Game-Labs Forum

Mega mod!

Sapphire

Finally, a mod that combines all the features of my other mods into 1..... The mega pack. Designed to keep you on your toes throughout a campaign and in custom battles, this mega mod aim's to provide a more challenging gameplay environment.

Features 

• Gun length, diameter changed (max length: 70 min: -100) (Diameter: 2.9) 
  • Tech: If tech is late by 5 years it's boosted 5x 
  • Increased crew modifier
  • Changed AI legendary GPD income multiplier 
  • Changed how long the shipyard takes to upgrade from 24 months to 16
  • Max tonnage built per upgrade in the shipyard
  • The research tree will show research times 
  • AI will now refit more often 
  • AP fire chance is reduced slightly 
  • You can now decline a peace offer and keep a war going (No more pesky government) 
  • Super BB hull 2 for countries that offer it, tonnage is increased with beam and draft. 
  • Countries that don't have a super BB hull 2, their Super BB hull 1 is increased instead
  • DD leader hulls can now go from 500 tons to their usual max tonnage
  • DDs can mount up to 12-inch guns (Destroyer leader hulls only!) 
  • DDs torpedo requirement has been removed 
  • TBs are now able to be built until you retire 
  • TBs can mount up to 5 inchers 
  • Transports will now mount larger caliber guns 
  • Transports always mount a minimum of 5 guns and a max of 15  
  • Transports can spawn longer and heavier than before. 
  • Transports are now controllable 
  • Transports now have up to 5 inches of armor 
  • MK V guns are now able to be mounted in the custom battles 
  • Only 1 gun is needed per hull 
  • Other goodies

Known issues: 

• Making gun length -100 makes the barrel disappear (Applies to all guns although some have issues even at -85) 
  • Shell disappears midflight when having shorter barrels (Increase length of barrel to fix)
  • The same bug that armor values once had (Open and close the editor and it should be fixed)
  • Italian 11-incher has a bugged reload when barrel length is at 50% or higher (shorten barrel length to fix) 
  • Casemate diameter to +2.9 does not noticeably change penetration 
  • DDs with larger caliber guns with long barrels have a bugged reload (shorten barrel length to fix) 
  • TRs sometimes spawn with nothing but the hull (No idea how to fix it)

To install: download the file, go to your (Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts_Data) folder and copy this file and click replace. (If you want to easily revert make a backup of resources.assets first!) Any bugs you encounter do not report to the devs instead feel free to leave a comment or ping me on the UAD official discord server Sapphire#0616

To uninstall: Delete the resources.assets file and replace with a backup or delete it and verify through steam 

Download link: https://dl.orangedox.com/GCoks0AXWDziFmz2PJ

unknown.png

Edited by Sapphire
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've got a few questions. First do you plan on enlarging the maximum caliber of light and heavy cruiser guns, and if so how large are you planning on making them? Also would it be possible/feasible to make barbettes freely placeable?

Also after a bit of messing around I've noticed that stats are affected quite oddly by an increase in size over 1.1 inches. For a 2 inch Mk 1 gun with a barrel length increased by 60% at 2.9 inches results in 19% accuracy, bring it to 3 inches and it is 33%, bring it to 4 and its 33%, 4.1 results in 44%, 4.9 results in 44% as well. I tested this all out on the same cruiser hull.

Edited by EatingAlloy

17 hours ago, EatingAlloy said:

I've got a few questions. First do you plan on enlarging the maximum caliber of light and heavy cruiser guns, and if so how large are you planning on making them? Also would it be possible/feasible to make barbettes freely placeable?

Also after a bit of messing around I've noticed that stats are affected quite oddly by an increase in size over 1.1 inches. For a 2 inch Mk 1 gun with a barrel length increased by 60% at 2.9 inches results in 19% accuracy, bring it to 3 inches and it is 33%, bring it to 4 and its 33%, 4.1 results in 44%, 4.9 results in 44% as well. I tested this all out on the same cruiser hull.

I might enlarge the maximum caliber if users are interested in it.  I suppose I could increase the heavy cruiser to 15 and the light to 10. As for barbettes, I believe it would require editing the hull models, which is too risky with this upcoming update so close. As diameter changes, it's a known issue as the game gets a little funky with adding more diameter compared to the length 

2 hours ago, The ArduousMoth said:

Hi, was wondering if this also works on the steam version of the game, since i run the game off steam

It does indeed, the launcher version no longer is updated to the current version of the game. The easiest way to find the game files is to go into steam right click on Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts hover over managed and click on browse local files and go into Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts_Data folder and drop the mod in and click replace