Game-Labs Forum

Mega mod!

Sapphire

On 11/4/2022 at 4:51 AM, Sapphire said:

I'll be updating it before the end of this month. I'm waiting for the devs to further fix 1.9 as I don't want to need to update this mod each and every little bug fix 

Are all the changes in this mod csv tweaks? If so, you might consider implementing it as a differential patch affecting specific csv values. That is what I have done for my personal tweaks, so I just rerun my script after each update.

On 11/9/2022 at 3:35 PM, UncleAi said:

I hope can reduce radio and radar weight. The XX% tower weight is ridiculous. 

Well, minesweeping and depth charges are a fixed weight and not any sort of percentage, so there's hope the devs finally do something about it.  Yes, this means its going to be a lot easier to mount a radar set on a BB than a destroyer but guess what?  That's exactly how it was IRL.  American radar picket destroyers even removed their torpedoes to free up weight for the biggest radars but oh... we need those on all of our destroyers in the game.

Edited by SpardaSon21

On 11/17/2022 at 3:38 PM, Himbeereule said:

Would you mind sharing which entries in resources.assets are of interest for these tweaks, so that others can delve into modding this game as well?

sapphire already answered that for me. they will be making a tutorial on how to do it by next month

• Like 2

On 11/18/2022 at 11:31 PM, Nickthenuker said:

Do you think you could make quadruple turrets for 9-12 inch guns? The base game for some reason doesn't have them. 

i beleve this is a modeling thing and i dont think sapphire knows how to do that. Mainly because you would have to make the game realise there is a fourth barrel, then make the game model that fourth barrel without it being placed wrong or floating, then make the game realise that the fourth barrel is functional and can shoot, then you have to make the game shoot all four barrels properly without the gun not bugging out (i.e only the fourth barrel rotating or not rotating, the gun firing all barrels not just 1-3 or just #4) its a long process that is very difficult because its adding a whole new feature to the game rather than modifying one thats already there (as four barrel tech for the smaller big guns doesnt exist in game). 

Im not answering for them im just using the knowledge of what they do so they have something to quote and say this is right or wrong because of this or that. 

Sapphire can correct me if im wrong and ill be glad to accept that im wrong but in any event this is just here to be a quote so that they dont have to type it.

On 11/21/2022 at 10:06 AM, Mundus_Dog said:

i beleve this is a modeling thing and i dont think sapphire knows how to do that. Mainly because you would have to make the game realise there is a fourth barrel, then make the game model that fourth barrel without it being placed wrong or floating, then make the game realise that the fourth barrel is functional and can shoot, then you have to make the game shoot all four barrels properly without the gun not bugging out (i.e only the fourth barrel rotating or not rotating, the gun firing all barrels not just 1-3 or just #4) its a long process that is very difficult because its adding a whole new feature to the game rather than modifying one thats already there (as four barrel tech for the smaller big guns doesnt exist in game). 

Im not answering for them im just using the knowledge of what they do so they have something to quote and say this is right or wrong because of this or that. 

Sapphire can correct me if im wrong and ill be glad to accept that im wrong but in any event this is just here to be a quote so that they dont have to type it.

I know how to model, the issue is the fact you can't import models into UAD. I've tried and it just doesn't work. In order to add more barrels you'd need access to the assembly files which we don't have access to. 

On 11/17/2022 at 4:38 PM, Himbeereule said:

Would you mind sharing which entries in resources.assets are of interest for these tweaks, so that others can delve into modding this game as well?

Best to stick with save file editing tbh, this method of modding causes a lotof if issues with 1.9. 

13 hours ago, Himbeereule said:

You could still share how to do it. Maybe someone will figure out a method that works better with 1.9

The easiest way is to directly edit the resources.assets in a high quality text editing program like notepad++ or sed. The trick is, you have to make absolutely 100% sure that each csv has the *exact* same size in bytes. With the better text editors, this just means making sure the number of characters in each csv is the same. i.e. if you remove a character, you need to add another one elsewhere in the csv.

I assume the way sapphire is doing it involves actually unpacking the asset file, modifying the csvs, and creating a new asset file. This allows for much more involved edits, but is more difficult.

On 11/23/2022 at 11:58 AM, Sapphire said:

I know how to model, the issue is the fact you can't import models into UAD. I've tried and it just doesn't work. In order to add more barrels you'd need access to the assembly files which we don't have access to. 

Does harmony not work with UAD?

EDIT: Which csv lines have to be edited to allow CAs to use 12in guns?

Edited by anonusername

• 2 weeks later...

This mod is really cool. i like the way you change guns, and regenerate equipment faster, changing the means of transport is also essential thank you for this, i saw on Tech Loky they also have some mod changes very good, can you refer to and improve these changes in your mod next time?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2023 at 1:26 AM, thejimyyy said:

can you increase the max gun and hull size to infinate ? so we can build almost everything . i want to build a h35 whit the 800 mm gustav gun : P 

No and No, the game has a hard cap of tonnage at 1 million and starts to act up at 500,000 tons. Gun size can't be changed either and I'm not going through the effort of redoing the accuracy file. 

23 hours ago, Atarugolan said:

Hello all, 

Nobody know if the Mod work anymore or that can get update, and also where to download? the link not work anymore

Giving 1.10 was just released no there isn't an update. In addition, any mod update will be on my discord server so I can collect feedback and bug reports much easier. 

On 12/12/2022 at 9:59 PM, Dell Holley said:

This mod is really cool. i like the way you change guns, and regenerate equipment faster, changing the means of transport is also essential thank you for this, i saw on Tech Loky they also have some mod changes very good, can you refer to and improve these changes in your mod next time?

Tech Loky doesn't offer UAD mods, believe you got the wrong game. No, I won't be making UAD into an APK that'd require me to recreate the game, and then I'd get DCMA'd by game labs. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2023 at 12:26 AM, Sapphire said:

No and No, the game has a hard cap of tonnage at 1 million and starts to act up at 500,000 tons. Gun size can't be changed either and I'm not going through the effort of redoing the accuracy file. 

Giving 1.10 was just released no there isn't an update. In addition, any mod update will be on my discord server so I can collect feedback and bug reports much easier. 

How can we join your discord server to get new updates?

On 12/18/2022 at 1:12 PM, baneblade22161 said:

hello, Apparently the link is dead, it is impossible to download the mods

That's because all old versions are outdated hence me removing the DL links. 

On 1/21/2023 at 2:32 AM, Atarugolan said:

Hello all, 

Nobody know if the Mod work anymore or that can get update, and also where to download? the link not work anymore

There is no mod update. I moved on from modding UAD. Mainly due to how the shareholders and the devs are doing things. 

On 2/2/2023 at 1:08 AM, kagami777 said:

How can we join your discord server to get new updates?

The code is: dcemaaBJeu 

You can also find modding help and a short guide there on how to mod UAD 

Well I tried going onto your server was basically thrown out by Altdentifier

On 2/3/2023 at 8:24 AM, Sapphire said:

That's because all old versions are outdated hence me removing the DL links. 

There is no mod update. I moved on from modding UAD. Mainly due to how the shareholders and the devs are doing things. 

The code is: dcemaaBJeu 

You can also find modding help and a short guide there on how to mod UAD 

I feel uncomfortable to do verification through that system. Appears to me that it marked my Discord account suspicious despite I've had my Discord account since 2016.