Game-Labs Forum

More repairs from AI

@admin

Dear captains and devs,

Let me start with a description of my problem. With the new distribution of bots in open world (friendly towns spawn friendly bots, enemy towns spawn enemy bots) i see many players sitting in dock-spot and waiting for some decent bots they can attack. The few bots that appears gets attacked by twice or more the ships you need … polite players let the first tagging player alone, not all are polite …

A variant of this "waiting at the dock-spot" ist teleporting from port to port and see If there ist a decent target. I do this myself very often …

Even in border-towns enemy bots are very rare … 

Of course i understand the Intention of the bot distribution and i support it. It is logically that i have to search enemy ships around enemy ports. 

But atm sailing to enemy waters means to return ti save port after every single fight (except some boarding fights or noob ganks). If i have a fight iin which i get significant damage im forced to turn and sail home to rep and get repairs.

In my pirate life this means i sail at least 20 mins to get in hostily waters, have a fight and sail Back 20 mins. This sucks so i do it very seldom …

Yes i know, i can load my ship full of reps but we all know this slows you down a lot … and we all know how much reps are needed to full repair a heavy damaged ship in OW.

So my suggestion is to make AI drop Lots of repairs. I think every AI should drop the 3 kinds of repairs in a good amount depending in its size. Attacking AI should be a source of reps, not a rep sink. Flood the world with reps, make it possible to stay in enemy waters for months 😁

I know there are some related drawbacks for crafter and logistic-alts … maybe we can compensate them by another crafting good? But im sure they will have still their purpose … dont think a whole port battle fleet will farm AI after got towed 😁

If i was not clear in some point feel free to ask. Lets discuss this please …

O7

Gilles

• Like 1

yes it's a time sink (because of the distribution of the enemy ships far away from your starting point 

you first have to sail for 15 minutes  and 15 minutes back for having to repair your ship 

one of the problems this game has with AI farming or the grind ATM.

it's just basic interpretation of a mechanic what gives more issues later on in the game grind if you look at how to hold people in the game in the long run .

you will end up with 

>> * grind fatigue and in a later stadium>> * ( in NA) Admirals feategue 

*a phenomenon that you can recognize by the fact that you are staring at your port screen for 10 minutes..

also known as a mental game freeze. what end up in a game shut down mostly.

Edited by Thonys

All should drop a couple of each. Agreed.

Note: Sitting in front of port under fort waiting for AI has nothing to do with repairs. Is just fear that PvP might find them. Nothing else. As a friendly enemy said - "I don't  want to be interrupted by you gankers while i grind my slots." - Zero to do with repairs.

All AI should drop 1 cycle of repairs of their own model ( the AI model, not the player model ). So a player using a 1st rate to smash a 6th rate will get 6th rate worth of repairs. But a 4th rate captain attacking a 2nd rate AI will get 2nd rate worth of repair.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

As a friendly enemy said - "I don't  want to be interrupted by you gankers while i grind my slots." - Zero to do with repairs.

One of the reasons I don't attack AI is because it wastes repairs that I need for PVP.  I'd like to do the PVE missions that give me chests and marks, but i must travel to areas where PVP takes place and i am loath to use my reps on a bot when i will need them for PVP.  Smashing AI to replenish reps would be a good option in this regard.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hethwill said:

Note: Sitting in front of port under fort waiting for AI has nothing to do with repairs. Is just fear that PvP might find them. Nothing else. As a friendly enemy said - "I don't  want to be interrupted by you gankers while i grind my slots." - Zero to do with repairs.

Agree safety or false safety is a reasin for "harbour sitting" too. But the repairs are a problem too ... because i have to sail back to harbour after every fight sailing to hostile waters is ineffective ... so you can sit in Front of harbour (with the side effect you can teleport to a Hotspot in a Minute If needed) and have the same amount of killed AI ...

Players are clever and lazy: If they have to decide between waiting 40 (or more) minutes for a decent AI, or sail 40 minutes (20 min one way) they will choose to wait ...

Dont think one cycle of repairs are enough ... If you fight f.e. aga vs. aga you will need much more reps to compensate your damaged ... 

I would suggest you can resupply your ship by Killing AI ... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

One of the reasons I don't attack AI is because it wastes repairs that I need for PVP.  I'd like to do the PVE missions that give me chests and marks, but i must travel to areas where PVP takes place and i am loath to use my reps on a bot when i will need them for PVP.  Smashing AI to replenish reps would be a good option in this regard.

Exactly! Give freedom to us poor Players without an alt ... (Some players have an alt with LGV full of repairs logged out on high sea ... si they can refill reps without sailing Back to Port).