Game-Labs Forum

Tailor made barbettes for guns

Tycondero

Considering that we only have a fixed amount of limited choices for (larger) caliber guns and all turrets of a specified caliber have the same size. Would it perhaps be possible to have a system in the main gun section that ties the specific turret together with a matching barbette? Atm we only have a couple of barbette choices, which esthetically do not match with certain calibers very well. I feel that in most cases just resizing the barbette designs already in the game would work well to quickly implement such a chance.

Edited by Tycondero
  • Like 8

29 minutes ago, Hangar18 said:

Agree, its unsightly, but its kind of a low priority thing.

I agree it is low priority, but it is also easy to fix. We just need to have size fitting barrettes for all gun caliber either as supplied with the gun or as a separate modules (as is the case now). To get there, current barbette 3D models can just be resized to match and that's it. We can also keep the current hull points to attach them.

Edited by Tycondero
  • Like 1

We already have medium barbettes for medium guns. Unfortunately for some reason even late era cruiser hulls don't have hardpoints for them, which is ridiculous.  Another useless feature is that whenever you place a standard barbette, a hardpoint for a medium barbette appears behind it(The only time medium barbettes are available), but you can no way in hell put it because the hardpoint is covered by the front/secondary tower on almost all hulls.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Shaftoe said:

I support this request. It's a much needed one.

Yeah we could do with more barbettes in general and also more aesthetic ones too.

When do you reckon the alpha 6 upcoming thread will hit? I reckon 60 pages for dat one.

• Like 1

Barbette should be applied automatically when you place the gun, based on technology player should be just able to raise the gun by one or 2 steps.

I guess it would also help AI to build ships and would remove the need for hard points for barbettes too. Many hull's doesn't have them or have them in ridiculous places anyway. 

• Like 5