Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.1+ Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.2.9R)

Nick Thomadis

I can also confirm that turrets are getting stuck and refuse to fire. 3 out of my 4 mainline turrets (all except the frontal turret) refuse to fire and just lock into position. Not sure if related but my ship was also stuck "Ladder aiming" while this was happening.

I tried to do the same battle between two 1940 battleships 3 times and the issue happened all 3 battles. 

Penetration values are also kinda crazy now, guns penetration value are WAY too high, enough so that almost every gun fielded passed 14-15 inch will over pen almost anything. Even a 22 inch main belt gets over pens 95% of the time by 15 inch guns at 15-20 km.

I feel like the game was heading in a decent spot in 1.2.0, but 1.2.1 and now 1.2.2 are really out of wack. 

Edited by Deathbringer221
Spelling
  • Like 3

@Nick Thomadis

Transports sunk in battle do not affect TransportCapacity (TC). This problem has been there for a long time.

TR1.png

Italy TC before battle

TR2.png

Battle with strong enemy

TR3.png

Italy TC after battle

TR4.png

I noticed this in one of my old campaigns, when I destroyed hundreds of French transports in battles, but it did not affect them in any way.

• Like 1

And my favorite problem - RNG&VP damage bug. Not a single shot was fired in this battle.

RNG1.png

According to my observations, recently, when receiving minor damage, the bug does not occur. But if the ship has serious damage, a bug will appear.

1 hour ago, Lima said:

And my favorite problem - RNG&VP damage bug. Not a single shot was fired in this battle.

RNG1.png

According to my observations, recently, when receiving minor damage, the bug does not occur. But if the ship has serious damage, a bug will appear.

Did Italians have damaged ships initially? If yes, then what is the problem exactly?

2 hours ago, Lima said:

@Nick Thomadis

Transports sunk in battle do not affect TransportCapacity (TC). This problem has been there for a long time.

TR1.png

Italy TC before battle

TR2.png

Battle with strong enemy

TR3.png

Italy TC after battle

TR4.png

I noticed this in one of my old campaigns, when I destroyed hundreds of French transports in battles, but it did not affect them in any way.

You show a log of Transport Capacity before and after the battle? This value spans from 0 to 2. If it is a correct log we need to check it. Transport Capacity becomes reduced according to the GDP of the nation. If the nation has a very large GDP and therefore a big TR fleet, then transport losses may cause very little, unnoticeable effect.

3 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Did Italians have damaged ships initially? If yes, then what is the problem exactly?

Already damaged ships receive additional damage at the beginning of the battle. This is a problem.

I don't remember what happened to the second ship, but their destroyer had 27% of the structure before this battle, during the battle, she appeared with 1% structure. I got VP for it. But I didn't do any damage in this fight.

4 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

You show a log of Transport Capacity before or after the battle? This value spans from 0 to 2. Transport Capacity becomes reduced according to the GDP of the nation. If the nation has a very large GDP and therefore a big TR fleet, then transport losses may cause very little, unnoticeable effect.

I showed the log before and after (I even closed the game for this) the fight, they are the same. This is not something like a minor effect, it simply does not exist. I can record a video one day, I just don't want to show my work screen. At the same time, if 8 transports are lost between turns, it will be noticeable. And once again, I destroyed hundreds of transports in battles, it had no effect.

_Yet_another_ example of RNG damage&VP bug.

This ship was damaged before the battle. Her structure before this fight was 62%. I retreated. No damage was taken in this battle.

2023-02-18-23-09-54.png

Ah yes, "defeat"

2023-02-18-23-10-00.png

I didn't take any damage, but the structure is 12% now.

3101230.jpg

As you can see, damaged ships take damage at the beginning of the battle and at the end.

Old, but still relevant! (I wish it wasn't like that)

Edited by Lima
  • Like 2

Transport sunk in battles mean nothing

Well, another example. Italy is at war with the whole world, they have very serious problems with transports.

This screenshot was taken before, I repeat, before the fight.

031020130312.jpg

15 transports were sunk in this battle. Considering how few transports they have in general, it should have had a big impact on them, right?

2023-02-20-00-31-53.png

Actually, no effect at all. And yes, I closed the games for this screenshot.

03290132.jpg

@Nick Thomadis

3 minutes ago, Lima said:

Transport sunk in battles mean nothing

Well, another example. Italy is at war with the whole world, they have very serious problems with transports.

