Game-Labs Forum

Ahoy Captains and Admin from Capt. Ed and Seadog 2nd Class Wade.

At work so we can't elaborate. Please Admin and Devs, open the Pacific with a proper canal, turn on the fishing and bottles, place a few cities and towns. Too beautiful a place to waste.

I'd even pay for it as a DLC. For the War server 3 strategically placed canals would be good so no one clan could block it.

Have to get back to work. Fair sailing and best of luck on the release. I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 5

Add Buenaventura and Acapulco (slightly fudged position) and maybe another central one as supply ports, teleports disabled, and put in the Galapagos.  Instead of canals just leave the subterrainean routes we're familiar with to keep it a journey.  Fishing, bottles, and artifacts, asian goods and resources to haul back.  Some sort of NPC population to encounter.   Pacific scenery to enjoy:

original.jpg

Edited by Barbancourt
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, Barbancourt said:

Add Buenaventura and Acapulco (slightly fudged position) and maybe another central one as supply ports, teleports disabled, and put in the Galapagos.  Instead of canals just leave the subterrainean routes we're familiar with to keep it a journey.  Fishing, bottles, and artifacts, asian goods and resources to haul back.  Some sort of NPC population to encounter.   Pacific scenery to enjoy:

original.jpg

How did you get there, tried going through south yesterday but didn't work?

:(

• Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 2:22 PM, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Maybe the gate is closed now? Admin wrote in patch notes:

Fixed the invisible walls that stop players to sail to north or east to places without any chance to return 

could be a collateral.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 2:22 AM, Gregory Rainsborough said:

You could sail into the land at the right points at the very edges of the map when I did it in the autumn.   I went via the ditch east of Sao Tome, going south south south right along the edge of the map under the land, then after hitting the corner of the map went west west west under Venezuala and the Andes until I popped out into the Pacific.  On the return trip I went under the land on the west edge of the map near Acapulco and north north north under Oklahoma to the corner, then east east east until I popped out into the bit of water that allowed me to enter the Atlantic just east of the most northern "American" port. 

• Like 1

Yes Captains. I tried for 3 hrs last night to get through the ditch in the south with my Spanish character Capt. Martin. No luck. Today with my American character Capt. Ed in the north. No go. Seadog Wade even woofed it and growled it, but to no avail. I'll try the Bridgetown area tonight. If we can no longer get in then Admin and Ink need to give us a canal.

Now back to work. Fair sailing all.     

• Like 1

Thanks Papillon. I'll try that tomorrow because there was simply too much to do this evening. I'll send Seadog Wade to Capt. Martin to get underway at once. If he can find an opening I'll probably join him and we can enjoy it together. I role play and both characters are entirely different.

BTW. Admin, if you're listening, on Peace Server, it's extremely aggravating to not be able to talk to "Enemy Player" even if it's only me to myself. Please let us talk to each other on the Peace Server. Thanks.

Fair sailing all.     

• Like 1

Just tried my old method Capt. Norfolk nCook “Pacific Route” and failed.

Like @Suppenkelle mentioned Admin closed the gates in a patch update I believe to be true.

Route was [820,-400] due south. Once past Santo Tome de Guayana [791,-425] on my Starboard side the ship just stopped. I needed to turn completely about to get moving again. No grounding or the visible islands as before just open ocean.

Will try again later, but pretty obvious tis closed for now. Next step is finding another hole...

Norfolk

• Like 1

Ahoy Captains,

After an exhaustive search of the east and north sides of the map I have found no way in. Yet. I did find this interesting place at the northeast corner of the map.

Now off to other great adventures with the indomitable Petty Officer Wade by my side. Hint, hint (Not so subtle.) I want a canal.

Fair sailing all in our new adventures at the release from Alpha.

20190610162808_1.jpg

20190610162932_1.jpg