Game-Labs Forum

an idea for RVR mechanics

we should ask for  a RVR mission rework.

A PB on capital can be set only after capping all county secondary port, but you have only 72 hours to complete the capture of all secondary ports : new kind of mission in port have to be ''Frontline Mission'' (FM) : you start a FM on a specific county and a cooldown od 72 hours starts on your journal.

• only 1 clan can take the FM mission , paying Victory mark (about 30-50), but all nation can join and help in hostility mission. Once a FM is activated (DAY 1) , you can take Hostility mission for a specific secondary  ports, like it is now and with the selected timer, and complete them setting small PB for the next day (port BR reduction is needed, like the old smal port BR).
    • if you win the PB (DAY 2), the ports will stay contested by both nation until the end of the war action (FM + CA) (attackers cannot put an OP inside but defenders can still use their OP for teleport, extract resources , build ships and rebuild lost defences)
    • if you lose the PB (DAY 2) , the port will stay close but you can take again a new hostility mission (DAY 2) for the same port the same day (without witing for maintenance) and set a new BP for the next day (DAY 3)
    • if you lose the last secondary port PB on the DAY 3, all FM is lost and you have to start again and pay again Victory Marks and cap again the other already capped secondary ports
    • if you win on DAY 3 and you cap all secondary ports, FM is over and ''Capital Assault'' (CA) mission appears mission panel in your port ( you must always come back to your county to take mission for the next one).

• once FM is completed, you can take CA mission and set the capital PB (like it is now, hostility mission and PB next day)
    • if you win the CA, all the county switch to new nation after next day maintenance.
    • if you lose the CA,  all is reverted back...also all secondary port of the FM mission

So , the total amount of RVR Action for a single capital is about 96 hours if you don't fail.  

After a CA is completed (win or lose), there will be a cooldown of 48 hours before FM mission can be taken again ( to recap back or retry).

results:

• more chance for weakest and smaller nation to defend a county, stopping 1 of the 4 PB for 1 of  the secondary ports during FM, or defending the final capital PB during CA
  • more chance to balance biggest nation cause they cannot defend a too big geographical area. expanding too much will mean losing too much if cannot be defended.

Raids can be like the actual PB mechanics, taking a raid mission today for tomorrow for a single port (capital and secondary) , just to loot trading resources of the market or random amount of silver or gold chests. During the Raids, all defences of a port can only be deactivated and not destroyed...destruction is only during PB.

250k port timer costs would have to be reduced for this to work.

going back to 50k timer cost would help.

EDIT:

although I'm with Redii, can you imagine the defending nation noticing this is happening and they just change a timer everyday to hello kitty up plans? some nations already do that with the county capitals. You'd have to further limit how often a timer can be changed.

Edited by Teutonic

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

And now edit your post and think about timers :D 

yeah i know timers are a problem. maybe during FM , timers window can  increase from 3 to 6 hours so more players can try to attack/defend.   or can double the port window, with an interval of 12 hours between the selected timer and the next one (15-18 will generate , only during FM , another window at 03-06).

ao are you talking about costs of timers?

4 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Should be increased to 500k

:D

then you have to raise the numbers of hostility mission needed to flip a single port, if you want all the port without timer

Edited by huliotkd

4 minutes ago, rediii said:

If the time of a regional capture is limited to 72 hours why shouldn't I put every port except the important one to the most difficult time for the attacker and doge the PB with timers?

if the port timer window will be doubled with the interval of 12 hours it could be really hard to avoid PB with timers.  you put Ponce at 03-06 and you know that i don't have night players, but if i take FM, i can attack ponce at 03-06 or 03-06 + 12h so 15-18... so i can't attack Ponce on my favourite window and it's quite impossible , with this mechanic, find a timer that give you immunity.

also 72 hours countdown can be improved to overcome this situation you are talking about, 72 hour are only an example to explain my idea

15 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

if the port timer window will be doubled with the interval of 12 hours it could be really hard to avoid PB with timers.  you put Ponce at 03-06 and you know that i don't have night players, but if i take FM, i can attack ponce at 03-06 or 03-06 + 12h so 15-18... so i can't attack Ponce on my favourite window and it's quite impossible , with this mechanic, find a timer that give you immunity

So timers would be pointless then? Because your example is our PB window 03-06, but 15-18 is basically Euro prime-time, which would result in 100% defeat because attendance is required, and we're all employed.

Any system that moves the defenders timer is a dealbreaker. That's the point of having timers. Raids if implemented could be the answer to everyones woes. No one loses their main ports, but raiding is happening all of the time, siphoning wealth, doubloons, marks, etc out of the region. Maybe the region gets a production malus. There are a lot of ways to slice it.

Edited by Rabman
  • Like 2

I think a lot of players already agree, smaller ports should have to be capped first, before attacking the capital. That plus a BR adjustment would be a great first step. The addition of a time frame is something that should be left to be considered later on, if the first two changes aren't enough. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rabman said:

So timers would be pointless then? Because your example is our PB window 03-06, but 15-18 is basically Euro prime-time, which would result in 100% defeat because attendance is required, and we're all employed.

to defend from enemy FM you just need to defend 1 of the 4 secondary PB or counter 1 of the 4 hostility mission for each secondary port.  if you can't counter their hostility , you can counter their secondary port PB, if can't counter secondary PB you can counter they capital Hostility, if you can't you can defend capital PB.

you have a lot of chance to defend your county, but also the attacker need a chance. you can ally with an Euro prime-time nation asking them to defend you until some of yours are online or you can find a 12h interval that can be covered with a small risk, in both port window.

maybe window can be reduced from 3 to 2 hours, so also attackers need a good amount of players in those timer window (night and day ones) to set PB fast

Edited by huliotkd

16 minutes ago, Rabman said:

So timers would be pointless then?

and btw, timers cannot be a complete defence tactics . 

it's wrong if timers gives you the ability to be unvicible.  they can slow enemy down but you can't avoid the figth hiding only behind the timer.  i also have limited time to play and timers will give me the chance to be untouched until i'm online again but i understand that this is unfair for all palyer base.

39 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

why ? :( 

i suppose you understand that no one can afford 500k each day for each port they own for the timer, timer that become strategical and quite mandatory with my idea of RVR new mechanic.

if you want a server without timers (and i partially agree, but we have to rely on palyers fairness....) you have to find other solution to avoid nightflips or spam of PB during empty server time.

the first i though about is to increase the number of hostility mission needed, so a PB can be set in 3-4 hours than in 20 min of Ai battle...