Game-Labs Forum

Camera angle glitch

Fig

Hello fellow maties,

At random times in cutter, the cannon camera will get stuck in a certain radius. Lets say: Left cannons stuck in a radius between 45-90 degrees. And right cannon stuck between 0-45 degrees. You then can't move the angle out of that radius and you can only shoot in that radius. Its very fustrating. Game-Labs told me in game to double tap ESC wich didn't help. I'm using the cutter for now. Did or has anyone have this problem? And if you did how did you fix it?

Greets,

Benjamin Black Beard

i had similar whit the snow i fire one shot the ship banks down like crazy. then reaim and it did it again for an whole match so fustrating. then later in the match i try to switch from port to stern camera to take an shot i get stuck whit the camera. I had not way to get out opf it after pressing almost everything it finally released. all on the snow.

• 1 month later...

i'll post in here as it sort of relates, in saying that i have a camera related issue at present.

not sure if something has changed with the game in the last 24 hours, or this glitch has manifested it's self randomly. but all of a sudden my camera is jumping between random angles of my ship and also other ships(including the enemies). these are only flashes lasting 2-3 seconds, but its often enough to make the game unplayable.

in the 3 games(2 pvp 1 pve) i managed to play, i couldn't tell if something was triggering it or if it was indeed random. if i had to guess it seemed to happen more as i entered or exited gun aiming.

any help on this subject would be great. i will also try and record a battle to help explain what is happening

i'll post in here as it sort of relates, in saying that i have a camera related issue at present.

not sure if something has changed with the game in the last 24 hours, or this glitch has manifested it's self randomly. but all of a sudden my camera is jumping between random angles of my ship and also other ships(including the enemies). these are only flashes lasting 2-3 seconds, but its often enough to make the game unplayable.

in the 3 games(2 pvp 1 pve) i managed to play, i couldn't tell if something was triggering it or if it was indeed random. if i had to guess it seemed to happen more as i entered or exited gun aiming.

any help on this subject would be great. i will also try and record a battle to help explain what is happening

please record the video and post it 

i had similar whit the snow i fire one shot the ship banks down like crazy. then reaim and it did it again for an whole match so fustrating. then later in the match i try to switch from port to stern camera to take an shot i get stuck whit the camera. I had not way to get out opf it after pressing almost everything it finally released. all on the snow.

can you please rephrase? or add more details.? 

Russian sailor says that you might have viruses that record your keyboard command or mouse commands and send somewhere. He had the same problem with the camera on the wifi mouse and found at least 10 rootkits after antivirus check.

F11- bugreport

Did you send one when the glitch happened?

If yes you can be sure the devs are having a look at the problem.

Else its very hard to get facts about the event here on the forums.

yeah i did in the 2nd game.

just thought i'd post in here too, to see if anyone had a solution.

will jump in game soon and record a battle if it is still happening.

Russian sailor says that you might have viruses that record your keyboard command or mouse commands and send somewhere. He had the same problem with the camera on the wifi mouse and found at least 10 rootkits after antivirus check.

i can safely say it's not this.

edit: also is there any other way i can submit a video without having to upload it to youtube?

my upload speeds are rediculously slow and would take 10 hours to upload a 10 minute vid to youtube.

edit 2: best option i can think of is zipping the file then using mediafire to upload to, but not sure if that is suitable for the devs.

Edited by Aussie_Fox

youtube is fine.. we can wait 10 hours))

upload as unlisted video and post it here.

edit: got it down to 2 hours. but would still like to know if there is an easier option for submitting video?

having a 10kb/s upload rate sucks.

Edited by Aussie_Fox

First things first.

1. Wired or wireless mouse and keyb ?

2. any game controllers and/or HOTAS connected ?

1. both wired.

2. no.

this just randomly started yesterday.

the game has been fine since day one for me without any major bugs apart from some sound desync with the cannons, and firing lag. but that seems to be pretty common.

i'm going to re-install NA just to make sure nothing in the game files has been corrupted and see if that fixes anything.

1:22 graphical glitch
3:19 random scope without me pressing shift
8:00 random camera glitch
8:32 graphical glitch
9:10 graphical glitch
10:52 random camera glitch, also switches boat heading
13:42 random scope without me pressing shift

the graphical glitches were new to me in this match, i'm guessing due to the forts.

the glitches i was seeing in previous battles aren't all here, like the camera randomly jumping to other ships as if i was in free cam and left clicking. but the video should give you a rough idea of what is happening to me every battle since yesterday.

i also apologise for the shitty quality of the video, i'm not the best at this sort of thing as i have never needed to do it.

*i had to reduce quality to get this uploaded in a reasonable timeframe*

filmed using ShadowPlay through the Geforce Experience program.

Edited by Aussie_Fox