Game-Labs Forum

Yacht Redeemable

Captain Rover

I bought the game on 23rd of January 2016 but I never received the Yacht as a redeemable.

Did the alpha end a day before or is it some sort of bug?

It's been bugging me for a long time but I never decided to step to support because I was afraid I'd get turned away.

I have the transaction ID as proof of purchase.

23jan2016NA.png

Edited by Captain Rover

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2019 at 9:18 AM, Ink said:

Captain, the yacht was given to everyone who bought the game outside Steam before Early Access (21th January 2016)

On 8/12/2019 at 9:18 AM, Ink said:

Captain, the yacht was given to everyone who bought the game outside Steam before Early Access (21th January 2016)

I didn't get the Yacht! but my Birthday changed during one of the wipes (server merge i think), didn't think anything of it at the time, could this be why i haven't received it? 

On 8/21/2019 at 1:32 PM, Ed Rose said:

I didn't get the Yacht! but my Birthday changed during one of the wipes (server merge i think), didn't think anything of it at the time, could this be why i haven't received it? 

Character birthday date does not related to the yacht, are you sure you bought the game outside Steam via paypal through Naval Action web site? (this option was available before 21th January 2016)

2 hours ago, Ink said:

Character birthday date does not related to the yacht, are you sure you bought the game outside Steam via paypal through Naval Action web site? (this option was available before 21th January 2016)

Aye, but i dont have the details, i guess ive lost it, never-mind...

On 8/12/2019 at 4:18 AM, Ink said:

2 hours ago, Ed Rose said:

Aye, but i dont have the details, i guess ive lost it, never-mind...

How did players who bought the game outside of steam moved to steam? Did they just added it as a product key?

If you go to https://store.steampowered.com/account/licenses/ you will see your history of adding product keys and it looks like this

f68574849b2832792703b0de15d32956.png

and at https://store.steampowered.com/account/history/  it looks like this. You can click on it to see details

1dae723324744b35f8f7714375462b6d.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beeekonda said:

How did players who bought the game outside of steam moved to steam? Did they just added it as a product key?

If you go to https://store.steampowered.com/account/licenses/ you will see your history of adding product keys and it looks like this

f68574849b2832792703b0de15d32956.png

and at https://store.steampowered.com/account/history/  it looks like this. You can click on it to see details

1dae723324744b35f8f7714375462b6d.png

Thanks, ill have a look

The yacht is pretty much set up as the product key for those that paid by paypal pre-steam.  You had to buy it before the 21st of January and the paypal shut down on the 19th I think.  I remember I was going to buy the game but had to go on a job in Brazil.  Expecting it to only  take a week or two I was going to buy it on paypal when I got back.  I actually ended up spending a month down there and got home on the 21st and bought the game on the 22nd, day after it was released on steam.  SO NO YACHT for me.  

I remember redeeming my yacht daily and giving to any player who could never have one.  It was a win/win/win for everyone.  But the devs made the free yacht a premium import whatever and no one can sail my yacht because they didn't buy the game before a certain date, and i did.  The yacht should not be behind a stupid wall, I would give one away every day because it looks so damn cool racing across the water, and there are so few of us left that even have one.