Game-Labs Forum

Steam broadcasting

Galileus

You may have noticed that others can't see it when you are playing NA, this is due to NA not being fully released on steam yet. Usually, this is done in order to mask the game for others who must not know about a game yet, secret/test builds etc., in this case I don't know for sure why it is not visible yet, though I guess that it has something to do with the way the devs handle preorders atm, which is not through Steam yet. Anyway, in general this limitation is likely to also limit the Steam Broadcasting-module, otherwise it would be far too easy to leak a game that is meant to be under disclosure.

However, the devs are working together with Valve at the moment to get the full game on Steam and into the Steam Early Access program, once that is done it is likely that broadcasting and the other functions that are still missing (Game Hub etc.) will be enabled aswell.

All in all I think this will be resolved once the game fully gets on steam and steam store, and it probably will become visible for everyone once that happens.

Well, yeah, this is what I said in my first post ^^'

Anyhow, steam saying broadcast is now on turns out to be a red herring. Doesn't work :P

And just in case - I'm not making it so that they rush to my help and terrorize steam just to make it work ;) I've posted it in case this is something that was overlooked and/or can be fixed with a flip of a switch. Anything more that than and sure, I agree, steam version will fix it.

Having him stop by would be kinda hard with few thousands kilometers between us ;) We ended up on twitch, and are discussing possibility of either recording or streaming a podcast type discussions with some light games in the background, NA being a favorite on my end.

• 1 month later...

You may invite to watch the game. Just run it, then open the list of your friends on Steam, click on the down-arrow to open the menu, and then click on the "Invite to Watch". But I'm not sure it works :)