Game-Labs Forum

Access for standard edition backers

Rak1445

As it appears that the Steam release is pushed back to the end of Summer, I feel it would it be fair to allow standard edition (beta) backers to receive access to the current Alpha version as a compensation. This way, they can contribute to the development and alpha testing, and enjoy the game as early as first half of 2020, as promised. Would such a course of action be possible?

image.png.3be93002f1ab2195133c8029cabbb70b.png

Edited by Rak1445
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Rak1445 said:

As it appears that the Steam release is pushed back to the end of Summer, I feel it would it be fair to allow standard edition (beta) backers to receive access to the current Alpha version as a compensation. This way, they can contribute to the development and alpha testing, and enjoy the game as early as first half of 2020, as promised. Would such a course of action be possible?

image.png.3be93002f1ab2195133c8029cabbb70b.png

Yes.
Every purchaser will receive the steam key in the near future (before the official steam launch). ETA unknown and is not guaranteed, but it will definitely happen before the steam release

• Like 1

Good news! Thank you.

However it's still a bit vague -  it can be tomorrow or in two months. I understand that many things are yet to be settled, but I feel that should the Steam keys be delayed more than a month, access to the current Alpha launcher would be a good temporary alternative to meet us halfway...

• Like 2

I cannot understand people wanting "compensation".

It's an alpha, everyone buying into it knew this. Even if a Steam release in the first half of this year was suggested, everyone knows that games get postponed during development. I'd like for it to be available sooner rather than later, but I don't feel the need for them to "compensate" me.

I am more disappointed with not being able to play the campaign so far. I'd relish it, even if it was still rudimentary and/or buggy.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kadm said:

"Compensation" -> Go and demand a chargeback. 

Damn entitled *****.

Maybe you haven't noticed but the world is going to the crapper and that will affect the development of the game. 

Hey man, we run a decently tight community around here, no need to be screeching at people over nothing.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kadm said:

"Compensation" -> Go and demand a chargeback. 

Damn entitled *****.

Maybe you haven't noticed but the world is going to the crapper and that will affect the development of the game. 

Hey, easy, fella! No need to be so rude. 

Btw this is how you look saying things like that now:

How Dare You! ✊🇨🇱 (@howdareyou2020) | Twitter

You're welcome!

• Like 2