Game-Labs Forum

I am outraged

Hardlec

I have been trying to bring my enemy to battle.  Finally made it happen. I put 3 task forces right outside the port the computer was holed up in, each TF had more ships than the whole enemy navy.

The battle was mandatory.  No chance to withdraw.  Decided to "fight it out" as a battle, not auto resolve.  I knew it would be close.

ALL MY SHIPS WERE DAMAGED BEFORE THE BATTLE BEGAN.

ALL MY SHIPS were reduced to 75% structure.  One ship in each division had irreparable rudder damage.  The DD's had one ship in each division with rudder damage AND one different ship with one engine out, and only able to make 2/3 max speed.

BUT!!!

If I disengage, I lose, as all the damage the computer assigned me before the battle started is counted against me in victory points when the scenario is over.

Stop this.  Don't offer excuses.  Don't offer sophistry.  Do not put damaged ships in the OOB unless they are listed as such before the battle begins, and the human player may decide to leave damaged ships out of the fight.

• Sad 4

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Hardlec said:

Neither problem has been addressed.

ok your going to have to be more specific as for me they are fixed. the fleets very clearly say on them what damage a ship has suffered and whether they have ammo or not etc. what version of the game are you running?

On 1/13/2023 at 10:00 AM, Hardlec said:

Neither problem has been addressed.

It's been addressed in the latest beta version.  1.9.3 still has the bug, but if you enable the beta version on Steam that will solve this particular issue.  Ship damage is consistent from the end of one battle to the beginning of the next.

Edited by Heet

• 4 weeks later...

I still get damaged ships in my task force unknown to me until combat starts.

I still get damage done before the battle counted against me in VP.

I still can't select ships to stay out of a fight. So I still have 18 knot BBs with my 30 knot BCs trying to catch 22 knot cruisers.

7 hours ago, Hardlec said:

I still get damaged ships in my task force unknown to me until combat starts.

I still get damage done before the battle counted against me in VP.

I still can't select ships to stay out of a fight. So I still have 18 knot BBs with my 30 knot BCs trying to catch 22 knot cruisers.

It's amazing how many times they "fix" the exact same bug...

On 2/14/2023 at 12:41 AM, Littorio said:

It's amazing how many times they "fix" the exact same bug...

Almost as like they don't even run A (singular) custom battle before rolling out the patch. Since I can find out everything that's wrong in literally 5 mins.