Game-Labs Forum

Boarding - Still Possible to See What AI Will Do Next Turn (Kind of)

This is just simply something I realized recently and I thought it may not be obvious to everyone, so I thought I'd explain. When in the Boarding mini-game, the numbers labeled "Firepower" and "Melee" actually depict how many casualties you AND the enemy will do at the end of the current turn. This allows you to know when to defend instead of brace and is especially helpful if you get nabbed by AI without being fully prepared and need to just disengage.

If you are bracing and see that the enemy is about to do a crap-ton of "melee" damage to you, you know they have selected "attack" this turn, so switch to defend. If you and the enemy are both slated to do one or so "firepower" damage, you can be fairly certain you are both bracing or defending. I have actually turned the tide of many AI boarding fights thanks to this.

P.S. I actually enjoy the boarding aspect of this game and hope to do a more robust guide in the near future. I'll keep posting little tips and tricks as I realize them.

Edited by CrustyJohnson
typo
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, furyGer said:

I need help...I only see the last turn and not the aktuell, or?

You can only estimate AI's next move when you look at his preperation and how much it goes down when he makes his move.

@furyGer, some keys for IA's.

• They will attack only if they have a larger crew left.
  • They will set a "fire deck gun" every 4 rounds (as you can)
  • They will set a fire grenades every 3 rounds.
  • When you know that they will place a grenade attack (deck guns not yet loaded and grenades loaded),  place an attack at the last second. You need 59 preparation for that.
  • If at the first second, you place an attack, the IA will go to defend. At the last second of this round, go to fire deck guns, to make a lot of crew kills.

You can also have a look here for more step by step details:

Edited by Aquillas

1 hour ago, Da Hool said:

You can only estimate AI's next move when you look at his preperation and how much it goes down when he makes his move.

That's not really true. As I said in my post, if you look at how much firepower/melee damage they are about to do to you at the end of the turn; you vcan estimate at least whether they will "attack" or use deckguns, muskets, grenades

• Like 1

1 hour ago, furyGer said:

I need help...I only see the last turn and not the aktuell, or?

Yes it shows you the actual attack they last did, but if you look at the numbers next to where it says "Melee" and "Firepower" those will tell you how many men you will lose at the end of the current turn if nothing changes. If you are bracing and see that the enemy will do something like "53" melee damage to you; you know they are using "attack", etc.