Game-Labs Forum

Is the Campaign going to be like monopoly?

So as the title says, I dont know what is the Campaign going to be like. What will even be going on? Does it have story paths? Will the Campaign actually be like monopoly?

Can anyone please tell me? I am clueless.

UA:D attracted me because of recreating my favourite historical Ships and stimulative combat. I am not interested in a monopoly game.

Edited by Elrerune

According to both dev statements and datamine, I think it's safe to say that the campaign will be similar to the Rule the Waves series. Certainly not an identical copy---there are already differences in constants, formulas, and algorithms---but I would be surprised if they made a major pivot away from this style.

On 6/19/2021 at 8:50 PM, Elrerune The Honorbound said:

Does it have story paths?

If it progresses as I expect above, there is no prewritten "story" as such. The overworld is more of a grand strategy game, more complicated than Risk but less complicated than e.g. Victoria 2. Watch some videos of Rule the Waves 2 to get a rough idea of what I think you can expect. 

Edited by Evil4Zerggin
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Evil4Zerggin said:

According to both dev statements and datamine, I think it's safe to say that the campaign will be similar to the Rule the Waves series. Certainly not an identical copy---there are already differences in constants, formulas, and algorithms---but I would be surprised if they made a major pivot away from this style.

If it progresses as I expect above, there is no prewritten "story" as such. The overworld is more of a grand strategy game, more complicated than Risk but less complicated than e.g. Victoria 2. Watch some videos of Rule the Waves 2 to get a rough idea of what I think you can expect. 

That seems like a pretty fair assumption I'd say. That's kinda what I was thinking too, where the game was more along the lines of "grand strategy" where the decisions you make outside of combat itself (like the diplomacy feature that is supposed to influence your gameplay i.e. foreign relations, naval budget, etc) and maybe a few random events thrown in throughout such as oil shortages or economic events would force you to think about how you need to adapt your strategy and tactics, or whether you need to adapt at all

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Wowzery said:

Is there any idea when this part of the game will come out? 

nope.

its suppose to be the next update. But that isn't saying much as they don't have a steady rhythm to release updates and they did postpone it in the past.

honestly, if you want it for the campaign, don't buy it till they Release the campaign. I mean you still can have a lot of fun, kicking 1890 ironclad puppies with your 1940 super heavy battleships with quod 20 inch guns, but without campaign there is not context to give it meaning and the academy are very random in difficulty and more puzll+luck then anything else.