Game-Labs Forum

Please just give us any kind of info

T_the_ferret

Seriously, please. It is so needed right now to maintain momentum and a healthy community around the game. Any info would do, just do a weekly thing where you say you're still working on it, hell, do a monthly cleanup/announcement of what you're working on with some pics. Take ten or fifteen minute every month to keep everyone updated. Don't fall further into bad community behavior.

Everyone's getting tired of it, hell even Stealth17 is getting tired of it. You can't have your community and your biggest source of advertisement publically keep saying that kind of thing. So just take ten minutes of your day to announce a monthly roundup of info and then every month ten more minutes to get it done. Its really not that hard and it'll placate everyone

• Like 11

All we need is one line, once a week

Just saying:, Busing week we will keep you in touch t next week. Or  Game is progressing more to come.

This is enough... We do not ask much, but 1 message every 2 months is a joke.

12 minutes ago, Commander Reed said:

I guarantee this will not gain the developers attention. If it does, consider me corrected and shocked. But even then, I doubt they will act on this. 

Either way, don't get me wrong, I support this.

I totally agree with you, but sometime, I hope they will, and they understood that a good communication will help them also.

Edited by AdmER
  • Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 11:46 AM, T_the_ferret said:

Seriously, please. It is so needed right now to maintain momentum and a healthy community around the game. Any info would do, just do a weekly thing where you say you're still working on it, hell, do a monthly cleanup/announcement of what you're working on with some pics. Take ten or fifteen minute every month to keep everyone updated. Don't fall further into bad community behavior.

Everyone's getting tired of it, hell even Stealth17 is getting tired of it. You can't have your community and your biggest source of advertisement publically keep saying that kind of thing. So just take ten minutes of your day to announce a monthly roundup of info and then every month ten more minutes to get it done. Its really not that hard and it'll placate everyone

I browse the forums to see if there's a news and the first thread has my name in it. I'm honored :).

It's so sad to see how Dreadnoughts just isn't moving at all. Maybe it is, behind the scenes. I've given the devs a lot of benefit of the doubt, but I'm still seeing issues with the game that were there a year or more ago. 

And like you write: even a line of "we're working on this, next week working on XYZ" would help. Even though I don't play it anymore, Stormworks was really good at this. Back in August I published a video on how I wish they would improve communications. 3 months later and here we are. No news, no info, no communications, nothing.

As much as I want to like the game and the potential that it has I'm growing more and more critical. As a content creator you can only cover a game like this so much before it grows stale. I don't want to toot my own horn, but I might have the biggest viewership for Dreadnoughts. Or maybe I should say had, because my audience just doesn't care about the videos I make on Dreadnoughts anymore.

• Like 3

Yeah, i dont know at this point too be fair. If most of the patient peeps are starting to get fed or sick of it then it doesn't bode well. I, havent posted ages in my harbour section due to the hassle of uploading images and the lack of motivation to do so (plus posting on other platforms too).

Honestly i'm probably gonna drop entirely soon. Can't bother to care anymore. Before that i thought the devs were just totally silent everywhere, but its not even just that. They answer on the Steam Forums. How hello kittying ridiculous is that.

If any marketing/communication guy reads this. You should be ashamed. You can't even update people on your own forums but you got time to damage control the steam forums for whenever you want more money for this underbaked, overhyped game.

Its not just we're being ignored entirely, we're being selectively and purposefully ignored, with whatever info we can get having to be gleamed from Steam. I can't care at all anymore.

To the actual devs and programmers that work on this game, you've done an amazing job. I can't thank you enough for what you did manage to give us. I've been here since 2019 and now i finally understand its very probably not your fault, its the fault of those over you and those that communicate with you. I wish you all the best in the future, and i hope that whatever happens you can find a better job somewhere else, or at least gain better conditions. 

To any marketing/producer guy that reads this: Get bent. You're a shame on this industry. I hope whenever blame has to be placed after this game's disappointing performance it rightfully falls on you, and not on people under you as it does for so many other development studios

Seeing a studio fall so far from being a promising indie with amazing games to another early access factory grindfest meant to milk whatever consumer base they gained with goodwill is disgusting and i hope it either reforms and finally finds its way or fails entirely so better indies can take the space you've wasted.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stealth17 said:

I browse the forums to see if there's a news and the first thread has my name in it. I'm honored :).

It's so sad to see how Dreadnoughts just isn't moving at all. Maybe it is, behind the scenes. I've given the devs a lot of benefit of the doubt, but I'm still seeing issues with the game that were there a year or more ago. 

And like you write: even a line of "we're working on this, next week working on XYZ" would help. Even though I don't play it anymore, Stormworks was really good at this. Back in August I published a video on how I wish they would improve communications. 3 months later and here we are. No news, no info, no communications, nothing.

As much as I want to like the game and the potential that it has I'm growing more and more critical. As a content creator you can only cover a game like this so much before it grows stale. I don't want to toot my own horn, but I might have the biggest viewership for Dreadnoughts. Or maybe I should say had, because my audience just doesn't care about the videos I make on Dreadnoughts anymore.

I still care about your Dreadnoughts videos, but at this point its purely out of it being one of yours. Only reason i come to watch is Stealth17, not Dreadnoughts. It still gave me a lot to watch and enjoy in term of content so i'd just like to thank you for sticking to it so much, even if its sad how it ended up being

• Like 1

21 hours ago, brucesim2003 said:

Storm Eagle Studios Mk 2 ... though at least they released a couple of games before abandoning their forum.

They brought their site back earlier this year… only to abandon it.

Why they won’t bring their games to Steam and insist on their own weird DRM, I couldn’t say. It’s infuriating lol.