Game-Labs Forum

sail drawings

On 1/9/2020 at 5:40 PM, ManuelSpain said:

many of the ships of this time had drawings in their sails, there could be some dlc project to introduce flags drawings in the sails of the ships

100_0643.jpg

Velas muy bonitas y impresionantes

No tenemos ningunos dibujos  sobre las de nuestros barcos por el momento

Edited by DFIL3
  • Like 1

Actually  there’s no historical  evidence of emblems on sails in the 17th, 18th centuries. In the late 19th century, some trading companies started having an emblem on the main sail. And 16th century ships often get depicted having some sort of pattern or emblem, but to my knowledge this is not often seen on contemporary paintings.

I for one, like Naval Action as a game that don’t have the Disney Hollywood-pirate look. But each to his own I guess. 

Maybe a dlc to keep the sails historical accurate? 

Edited by CarlBaron
  • Like 1

Hiho o7

Signs and banners on the sails were no longer common at the time when Naval Action was moving, with a few exceptions.

I could get excited for a DLC that offers different sail colors, but of course they should remain realistic. Because, depending on the age of the canvas, it also had a certain patina, or it had been colored from scratch. So there could be sails in different shades of gray, dirty brown, different shades of yellow, ocher, rust red and the like, which would be realistic and would offer even more possibilities for individualization.

Greetings and good wind :)