Game-Labs Forum

Forum medals and ranks to promote good behavior and such.

I did something like this on another forum, but it was a ton of work.

I would, however, like to see forum ranks above Lieutenant.  Maybe something like:

0-10 Landsman
10-50 Ordinary Seaman
50-100 Able Seaman
100-250 Midshipman
250-500 Lieutenant
500-1000 Commander
1000-2000 Post Captain
2000-3000 Commodore
3000-4000 Rear Admiral
4000-5000 Vice Admiral
5000+ Admiral
  • Like 2

I did something like this on another forum, but it was a ton of work.

I would, however, like to see forum ranks above Lieutenant.  Maybe something like:

0-10 Landsman
10-50 Ordinary Seaman
50-100 Able Seaman
100-250 Midshipman
250-500 Lieutenant
500-1000 Commander
1000-2000 Post Captain
2000-3000 Commodore
3000-4000 Rear Admiral
4000-5000 Vice Admiral
5000+ Admiral

This would work. Devs could also award active players with unique medals etc. Example, testers, 3d modelers, forum moderators, researchers etc... could be fun.

• Like 1

i think this will force some guys to just spam one liners into some threads, without any real interest. Like post an answer which already was posted 1 site ago, but they did not read that...

I'm normaly a quit reader, but some Topics are just floded by posts, and all i was about to say just got mentioned before... and i dont see a need to repost things already said.

Also there is already a Post counter which tells that the User is an active user/replyer of the Forum.

I don't think a progression system is needed on forums. We don't need posts for the sake of increasing post counts. People interested in huge forums will come and stay, others will pass it by.

No need to waste time in forums when the game is in need of a lot of dev time in the next year or two

What of a nomination system. Sure, it can be gamed... But again, we have moderators for that.

I post lots... But in some respects "less is more".

Where manipulation is bound it happen? If there is any system is has to be unbiased as to who is getting the award or title or whatever pixels make people feel better. Otherwise some people will have pages full of stuff and others will have none despite having as many posts or ideas or whatever it is based on. Anything that alienates part of the player base or forum goer base is not really good or necessary.

Not to mention most people here HATE progression of any sort so the fact that this would gain any traction is surprising and maybe a little, well, hypo.. oh nevermind  :rolleyes: . But then again there is crew progression but that's just hidden progression that every one said they disliked... oh nevermind.