Game-Labs Forum

Newbie two weeks in

contact

So I have now been playing NA 2 weeks last Saturday.

There are ups and downs for me of course.

But I’m loving it.

I know there is a lot of talk on what updates or not should be made. No doubt at some time I may comment.

I am pleased to advise I was able to join a Clan in my first week. I have learned so much from the members of the Clan. Some are experienced others joined after me. Nation members on line. Of course here too.

Thanks to the help from Clan members. I have an idea of what’s going on. As everyone says it’s a steep learning curve. But I’m getting there.

I have progressed to a 2nd lieutenant.

I’m looking forward to learning more skills and gradual progression.

I thought UG was good. But this raises the bar much higher.

Best wishes all.

Cheers 🍻

PS. Anyone know where can buy a parrot 🦜. 😉

Edited by contact
Error
  • Like 7

Just now, Razee said:

Welcome, glad youre having fun, feel free to post the up and downs, as most here are veterans with many alts, and they tend to forget how NA life is for new players.

Hi 

Many thanks. I will start to do so

Cheers 🍻

Just now, Angus MacDuff said:

Do the tutorial mate.  It will give you rank, ships, a ton of repairs, some money and a Naval clock.  Well worth the effort!

Thanks.

I will. I have done the Gunnery and sailing then got way laid. Will get back to it.

Cheers 🍻

25 minutes ago, contact said:

Thanks.

I will. I have done the Gunnery and sailing then got way laid. Will get back to it.

Cheers 🍻

I strongly suggest that you consider in which port that you complete the tutorial.  That will be the port that your thousands of repairs will appear in.  If it is far behind your main base of operation, you will then have to transport all of those reps. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome and another newcomer also reporting. I bought Naval Action week ago after reading review in finnish game magazine. Age of sailing ships have always had interest to me and i wish they would have made more Master and Commander movies :)

I decited to join PvP server and also decited to join Denmark-Norway as nation and also joined i think almost right away to DNP, which is Danish-Norwergian clan and have had fun time probably even too much as i have just played this game now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rymy Finne said:

Welcome and another newcomer also reporting. I bought Naval Action week ago after reading review in finnish game magazine. Age of sailing ships have always had interest to me and i wish they would have made more Master and Commander movies :)

I decited to join PvP server and also decited to join Denmark-Norway as nation and also joined i think almost right away to DNP, which is Danish-Norwergian clan and have had fun time probably even too much as i have just played this game now. 

1 hour ago, Rymy Finne said:

Welcome

In my limited experience.

Joining a clan is really first thing to do. Can learn so much.

As I’m sure you will be advised it’s a good idea to do the tutorials and try to pass exams.

Good luck.

Cheers 🍻

Yes, i allready actually did all exams including finals. They will give you nice xp boost in the beginning and also some important materials. Those and joining to some clan in expecially in PvP server are my recommendations also. It also enables you to do some group kill missons which are nice source for xp and also drops in mission and silver chets. 

I am at the moment Captain with 500 xp missing of next rank 7 and Kommandørkaptajn. Should be done this evening.

See you on sea!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rymy Finne said:

Yes, i allready actually did all exams including finals. They will give you nice xp boost in the beginning and also some important materials. Those and joining to some clan in expecially in PvP server are my recommendations also. It also enables you to do some group kill missons which are nice source for xp and also drops in mission and silver chets. 

I am at the moment Captain with 500 xp missing of next rank 7 and Kommandørkaptajn. Should be done this evening.

See you on sea!

Hi

Brilliant. Congrats.

But no offensive. Not sure wish to meet you on the high seas 😰

👍

🍻🍻

7 hours ago, Rymy Finne said:

:D

Well that is salt of the game in here and why we play this right? I have been nothing but beaten by enemy so far in PvP

😁 Know the feeling!

Yes absolutely 👍.

Though I think I’m learning more from a defeat. Which will in time help me.

I know I’m doing better and getting more XP in defeat than when first started 

Loving it though.

🍻