Game-Labs Forum

Mistakenly destroyed combat medals

nicksmithcc

Let me preface this.. I 100% acknowledge that I AM responsible for what happened, however can something be put into place to prevent it in the future.. for other new players?

A week worth of grinding missions i had around 149 combat medals (i'm pretty casual).. I went to split said combat medals to sell some on the market and accidentally hit destroy... Being that cancel is usually on the right side I hit the button on the right.. 

Little did i realize, where cancel usually is, it was now confirm. Needless to say i lost 149 combat medals.. You have awesome things making you type in numbers before you do important actions etc in port, why not when it comes to destroying currency? 

Why are the buttons even swapped? I feel like the only reason a dev would intently swap buttons is to troll people..

My two cents. 

SLAY

I'm not a new player.  But it seems that a couple times a year I screw up and delete something, instead of splitting it.  I do lots of splitting to balance out the loads when trading and/or fishing.  I destroyed a half a million reals worth of Hull repairs in an instant. Argggg.    Once I accidentally destroyed 600 tons of Dorado.   Another time I destroyed more than 2,000 Doubloons.  Also 2,800 tons of Logwood.

I sympathize with your pain.  I trade a lot, and I'm clicking on the UI almost constantly.  Every now and again a mistake happens and suddenly the wrong buttons have been selected. When we are clicking lots it's easy to just keep the flow going and click on "Confim".  Then it is too late.  

2100095616_Splitwrong.jpg.584a24b0d516ec6de568ea584a9828b8.jpg

I agree with the OP.  It's my own fault.  I seriously doubt that they are trolling us.  I'm sure they have other priorities. I should be more careful, but it would be very kind if the @Dev would move the "Destroy" button down to the end of the list.  I could live with accidentally clicking on the "Send to clan warehouse". 

420026462_Splitright.jpg.9d1c55ae0af31d02c657070f4027315a.jpg

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 5

It is annoying.

I bet we have at some time all done it ! 😐

1 hour ago, Macjimm said:

I'm not a new player.  But it seems that a couple times a year I screw up and delete something, instead of splitting it.  I do lots of splitting to balance out the loads when trading and/or fishing.  I destroyed a half a million reals worth of Hull repairs in an instant. Argggg.    Once I accidentally destroyed 600 tons of Dorado.   Another time I destroyed more than 2,000 Doubloons.  Also 2,800 tons of Logwood.

I sympathize with your pain.  I trade a lot, and I'm clicking on the UI almost constantly.  Every now and again a mistake happens and suddenly the wrong buttons have been selected. When we are clicking lots it's easy to just keep the flow going and click on "Confim".  Then it is too late.  

2100095616_Splitwrong.jpg.584a24b0d516ec6de568ea584a9828b8.jpg

I agree with the OP.  It's my own fault.  I seriously doubt that they are trolling us.  I'm sure they have other priorities. I should be more careful, but it would be very kind if the @Dev would move the "Destroy" button down to the end of the list.  I could live with accidentally clicking on the "Send to clan warehouse". 

420026462_Splitright.jpg.9d1c55ae0af31d02c657070f4027315a.jpg

3 hours ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

F.

But honestly thought it should come up a box where you have to type "destroy" before its gone

That would be overkill.  Most players destroy Salt often enough that typing in "destroy" would be too time consuming.  Sometimes we need to destroy stuff fast (when throwing stuff overboard because we are being chased).

Simple enough to just move the button away from "Split".

32 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

That would be overkill.  Most players destroy Salt often enough that typing in "destroy" would be too time consuming.  Sometimes we need to destroy stuff fast (when throwing stuff overboard because we are being chased).

Simple enough to just move the button away from "Split".

i agree like that would be overkill, in other games you have the common items like you mention salt you wouldn't need that extra confirmation to do, but a good idea i think would work is to have an option in the game settings if you want to have the confirm button for say resources, trade goods, consumables etc. Think that would be a QOL change, and that you cant delete by right clicking, but you would have to drag it out from the inventory and drop it, which would make it alot harder to do unrecognized by yourself.