Game-Labs Forum

What do you want the Devs to expand first?

SiWi

What do you want the devs to expand First?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want the devs to expand First?

• Add new Nations first
    • Expand the map but keep only Germany and UK playable first
  2. 2. If more nations, which one have piority

• France
    • Russia
    • USA
    • Japan
    • China
    • Italy
    • Spain
    • Austria Hungary
    • Minior non playable nation as enemies only

Hallo,

The devs seem to try to keep a good pace with new contend. Which leads to the question what do you think they should do first?

As I see it, they could either add new nation to be playable (I think they should chose to add France and Russia at the same go to keep the balance better as if they only add one), or they would make the map bigger, adding the colonies of Uk and Germany first before making any other nation playable.

Both approaches have advantages.

One helps to focus better on the existing features and the general battle/fleet features, while the other gives chance to test and try diplomacy and adds mor eplay vuable to the game.

Which one do you prefer?

And if you chose nations, which one(s) should they add first?

Focus on the existing mechanics with just two countries. That's the purpose of a beta: to figure out everything that can go wrong and work out all the kinks before expanding. Opening up to other nations will just muddle the water (pun intended) and likely introduce new issues such as the AI generator trying to start three-way fleet battles. I can just imagine the chaos something like that would do to starting positions which are still being optimized.

In short - though I would love some expansion, as would most players, it's not the right time to do that yet. Add more of the base mechanics: finish the tech trees, add actual task forces and patrol zones, develop merchants a bit more, get mines and subs started, etc. That said - if it had to be a country I would vote for Russia right now - only to give Germany some use for it's Baltic ports finally. France has more models, but I think it makes a better 4th addition to the game. I would love to vote for Italy but we are nowhere near the Med yet :(

Edited by Littorio

The problem is with keeping it to Uk vs Germany is that A) expanding the map punished germany more then vice versa and B ) many important campaign features, diplomacy, peace treaties ect, can't be tested with only 2 nations and lastly there is the problem that playing wise having more nation adds more fun gameplay then playing the same 2 to the 50th times after an new update.

As nations expansions goes, I would pick Russia and France at the same time, because if we pick only russia, then Germany, the harder campaign right now can become impossible. Having 2 enemy's (one which most likely only can reach germany) while the UK would have only one could tipp the balance too much.

France would balance this somewhat out.

The second option, but also include russia and france in as the next two nations. (Russia to test out longer range mechanics and new mechanics and france for extra nation that can you play in close proximity with the other two).

Then shortly followed by the USA and italy.

2 hours ago, Somhairle said:

I am one.  😁

We need Italy first for that methinks. Though when they do, I wouldn't be surprised to see both added together. So it would be Russia/France first, Italy/AH second, US/Japan third, and China/Spain last to round out the East and West.

12 hours ago, Littorio said:

LOL I just wanna know who is voting for Austria-Hungary at this stage 😆

Me!

AH is one of the fun nations in both RTW (in campaign terms) and UAD (in terms of ship design).

On the campaign side, you start with zero/minimal colonies. In fact, you can usually punch far above your weight because you only focus on the Med while everybody else has to diversify. Also, because of your zero commitments, you are very open to any allies you want. Do you want Germany which doesn't have any Med interests? Do you want France which can pincer Italy? Do you want Italy as your brother? The force multiplier for allied Italy is insane, btw. Your fleets can easily cover each other, and both fleets concentrated, you reign supreme on the Med (unless GB and US ally and decide to force the Med; however, most campaign AI isn't that creative). With the campaign map being expanded and peace time events being added in the patch after 1.03, AH would be a great nation to add because it would be an awesome testbed of how you can play UAD.

On the ship design side, AH has a very balanced roster, but above all, they are monsters to actually sink. Most AH hulls are very tough in their class because of boosted resistance stats. Plus their mixture of generic and other nations models of various components means you get a lot of freedom and a very interesting look (which I think looks very, very nice, but that's personal opinion).

• Like 1

I don’t see what is gained by such incrementalism.  Actually will delay campaign development by generating useless (in context of final campaign) feedback.  Lack of art assets can’t possibly be an actual barrier to implementation of other nations as Britain and Germany have only a fraction of what would be needed for a fully fleshed out campaign.