Game-Labs Forum

HMS Bellerophon (1786)

Mass

Im very intrested in those 74s and the reason is that they have so much more soul in my mind than the 1st rates and the Bellerophon is the finest British ship out there but i know the ship list is long but i have made a long list about to get more french or get the Téméraire-class ship of the line because she is the type of my favorite ship the Redoutable and the Bellerophon catches my eye just as the Redoutable does and if there is a ship that i think is as worthy as the Téméraire to come to the game it must be this i know there already is Bellona but this could be another British alternative when its later in the game and i could post some pictures of Bellerophon to get you all in love with the beauty. ;3

The thing i want to see is this or Téméraire so if somone has made somthing like this in those programs i would be happy to see one made. please.. :D

post-10002-0-55446400-1423764459_thumb.jpg

post-10002-0-32359600-1423764501_thumb.jpg

post-10002-0-58243000-1423764921_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

The Arrogant class ships were designed as a development of Slade's previous Bellona class, sharing the same basic dimensions. During this period, the original armament was the same across all the ships of the common class, of which the Arrogant class ships were members. Two ships were ordered on 13 December 1758 to this design (as the same time as the fourth and fifth units of the Bellona class), and a further ten ships were built to a slightly modified version of the Arrogant design from 1773 onwards.

so basicly same as bellona and from the same shipbuilder/designer

Arrogant_Class.jpg

The body plan, sheer lines, and longitudinal half-breadth for building Cornwall (1761), Arrogant (1761), and Kent (1762), and later for Defence (1763), Edgar (1779), Goliath (1781),Vanguard (1787), Excellent (1787), Saturn (1786), Elephant (1786), Illustrious (1789), Bellerophon (1786), Zealous (1785), and Audacious (1785), all 74-gun Third Rate, two-deckers.

Are you sure that top picture is the Bellona? Looks like a later ship to me...

This plan is for the Bellona.

Ty4QHtr.jpg

Very nearly identical to the Arrogant class, you'd have a hard time telling them apart. As has been mentioned in this thread the only real difference was in underwater hull shape (variation between classes as Slade experimented with different hull lines)

The problem with 74 gun ships is that any of them are probably not going to different enough from the existing 74, the Bellona.

My vote would actually be to add a 90 gun 2nd rate ship of the line, not another 3rd rate 74 gun ship.

Your probably right, at least for the initial ships selection.  Still I think adding in several 74-gun ships from different nationalities at some point is a good idea.  Someone I'm sure is going to want to be a purist roleplayer and only want to use English, French, Spanish, etc ships.

the problem is that every ship after the original french one is a copy of a copy's copy 

only the later ones where the decks are flat and not curved but these are past the 1820 time around 1830+

i would only take the 74's wich have a complet diffrent stern designe for telling them apart.

Are you sure that top picture is the Bellona? Looks like a later ship to me...

This plan is for the Bellona.

Ty4QHtr.jpg

Very nearly identical to the Arrogant class, you'd have a hard time telling them apart. As has been mentioned in this thread the only real difference was in underwater hull shape (variation between classes as Slade experimented with different hull lines)

Thanks, I linked the wrong plan.