by the devs in the params file. Air drag and shell kinectic energy

Apply the previous values

air_drag_coef,8.65,"modifier shaping up the shell ballistics, the bigger, the less speed dumping ",2.175,2.8,,,,,
shell_kinetic_energy_mod,5.319,modifier for adjusting the landing speed of shells (allows curvy trajectories and shells do not land as feathers),,,,,,,

• Thanks 1

• o Barão changed the title to "Naval Arms Race" mod overhaul. BETA v4.0.1 - for UAD v1.4.0.9 Opt x2
3 hours ago, Urus said:

Привет!!! Поставил  последнюю версию 4.0.0 и полное огорчение!!! До новой версии,линейный корабль весил 38000 тысяч тонн,после новой версии,он же,весит уже 52000 тысячи тонны!!!!

Eu mencionei que esta atualização iria precisar de uma nova campanha para evitar possíveis conflitos.

• o Barão changed the title to "Naval Arms Race" mod overhaul. BETA v4.0.2 - for UAD v1.4.0.9 Opt x2

Hey baron, love the new weight rebalance, and the mod in general!

I was wondering if you could allow british ships to place quad bofors on this mount as well? currently we can only mount up to x3 bofors (2inch) on this hardpoint on all know instances of the hull part, cruiser and bb variants alike. Figured you just weren't aware and needed a heads up.
Screenshot-16.png
Keep up the great work! Cheers!

45 minutes ago, Draco said:

Hey baron, love the new weight rebalance, and the mod in general!

I was wondering if you could allow british ships to place quad bofors on this mount as well? currently we can only mount up to x3 bofors (2inch) on this hardpoint on all know instances of the hull part, cruiser and bb variants alike. Figured you just weren't aware and needed a heads up.
Screenshot-16.png
Keep up the great work! Cheers!

hZph3ng.jpg

It is working fine here.

I found something that seems to be a bug, maybe mod related.

Currently building an experimental cruiser hull (japanese campaign). The ship is going to be a support Anti-Submarine ship. When i change the draught and beam sliders the Recon and ASW values change quite dramaticly. The spread is 340% for Recon and 464% for ASW without changing anything else on the ship!!!

Value table for my ship (values rounded):

Beam/draught - Recon/ASW

0/0 - 271/830

-9/0 - 332/1077

10/0 - 220/640

0/-15 - 417/1427

0/16.5 - 184/515

-9/-15 - 511/1860

10/16.5 - 150/401

25 minutes ago, MasterBurte said:

...ships if the building values make no sense.

I can't change because I don't find those effects in the "stats" file and in other file, however they do make sense, somehow. If possible, I would prefer to tune down the effect, but I would keep them.

Recon

The *Recon* rating represents the reconnaissance capability of the ship, its ability to report enemy movements without being detected, and greatly improves the strategic power of the fleet to gain initiative on offensive missions or get away from trouble before the enemy comes too close.\n\n“Recon” is affected mainly by the respective technology as well as spotting, detectability and speed attributes of the ship.\n\nLarge and slow ships such as battleships are expected to have a smaller “Recon” rating than small cruisers and destroyers. Radio and Radar equipment greatly increase the reconnaissance capability surpassing inherited disadvantages of larger ships.

The smaller the ship, the better it will perform in this role.

ASW

*ASW* (Anti-Submarine Warfare) rating reflects the ability of the ship to trace and destroy submarines. This value is mainly affected by technologies that allow the detection of submarines and is further dependent from the spotting capability and speed of the ship. \n\nAttacking and destroying submarines is accomplished by various means, mainly by "Depth Charges" which are the strongest weapons against them.\n\nShips without ASW are virtually defenseless against a submarine attack.

To trace the subs underwater, you will want the less noise as possible from your engines to help your sonar team to detect them.