Game-Labs Forum

Patrol Zone - National playercounter + more variety

A small addition I'd like to see is an indicator of how many players of each nation currently are in the Patrol Zone. Often you go there alone or in a small group hoping to get a quick fight but find nothing.

That should motivate players to form up and leave port for a quick fight if they saw nation XY is in the patrol zone with 10 players.

Maybe have a seperate counter for Solo Patrol.

------------------------

Additionally I think there needs to be a dedicated 7th / 6th rate Patrol, plus a 5th rate Patrol - So ships like the trinc / Endy / Prince / ... don't just all keep collecting dust in the docks :)

• Like 7

As a fan of the Patrol Zone, yes, we definitely need one for 6th and 7th. I'd rather use a Privateer for 1v1 2v2 instead of that stupid mess of 25v25 in PBs... same for other little ships, which I never tried because they weren't worth it. 

More types of patrol zone = more variety 

• Like 1

So patrol zones, teleport in port battles, no screening, all resorces in one port so no trading, ... and then what? So what do we do with the open world? I'm just asking, is this game transforming from an open world sandbox game into a battle rooms game?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MassimoSud said:

So patrol zones, teleport in port battles, no screening, all resorces in one port so no trading, ... and then what? So what do we do with the open world? I'm just asking, is this game transforming from an open world sandbox game into a battle rooms game?

No.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Liq said:

A small addition I'd like to see is an indicator of how many players of each nation currently are in the Patrol Zone. Often you go there alone or in a small group hoping to get a quick fight but find nothing.

That should motivate players to form up and leave port for a quick fight if they saw nation XY is in the patrol zone with 10 players.

Do you not think that this will prevent some players going to the patrol zone. e.g. you log on and want to go to the PZ but see that it has 20 players from one nation in there, do you go there if you cannot gather enough players or do you just not bother?

The problem with the patrol zone in my opinion is the massive groups.

Pirates and Russians will always be there with groups of 10+ and just zerg you so you hardly get damage off. Pointless me crafting a ship to go PZ if I'm just gonna get tagged by a large group.

Fix the issue with zerging and PZ will be a lot more fun.

Edited by ashley

3 hours ago, Archaos said:

Do you not think that this will prevent some players going to the patrol zone. e.g. you log on and want to go to the PZ but see that it has 20 players from one nation in there, do you go there if you cannot gather enough players or do you just not bother?

Perhaps

But could also motivate players across nations to group up and take on a nation with a large amount of players in the zone forever

Since PZ RoE got fixed (dont get me wrong I think current RoE are 1000x better than the 20 min open for everyone no matter the BR) we tend to mostly just get smaller engagements. This might help getting larger ones aswell

• Like 1