This screenshot was taken before, I repeat, before the fight.

031020130312.jpg

15 transports were sunk in this battle. Considering how few transports they have in general, it should have had a big impact on them, right?

2023-02-20-00-31-53.png

Actually, no effect at all. And yes, I closed the games for this screenshot.

03290132.jpg

@Nick Thomadis

Did you pass next turn? All changes should apply on the next turn.

6 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Did you pass next turn? All changes should apply on the next turn.

The situation on the next move is even more funny. They lost 25 transports in battles and 6 between turns. However:

900132.jpg

I understand that a quick recovery setting has been added for large losses of transports, but I still think that losses in battles do not mean anything. I see that the loss of dozens of transports between turns causes much more damage than hundreds sunk in battles.

8 minutes ago, Lima said:

The situation on the next move is even more funny. They lost 25 transports in battles and 6 between turns. However:

900132.jpg

I understand that a quick recovery setting has been added for large losses of transports, but I still think that losses in battles do not mean anything. I see that the loss of dozens of transports between turns causes much more damage than hundreds sunk in battles.

If you do not add money for transport capacity then you should see the impact of loss, I guess.

1 minute ago, Nick Thomadis said:

I mean you set zero funds for Transport Capacity growth, then in the next turn the loss would be more noticeable.

Do I need to artificially set values for AI? I would prefer not to do this to avoid bugs. I think the situation can be seen without this.

The thing is that the loss of, say, 20 transports between turns will be noticeable, and if the same number of transports are sunk in battles, it will have no effect.

SPain volunteered to illustrate, so...

SPain TC before fights 

TRC1.jpg

These are 45 transports lost in battles.

2023-02-20-01-11-09.png

2023-02-20-01-03-50.png

2023-02-20-01-17-29.png

This is SPain TC at the next turn - no effect. 45 lost transports is just nothing.

TRC2.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lima said:

Do I need to artificially set values for AI? I would prefer not to do this to avoid bugs. I think the situation can be seen without this.

The thing is that the loss of, say, 20 transports between turns will be noticeable, and if the same number of transports are sunk in battles, it will have no effect.

SPain volunteered to illustrate, so...

SPain TC before fights 

TRC1.jpg

These are 45 transports lost in battles.

2023-02-20-01-11-09.png

2023-02-20-01-03-50.png

2023-02-20-01-17-29.png

This is SPain TC at the next turn - no effect. 45 lost transports is just nothing.

TRC2.jpg

Hmm, we will double check. Ok thanks.

• Like 5

I really hope they will release a new patch soon to fix the really crazy gun penetration values, as it stands I wanted to play this game last weekend but the game in it's current state really isn't playable, there is no difference between a 1 inch armored ship and a 16 inch armored ship. 

Guns are still locking up all the time too, if there isn't going to be a patch for a couple weeks (according to the steam post) can we at least revert to 1.2.0. This is just unplayable.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Deathbringer221 said:

I really hope they will release a new patch soon to fix the really crazy gun penetration values, as it stands I wanted to play this game last weekend but the game in it's current state really isn't playable, there is no difference between a 1 inch armored ship and a 16 inch armored ship. 

Guns are still locking up all the time too, if there isn't going to be a patch for a couple weeks (according to the steam post) can we at least revert to 1.2.0. This is just unplayable.

Yeah, I'm waiting to play again.  I  pop on here every few days to see if anyone's posted "My turrets aren't sticking and pen finally works!" and no one has yet.  Guess I'll keep waiting.

My main issue right now is more a balance question. I know that you sink ships by letting water in the bottom, not air in the top. However, it seems like the "Modern CL" hull is a bit imbalanced: a torpedo or two will light them up like a firecracker or sink them in moments, but it boggles the mind that they can somehow endure 20k+ in damage from dozens of 12"+ gun hits, and still somehow be hanging in there at 1% structure and 99% floatability.

I know Savo Island happened the way it did, I know how the Indianapolis sank, and I know cruisers in general don't get all the anti-torpedo goodies that capital ships do. But is there any historical precedent for cruisers taking that much punishment from artillery? Especially when the Modern CAs seem to be so resilient to torpedoes, relatively speaking, while not seemingly tanking BC/BB caliber guns any better than the CLs.

Edited by Dave P.