Game-Labs Forum

List of possible real ships??

cj95

Hey all.

I was wondering have we established a list of possible real world ships able to be created in the designer?

I don't mean  "near-analogues" but rather actual real world designs.

For instance I know we have the HMS Dreadnoughts hull, and I think I heard Hood was on the way perhaps?  I think the iowa class is modeled, and the pre-dreadnought hulls look similar to some British and French designs but I have not nailed down what exact ships they took the parts from.

Im really really hoping to be able to model real world ships and not really mish-mash fantasy designs and was wondering if we had a parts list yet.

As far as I can tell, and I may be wrong but.. German Gazelle class light cruiser. Monmonth class Armored cruiser, Garibaldi class Armored Cruiser.  Majestic class, Lord Nelson class,  Tsessarevitch class,  Borodino class, several iterations of the Brandenburg for some reason (4 hull variations with 3 being almost identical) , and Kaiser class pre dreadnoughts. 

• Like 1

Starting with Build 4 (according to the announcement), new hulls will become available, most notably - RN's Admiral-class BC (HMS Hood).

2020-01-02_18-02-02.png

I have managed to build rather accurate replicas (i.e. looking close to originals and having the same/very similar weaponry/armor layout) of:

USN's Alaska-class BC (high degree of accuracy)

USN's Iowa-class BB (high degree of accuracy)

USN's Montana-class BB (high degree of accuracy)

IJN's Yamato-class BB (with minor inconsistencies, specifically towers and placement of secondaries)

USN's South Carolina-class BB (with minor inconsistencies)

USN's Standard-type (Pennsylvania-class) BB (high degree of accuracy) - I even have pictures of a line of them, see spoiler below. 

unknown.png

Edited by Shaftoe

Personally, I am waaay more interested in more destroyer hulls. Interwar and more modern ones. To build ships like Clemson, Farragut, Porter, Leopard, 1934 and 1936 classes, Tribal (later one), I-class, etc.

I think the gave offers very poor variety of destroyer hulls at the moment, as if they are unimportant. Yes, it's still alpha and they are not capital ships, but I would like to be able to build some iconic DDs sooner than later.

I would also like destroyers to have more different components to complement new hull types to accurately re-create those iconic ships.

On 1/20/2020 at 8:02 AM, cj95 said:

Hey all.

I was wondering have we established a list of possible real world ships able to be created in the designer?

I don't mean  "near-analogues" but rather actual real world designs.

For instance I know we have the HMS Dreadnoughts hull, and I think I heard Hood was on the way perhaps?  I think the iowa class is modeled, and the pre-dreadnought hulls look similar to some British and French designs but I have not nailed down what exact ships they took the parts from.

Im really really hoping to be able to model real world ships and not really mish-mash fantasy designs and was wondering if we had a parts list yet.

I also did a few in my series.

- Hood even though hull wasn't right

- Schleswig-Holstein

- Conte di Cavour

- Iowa

- South Carolina

- Dreadnought

- Nagato

oh and even though it's not exactly recreation of a historical ship I also did Izumo from World of Warships

Sorry for changing volume between the videos, I've been working on my sound between the videos and things were getting better or worse at times.

Might do some other historical ships later. 

Edited by Latur Husky